RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby eds » Wed May 20, 2015 4:55 am

maguskwt » Wed May 20, 2015 12:55 am wrote:
RedAnt » Tue May 19, 2015 5:46 pm wrote:

If that were true it'd open a big can of worms. Hypothetically, do you fire the manager and hope the "asset" stays, but looking like you've submitted to it? Or keep the manager and get as much £ as you can, also apparently keeping face?

If that were true, it is extremely disrespectful and full of himself by Sterling. Who does he think he is? Steven Gerrard? You are Raheem feckin Sterling. You haven't achieved anything yet in the game. You had one good season benefited mostly from Suarez and Sturridge being more than a handful to most defenses and that's about it. And here you are implying you would stay if the manager is gone. The manager who played you consistently, gave you the breakthrough that you wanted and that's how you repay him? I just hope that this is not true because if it is, he will have even more fans booing him. His PR team better come out and deny this. It doesn't matter if you're pro-Rodgers or anti-Rodgers on this one, if it's true, it's just not on.

Once again I actually disagree.

Sterling hasn't come out in public saying any of this. It's either happened behind closed doors or hasn't happened at all.

IF............and it's a big IF, this has happened in private are we actually having a go for the lad having his own opinion of Rodgers. Whether it's right or wrong?

Every player, staff and supporter at the club has an opinion on Rodgers, if this became public knowledge when it SHOULDN'T HAVE IN THE FIRST PLACE why are we holding Sterling accountable?!? Don't agree with half the things the guy has done this season and his performance overall has been very poor. But with this particular issue I think it's more of a storm in a teacup then anything else.

He is deluded for thinking he worth than 100k a week as he hasn't proven anything. But to blast him for having an opinion that the club is going nowhere under Rodgers and wanting to move to another club to win trophies because of this is just stupid. To suggest that he needs to "repay" Rodgers by simply staying at the club against his own will is also stupid. I think the truth just really cuts deep doesn't it?
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Wed May 20, 2015 5:29 am

More accurate to say RS is being utterly selfish and probably manipulated by his agent who stands to gain commission from any transfer deal.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed May 20, 2015 6:04 am

Couldn't agree more Reg, simple minds are very easy to mould.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Wed May 20, 2015 7:43 am

He's going isn't he.............. Not really bothered if he said it or not. If somebody felt the need to make it up surely it tells you something.........
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 20, 2015 8:16 am

Modern players already think they are demi-gods, if you allow them to think that their opinion carry's enough weight to get a manager sacked then you'd have complete chaos.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed May 20, 2015 8:42 am

so Man City will pay us £40m and pay Sterling £200k a week. that's a win win for club and player. see ya Raheem.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Wed May 20, 2015 9:22 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 20, 2015 7:16 am wrote:Modern players already think they are demi-gods, if you allow them to think that their opinion carry's enough weight to get a manager sacked then you'd have complete chaos.

I'm pretty sure it happens quite a lot, player power has a lot of weight these days.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed May 20, 2015 9:28 am

leeroy74 » Wed May 20, 2015 7:42 am wrote:so Man City will pay us £40m and pay Sterling £200k a week. that's a win win for club and player. see ya Raheem.

I think we should hold out for £50m, I reckon they will pay it.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed May 20, 2015 10:07 am

But what if Pelligrini isn't there.......... ha!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed May 20, 2015 7:14 pm

Don't believe a single word of it !! If it is true I'll willingly drive him their.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed May 20, 2015 7:14 pm

Then Rafa will buy him when he becomes manager?
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Postby Penguins » Wed May 20, 2015 9:36 pm

Isn't this greedy ****** gone yet?
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu May 21, 2015 11:28 am

OMG!!   :censored:   :censored:

Interview with Sterlings agent Aidy Ward in the London Evening Standard...

Sterling's agent: "I don’t care about the PR of the club and the club situation. I don’t care."

Sterling's agent: “He is definitely not signing. He’s not signing for £700, £800, £900 thousand a week. He is not signing."

Sterling agent: “My job is to make sure I do the best with my clients. If people say I am bad, or they are badly advised it does not matter”

Sterling agent:“Carra is a knob. Everybody knows it. Any criticism from current pundits or ex-players, none matter to me. It's not relevant”

I have pasted the full article below...

Football's most controversial transfer saga exploded into acrimony today as England star Raheem Sterling’s agent launched an extraordinary attack on Liverpool and the club’s former players.

The Premier League striker’s representative, Aidy Ward, said Londoner Sterling would refuse to sign a new deal even if he was offered nearly £1 million a week and may well return to the capital to play for Chelsea.

20-year-old Sterling, one of English football’s brightest young prospects, has already turned down a £100,000-a-week deal and is set to have a crunch meeting with manager Brendan Rodgers and Liverpool chief executive Ian Ayre tomorrow.

The protracted and bitter negotiations have reignited the debate about the effect of big money deals on young football players and former Liverpool stars and pundits have queued up to attack Sterling and his advisers.

But hitting back today, Ward told the Standard he “didn’t care” about the club or its image, dismissed criticism by former players as “irrelevant” and branded Liverpool legend and Sky Sports pundit Jamie Carragher “a knob”.

He said: “I don’t care about the PR of the club and the club situation. I don’t care.

“He is definitely not signing. He’s not signing for £700, £800, £900 thousand a week. He is not signing.

“My job is to make sure I do the best with them (my clients). If people say I am bad at my job, or they are badly advised it does not matter.”

Sterling’s relationship with the Liverpool has deteriorated since giving an unauthorised interview to the BBC in which he insisted he was not a “money-grabber”.

Many have blamed his agent Aidy Ward for allegedly giving him “terrible advice” over the handling of contract negotiations and for orchestrating the interview as leverage.

Sterling, who was booed as he collected the club’s Young Player of the Year award this week, is rapidly falling out of favour with Liverpool fans, with one apparently kicking his car as he drove away from Liverpool’s training ground yesterday.

Pundits and former players including Graeme Souness and Mark Lawrenson have criticised the striker and Ward, while Jamie Carragher told the England star to “keep your mouth shut” and “get on with playing football”.

The former defender lambasted Sterling for demanding a move away from Liverpool, and said he needed to dump Ward.

But in an extraordinary attack on one of the club’s most respected former players, Ward said: “Carragher is a knob. Everybody knows it. Any of the criticism from current pundits or ex-Liverpool players - none of them things matter to me. It is not relevant.”

He said their criticism would be the same if Sterling stayed and then left in two years’ time when his contract expires, the only difference being the club would receive less money in transfer fees.

And he also appeared to blame the club for making news about the discussions public, saying: “How did this all occur? There is no smoke without fire.”

Ward said Sterling would not move to Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich, and suggested Chelsea or Manchester City were the most likely destinations.

He added: “I am not worried. Worried is making a decision not knowing what is going to happen. Every premier league club will make a bid for him.”

Ward, 34, from Bromley, Kent, was formerly associated with agency Impact Sports Management before setting up his own company.

He is also Saido Berahino’s agent, who himself has been at the centre of public contract negotiations with West Bromwich Albion, while Arsenal star Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is also thought to be set to join his roster of clients.

Sterling has been public in crediting his agent for helping him improve as a footballer, for “getting inside my head” to help him to fulfil his potential.

However Lawrenson lamented the fact Sterling was “so badly advised”.

He said: “There were stories three months ago that he could play for Real Madrid, that he could play for Barcelona…. Absolute tosh, he’s a million miles away from that.”

Ward clearly plans to try to force Liverpool into selling the star, who currently earns £35,000-a-week, despite the manager’s insistence that he is not going anywhere.

The club’s handling of the contract situation has however been criticised, especially as Sterling was not offered an improved deal after they challenged for the title last season.

And his relationship with the club appeared to sour significantly after telling the BBC he was not a “money-grabbing 20-year-old” but wanted to “win trophies”.

Nevertheless, Souness said the striker should stay at the club.

He said: “At the end of the day, he’s maybe being advised by people who have the wrong priorities – right now it’s all about him learning how to play the game, understanding the game and improving.

“Nothing is ever set in stone but he’s privately making it known that he wants to leave Liverpool then that news will get out and the fans will be entitled to turn on him.”
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu May 21, 2015 11:47 am

Being reported in the Liverpool Echo now too, link... http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... rd-9302569

Raheem Sterling agent Aidy Ward says Liverpool FC man "definitely" not signing contract and labels Jamie Carragher a "knob"
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 21, 2015 12:02 pm

Don't think that interview is going to surprise anyone tbh, Everyone knows he wants out. He will imo also do what ever it takes to force the move as his relationship with the club seems to have completely broke down and the fan's are giving him a hard time. I don't think the club care a lot either as long as they get a decent fee for him.

As long as we keep carrying on the way we have been he is not going to be the last  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion