RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 21, 2015 12:05 pm

C-R » Thu May 21, 2015 11:47 am wrote:Being reported in the Liverpool Echo now too, link... http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... rd-9302569

Raheem Sterling agent Aidy Ward says Liverpool FC man "definitely" not signing contract and labels Jamie Carragher a "knob"

Don't know why so many ex-players feel the need to come out and stick it to the lad anyway.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu May 21, 2015 12:21 pm

I would force him to stay at the club for another 2 years, sit in the reserves and run down his contract

That would hurt us i know, but would hurt him a hell of a lot more
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Thu May 21, 2015 12:27 pm

Don't get me wrong, I think Rs is a good player with excellent potential, but is he really that good?.

I like his ability to take on defenders at pace and he does track back, however his finishing is poor as Is his crossing.

It appears he wants to leave. He hads two years left on his contract so the club is the one with the power. If we don't want to sell we won't. However if we can get 50 mill that is enough to upgrade the potential of Rs with a proven player already at the level Rs could be.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 21, 2015 12:36 pm

The problem for us though is that Sterling can buy out the last year of his contract, so in essence he is entering his final year now. This time next year he essentially walks away and we don't get a penny.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu May 21, 2015 12:48 pm

agents are f@cking scumbags. set of f@cking c@nts the lot of them
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 21, 2015 12:57 pm

C-R » Thu May 21, 2015 10:47 am wrote:Being reported in the Liverpool Echo now too, link... http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... rd-9302569

Raheem Sterling agent Aidy Ward says Liverpool FC man "definitely" not signing contract and labels Jamie Carragher a "knob"

Seriously? Did he call Carragher a knob?
He's supposed to be a professional businessman, not some f**king scally.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 21, 2015 1:10 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 21, 2015 12:57 pm wrote:
C-R » Thu May 21, 2015 10:47 am wrote:Being reported in the Liverpool Echo now too, link... http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... rd-9302569

I seem to remember Carra saying loads of nice stuff about him so ward is totally out of order calling jamie a knob.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Thu May 21, 2015 1:39 pm

red till i die!! » Thu May 21, 2015 11:02 am wrote:Don't think that interview is going to surprise anyone tbh, Everyone knows he wants out. He will imo also do what ever it takes to force the move as his relationship with the club seems to have completely broke down and the fan's are giving him a hard time. I don't think the club care a lot either as long as they get a decent fee for him.

As long as we keep carrying on the way we have been he is not going to be the last  :no

It was probably planned to make his position untenable and force the clubs hand. Totally agree about the last bit, even a kid like Sterling can see a lack of ambition and the club going backwards, can anyone honestly deny that if LS was still here and we carried on like last season that he would have signed a new contract by now.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 21, 2015 1:59 pm

red till i die!! » Thu May 21, 2015 12:10 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 21, 2015 12:57 pm wrote:

I seem to remember Carra saying loads of nice stuff about him so ward is totally out of order calling jamie a knob.

I think the worst thing Carragher said about Ward was that Raheem should change his agent, hardly on the same level as publically calling someone a knob.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu May 21, 2015 2:31 pm

I think Ward is perhaps a bit disgruntled at the clubs stubborn stance on Sterling, and regarding his huge commission afforded for brokering any deal .My personal
opinion is 'steds make for an angry man' and invariably lose you clients ,it was always just a matter of time before Ward pronounced to the world and his wife that
he is a just an uneducated chancer.  In laymen's terms THICK TWAT !  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu May 21, 2015 2:57 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 21, 2015 3:00 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 21, 2015 1:59 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu May 21, 2015 12:10 pm wrote:[quote="[url=http://wwwI seem to remember Carra saying loads of nice stuff about him so ward is totally out of order calling jamie a knob.

I think the worst thing Carragher said about Ward was that Raheem should change his agent, hardly on the same level as publically calling someone a knob.

Carra had no business telling sterling and the world to change his agent in the first place. Yes ward is unprofessional calling him a knob but had carra not said anything in the first place this public spat wouldn't be taking place.
Its handbags yakka and the worst of it is that it puts us back in the headlines again for the wrong reasons.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu May 21, 2015 3:03 pm

Earlier Sterling's agent Aidy Ward had told Sky Sports News HQ that he denied quotes attributed to him in the Evening Standard over the Liverpool forward's future and would be seeking legal advice over the article.

Ward was due to meet Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre on Friday to discuss Sterling's future and was expected to tell the club Sterling would not be signing an extension to his existing deal, which still has two years to run.

Can anyone smell bridges burning  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu May 21, 2015 3:32 pm

The one thing that we don't want is another transfer saga. Suarez was irreplaceable so the saga was understandable. Sterling is most definitely not. Just make the decision NOW and get it done with. If it were up to me I'd sell as soon as possible for anything north of 30 million.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu May 21, 2015 4:55 pm

Slap a £50 million price tag on his head and be done with it. They either pay up or he rots in the reserves.

He's one bad injury away from being the next Sean Wright-Philips and he'll be nothing more than a bit part player at a top 4 side anyway.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion