RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 19, 2015 2:26 pm

only me » Tue May 19, 2015 10:13 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 19, 2015 9:45 am wrote:I actually think this is a good thing, I think the club would have been happy enough to bring in average plodders like Milner and Ings but now we are losing Sterling as well as Gerrard it may force their hand a bit.
Imo we should go for Konoplyanka, Kovacic and Yarmalenko, those 3 players would transform our team.
One thing is for certain and that is we'll soon know how ambitious the club is, if we are content on signing our rivals cast off's like Milner, Jovetic, Walcott etc then you know they are not really interested in trying to close the gap between us and the top teams.

Neither of the lads you mentioned will transform the team ,the Ukrainians guys are too of a liability and i never heard of this new Kovacic wonder.
Plunder the top 5 french league teams i say ,get a CB from Germany and that's it.

We 'plundered' the French league under Houllier and that worked out well didn't it?
Konoplyanka is better than Sterling (certainly this half motivated version that's currently playing for us now) so that would be an upgrade and Yarmalenko (who has been heavily linked to Chelsea in the past) is the type of skillful maverick that we need to unlock defences.
Kovacic is going to be a superb player, unfortunately for us Barcelona are now being linked with him.
So yes, let's not go for players that have been linked to Chelsea and Barcelona, let's sign more average french players  :glare:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue May 19, 2015 3:56 pm

stmichael » May 19th, '15, 13:54 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Tue May 19, 2015 5:25 am wrote:The reason is simple, he wants to leave because of BR, why would anyone want to play for a manager that is way, way out of his depth!

The money isn't even the main issue here despite what the Press and media journos' say. There is more going on behind the scenes, and it's to do with BR.

BR froze Lucas out, and he was preparing to leave in January because  of BR. He was persuaded to stay by others. Lucas gets fit and still doesn't get a look in. If Lucas goes, then Coutinho will soon follow.

Simple answer here is get rid of BR right now before LFC turn into a lower tier team. Bring in a top quality manager now, FSG know what to, so do it.

Are you really that naive and stupid?

Whether Rodgers is here or not has nothing to do with Sterling going. That's just power play from his agent. Hell, not long ago Sterling was giving interviews to the BBC very publicly crediting Rodgers for his improvement as a player and a person.

Welcome to modern football. A 20 year old who thinks he can hold Liverpool to ransom. Him saying we haven't protected him is laughable given his mid season holiday. Make him rot on 35K.

Naive or stupid, come on mate, read between the the lines. There is a lot more going on here then you realize. Maybe you should ask yourself whether you are naive or stupid!

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 19, 2015 3:57 pm

Illarramendi who we appear to be seriously linked with would be an astute signing ,he just needs the correct stage to display his undoubted quality ,I'd also go for Vietta
or Valencia's Alcacer upfront ,and for a winger we could do a lot worse than sign Konoplyanka whose a bag of tricks.

That said we have a team regularly churning out turgid fare ,and a manager seemingly content with delivering a veritable litany of excuses rather than blame his obvious ineptitude and a distinct lack of any  tactical acumen ...I mean who would want to be part of that ? Another thing ,I don't believe we were ever serious about procuring Kovacic given the money we insulted Milan with  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 19, 2015 4:53 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 19, 2015 2:57 pm wrote:Illarramendi who we appear to be seriously linked with would be an astute signing ,he just needs the correct stage to display his undoubted quality ,I'd also go for Vietta
or Valencia's Alcacer upfront ,and for a winger we could do a lot worse than sign Konoplyanka whose a bag of tricks.

That said we have a team regularly churning out turgid fare ,and a manager seemingly content with delivering a veritable litany of excuses rather than blame his obvious ineptitude and a distinct lack of any  tactical acumen ...I mean who would want to be part of that ? Another thing ,I don't believe we were ever serious about procuring Kovacic given the money we insulted Milan with  ???

I keep hearing people mentioning Vietto like he's some sort of world beater or the answer. He's scored 17 goals in his last 66 club appearances. Hardly world beating. He's potential yet again, not the finished article.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby algymoon » Tue May 19, 2015 5:12 pm

LFC owners should get rid of the idiot BR by next Monday after his team secure 7th place!, BR is mainly responsible for the Sh*t head Sterling saga, by given him a special treatment which to it had made him big headed. All this ordeal and unrest in LFC is down to the idiot BR, who lack experience and his is quite weak, and he cannot command the players respect. which the team performances of this season had badly indicated this factor. The way he has handled SG situation it was also down to him.

LFC need a strong manager who need to check this ongoing problem with the Sh*t Sterling, and also to make major clear out of BR’s bad signings, the likes of Markovic, Toure, that Spanish right back, and many more dead woods which the squad are full of them. As for Sterling is to give him two choices sign new deal or be sold for £50M. He should have been dropped from first team more than two months ago, it is only for the idiot BR who was thinking he is the best CF in LFC or whole league, and this by itself does indicate that BR is a stupid manager and not worthy of place in LFC.

We know it will be hard to attract top players especially after being out of all Europe competitions, thanks for BR usual bad run in each end of the last three seasons, for this season losing over 10 important points, and to lose it to shitty teams including the games against Chelsea.

The way forward is to bring in a strong manager promptly to sort out BR mess, and have enough time build a good team for next season and aim for second spot nothing less.
algymoon

Postby C-R » Tue May 19, 2015 5:15 pm

algymoon » Tue May 19, 2015 4:12 pm wrote:LFC owners should get rid of the idiot BR by next Monday after his team secure 7th place!, BR is mainly responsible for the Sh*t head Sterling saga, by given him a special treatment which to it had made him big headed. All this ordeal and unrest in LFC is down to the idiot BR, who lack experience and his is quite weak, and he cannot command the players respect. which the team performances of this season had badly indicated this factor. The way he has handled SG situation it was also down to him.

LFC need a strong manager who need to check this ongoing problem with the Sh*t Sterling, and also to make major clear out of BR’s bad signings, the likes of Markovic, Toure, that Spanish right back, and many more dead woods which the squad are full of them. As for Sterling is to give him two choices sign new deal or be sold for £50M. He should have been dropped from first team more than two months ago, it is only for the idiot BR who was thinking he is the best CF in LFC or whole league, and this by itself does indicate that BR is a stupid manager and not worthy of place in LFC.

We know it will be hard to attract top players especially after being out of all Europe competitions, thanks for BR usual bad run in each end of the last three seasons, for this season losing over 10 important points, and to lose it to shitty teams including the games against Chelsea.

The way forward is to bring in a strong manager promptly to sort out BR mess, and have enough time build a good team for next season and aim for second spot nothing less.

Everything he said  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue May 19, 2015 5:30 pm

Kash_Mountain » Tue May 19, 2015 2:56 pm wrote:
stmichael » May 19th, '15, 13:54 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Tue May 19, 2015 5:25 am wrote:The reason is simple, he wants to leave because of BR, why would anyone want to play for a manager that is way, way out of his depth!

The money isn't even the main issue here despite what the Press and media journos' say. There is more going on behind the scenes, and it's to do with BR.

BR froze Lucas out, and he was preparing to leave in January because  of BR. He was persuaded to stay by others. Lucas gets fit and still doesn't get a look in. If Lucas goes, then Coutinho will soon follow.

Simple answer here is get rid of BR right now before LFC turn into a lower tier team. Bring in a top quality manager now, FSG know what to, so do it.

Are you really that naive and stupid?

Whether Rodgers is here or not has nothing to do with Sterling going. That's just power play from his agent. Hell, not long ago Sterling was giving interviews to the BBC very publicly crediting Rodgers for his improvement as a player and a person.

Welcome to modern football. A 20 year old who thinks he can hold Liverpool to ransom. Him saying we haven't protected him is laughable given his mid season holiday. Make him rot on 35K.

Naive or stupid, come on mate, read between the the lines. There is a lot more going on here then you realize. Maybe you should ask yourself whether you are naive or stupid!

I think you try to give the impression that you actually know something that the majority of us aren't aware of. You do the same with Rogers and the owners. Maybe you are better informed I don't know? One thing however is for certain. The majority of the Kop would have personally paid the taxi fare to whatever club that was prepared to take him off our hands after the first two to three months of last season. There was a reason for that. He was absolutely garbage but then something clicked and he started to play very well and showed considerable signs of improvement. One of the reasons was probably playing alongside Suarez. He would inspire anybody. But I also think that Rogers  and the coaching staff played a part. Coutinho is also another player that has improved. Suarez also improved. It would be very easy to simply say that was down to the players and nothing to do with the coaching staff.

Sterling is not a match winner. He is  incredibly poor at making  the right decisions. As for his shooting ability it is generally awful. His crosses in the main are terrible. He is a fair weather player and contributes virtually nothing when the going gets tough. I'm just not sure that he is as good as you think. He has fone hugely backwards this season and it is largely down to gim and his agent. No doubt some things are going on behind the scenes but I'm not sure that whatever they are will suddenly turn this lad into anything very special. Hopefully both Sterling and the club will prove me wrong.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 19, 2015 5:38 pm

stmichael » Tue May 19, 2015 3:53 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 19, 2015 2:57 pm wrote:Illarramendi who we appear to be seriously linked with would be an astute signing ,he just needs the correct stage to display his undoubted quality ,I'd also go for Vietta

I keep hearing people mentioning Vietto like he's some sort of world beater or the answer. He's scored 17 goals in his last 66 club appearances. Hardly world beating. He's potential yet again, not the finished article.

I agree ,but was Aguero the finished article when Benitez suggested we should snatch him up  ??? I also threw the name of Candreva into the mix ,believing him to be
tailor made for our midfield ,but it was scoffed at because of his age ,next thing we're being linked to Milner also 29. It seems apparent the owners are still searching
for potentially great players rather than players already firmly established as great ,and that's not going to change mate ,especially as we've now missed out on the Champions League ....At least Vietto is in one of them brackets and coveted by the top teams...Maybe now is the precise time to go court the lads favour.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Tue May 19, 2015 6:02 pm

Devaney "I'm just not sure that he is as good as you think. He has fone hugely backwards this season and it is largely down to gim and his agent"

Not being picky mate but you put an F instead of a G and then missed the P off gimp
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 19, 2015 6:08 pm

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/05/19/claim-raheem-sterling-would-have-signed-new-deal-if-brendan-rodgers-not-liverpool-boss/208745/

Ben Smith BBC - It's even been suggested to me that Sterling would sign if another manager would be in place.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue May 19, 2015 6:44 pm

A few on social media have said that QPR will get 25% of any fee in a sell on clause for Sterling

Perhaps if we are gonna offload we could part ex him with a decent City player coming our way, cutting down on the actual fee
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Tue May 19, 2015 6:46 pm

If that were true it'd open a big can of worms. Hypothetically, do you fire the manager and hope the "asset" stays, but looking like you've submitted to it? Or keep the manager and get as much £ as you can, also apparently keeping face?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Santa » Tue May 19, 2015 9:25 pm

Seems that RS was boo'ed off stage at tonight's award ceremony...I think the people have spoken loud and clear  on this one
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Wed May 20, 2015 1:40 am

Santa all the sane ones have. It's just those rose tinted deluded poor souls who haven't
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed May 20, 2015 1:55 am

RedAnt » Tue May 19, 2015 5:46 pm wrote:

If that were true it'd open a big can of worms. Hypothetically, do you fire the manager and hope the "asset" stays, but looking like you've submitted to it? Or keep the manager and get as much £ as you can, also apparently keeping face?

If that were true, it is extremely disrespectful and full of himself by Sterling. Who does he think he is? Steven Gerrard? You are Raheem feckin Sterling. You haven't achieved anything yet in the game. You had one good season benefited mostly from Suarez and Sturridge being more than a handful to most defenses and that's about it. And here you are implying you would stay if the manager is gone. The manager who played you consistently, gave you the breakthrough that you wanted and that's how you repay him? I just hope that this is not true because if it is, he will have even more fans booing him. His PR team better come out and deny this. It doesn't matter if you're pro-Rodgers or anti-Rodgers on this one, if it's true, it's just not on.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion