RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 16, 2015 8:25 pm

Raheem Sterling, you're having a f**king laugh if you think you're the finishes article. Feck me, you'd struggle to make it as kit boy, let along the first 11 of Real, Barca or Bayern.

£150,000 a week? The lad has been sniffing too much laughing gas!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat May 16, 2015 8:32 pm

I know he is still a young lad,  but when he is poor he is really poor. Just hope it isn't a case of teams having worked him out and he doesn't have the ability to step up
Doeboy

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat May 16, 2015 9:30 pm

He was awful again today, really awful. His head is elsewhere and it's affecting the whole team. Get rid of the little money grabber so we can build a team of players that want to play here.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat May 16, 2015 9:33 pm

He has been Sh*t since he decided he was great...
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 16, 2015 9:46 pm

He's obviously got talent and tons of potential but if we get a good offer for him in the summer I'd let him go.
All the praise has gone to his head, he thinks he is better than he really is.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat May 16, 2015 11:49 pm

Think Sterlings gone but will do better around quality as he did last season with our exceptional front line.

The lad has been asked to play as a No 9 because we literally have no centre forwards at all, not his best position.

If we get £50m for him then invest it in a MANAGER, always the most important commodity at any club.

5 year deal that gets us Klopp.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Sat May 16, 2015 11:57 pm

Get rid !

Preferably to Spurs but won't make much difference if he goes to a Top 4 club cos he won't get a game !

Sterling represents all that is bad about the modern day Footballer........indulged, overpaid and arrogance personified.

30 Million should do it and spend it on someone who gives a S*** !

Half a season wonder playing alongside mercurials aka Suarez, Gerrard and Coutinho does NOT make you a Superstar......

He actually got booed today by the KOP........that's how bad he is and we don't boo in performance just character and his is ***** poor !!!
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 16, 2015 11:59 pm

Poor game today and again how he lasted 90 mins is beyond me.
The lad has potential but he will never fulfill that under rodgers.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun May 17, 2015 6:26 pm

No, no, no, LFC should not sell one of their best players. He is LFC's future among some others. One needs to judge  RS judge on what he is capable of doing when he is given a role that suits him, along with a team of players around him that help, rather then hinder him.

Watching RS play when he was able to drop off the front player (Lambert), his runs were LFC's only 'real' threat in the 2nd half. Now, BR in all his wisdom having him play as the lone striker is just plain stupid, in fact, it is total mismanagement and waste of his talents, and he has plenty of talent. It leaves him isolated with no options,  and makes it ever do easy and simple for the opposition to mark him out of the game. CP had two / three players on him all the time. This has been the case in a lot of games. It's this that has hindered him mostly, the contract stuff is a side issue. Why would he want to sign and play for a manager that totally misuses and wastes his talent!

BR is the main Curprit here, he has put RS in a position where his main strengths are not being touched upon, and in doing this, has made RS look really awful (pretty much like Balo). Until LFC has a manager or head coach with the intelligence to analyse and use players properly and effectively, then LFC will not go anywhere, and will continue to have players look totally awful

What about the players from Southampton, none of them, not one  has looked close to the player they were the previous season. The reason is BR, why? Because he has played them in a way that just doesn't suit their game. Again, BR really does not possess the ability to apply intelligence and analyse the game to ensure players are players properly and effectively. You know, against Basel, he couldn't even figure out what Basel were doing in the 2 games LFC  played them in. BR really lacks the insight that is needed, and it's hurting and damaging LFC deeply, hence, the players form is being affected.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 18, 2015 7:59 am

Thommo's perm » Sat May 16, 2015 8:33 pm wrote:He has been Sh*t since he decided he was great...
:glare:

:laugh:     :nod

Worse still, since he decided he was "great" his transfer value must surely have gone into steep decline, forget the £40-50 million some have suggested we'd get for him, take away his pace and there's fk all there.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Mon May 18, 2015 10:18 am

Always thought the £40/50m was nonsense!! Anything north of £25m would be a bonus. He's really isnt that good  :(
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 18, 2015 1:44 pm

He was much better last year and not one person on here was slating him then. He performed much better when he had better players around him but without those he is struggling with the expectation of suddenly having to emulate suarez and carry the can for the team.

He is still the same prospect he was 2 years ago but he has been badly managed and therein lies the problem.

Who cares what he thinks he is worth, Henderson isn't worth what he gets and neither is sick note so why should he settle for less just because he is younger. If any one of you were in a situation that seen your workload double along with extra pressure you would also want to be paid accordingly.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon May 18, 2015 1:53 pm

red till i die!! » Mon May 18, 2015 12:44 pm wrote:He was much better last year and not one person on here was slating him then. He performed much better when he had better players around him but without those he is struggling with the expectation of suddenly having to emulate suarez and carry the can for the team.

He is still the same prospect he was 2 years ago but he has been badly managed and therein lies the problem.

Who cares what he thinks he is worth, Henderson isn't worth what he gets and neither is sick note so why should he settle for less just because he is younger. If any one of you were in a situation that seen your workload double along with extra pressure you would also want to be paid accordingly.

I don't think he's very good mate. A 20 year old winger who can't cross or shoot? BR has made him worse of course, playing him upfront when he has no idea how to finish, but I think he's massively over-rated. I'd be very disappointed if he was still with us next year. I'm not sure BR should have included him in recent games. I don't think any other Liverpool manager would have. Same goes for Borini after getting sent off and then sulking off down the tunnel.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 18, 2015 2:18 pm

RedAnt » Mon May 18, 2015 1:53 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Mon May 18, 2015 12:44 pm wrote:He was much better last year and not one person on here was slating him then. He performed much better when he had better players around him but without those he is struggling with the expectation of suddenly having to emulate suarez and carry the can for the team.

I don't think he's very good mate. A 20 year old winger who can't cross or shoot? BR has made him worse of course, playing him upfront when he has no idea how to finish, but I think he's massively over-rated. I'd be very disappointed if he was still with us next year. I'm not sure BR should have included him in recent games. I don't think any other Liverpool manager would have. Same goes for Borini after getting sent off and then sulking off down the tunnel.

I totally understand Ant but you have to question what it is he is being coached to do. If its cross the ball then yes he sucks but the way we play is not to get the ball wide and lump it across to the lanky lad. His biggest attribute is his pace and we don't set up to exploit that but what would be the point anyway as if he gets to the by-line first half the team are left miles behind.

When torres played here we worked to his strength and he got released early so he could be in a position to run at defenders, use his pace to round them and finish. No defense could play a high line against us when he was in the side. When he went to chelski he was expected to be a fox in the box and he is never that.
One thing about benitez was that he knew how to work with player strengths to his advantage. Thats one thing rodgers hasn't a clue about.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon May 18, 2015 2:25 pm

red till i die!! » Mon May 18, 2015 1:18 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Mon May 18, 2015 1:53 pm wrote:

I totally understand Ant but you have to question what it is he is being coached to do. If its cross the ball then yes he sucks but the way we play is not to get the ball wide and lump it across to the lanky lad. His biggest attribute is his pace and we don't set up to exploit that but what would be the point anyway as if he gets to the by-line first half the team are left miles behind.

When torres played here we worked to his strength and he got released early so he could be in a position to run at defenders, use his pace to round them and finish. No defense could play a high line against us when he was in the side. When he went to chelski he was expected to be a fox in the box and he is never that.
One thing about benitez was that he knew how to work with player strengths to his advantage. Thats one thing rodgers hasn't a clue about.

We won't see the best of him under Rodgers, I agree. But it's not just his crossing and shooting. He doesn't seem too bright as a footballer either. I think he has a lot of growing to do and wether he has the capacity to improve much further remains to be seen. I honestly suspect he's not far off his peak.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion