RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Wed May 13, 2015 12:28 pm

kazza » Wed May 13, 2015 11:21 am wrote:Mirror reporting he is selling his Liverpool home

Yes, said he was looking at properties in London

good riddance to the little sh1t
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Wed May 13, 2015 1:24 pm

Selling him is definitely a step in the right direction. A waste of space. All he can do is run fast and drugs.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby leeroy74 » Wed May 13, 2015 2:07 pm

and make kids, he's made a few
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed May 13, 2015 2:23 pm

leeroy74 » Wed May 13, 2015 1:07 pm wrote:and make kids, he's made a few

Hah, too much pace, not enough stamina.
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Wed May 13, 2015 2:52 pm

The lad has one kid   :nod  not that it really matters anyway because he is leaving us and we can spread a load of shyte about him even though a google search will tell you the truth.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed May 13, 2015 3:02 pm

Googles a liar :nod
RedAnt

Postby maguskwt » Wed May 13, 2015 3:23 pm

Read that Arsenal and Chelsea are in for him and ibe. Sell sterling for 30 million, I dont mind. But I'd be ***** off if we sold Ibe...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed May 13, 2015 3:37 pm

I think Sterling leaving is a conclusion...his heart is just not there any more. Blame has to fall on the manager and the suits. These bunch are just not very financial savvy and it resulted in the current situation which are exploited by the greedy players and their agents. How can we trust these morons to lead the club and challenge those clubs bankrolled by dirty oil and Arab monies, never mind the lure of Bayern and the Spanish giants?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed May 13, 2015 3:41 pm

Santa » Wed May 13, 2015 2:37 pm wrote:I think Sterling leaving is a conclusion...his heart is just not there any more. Blame has to fall on the manager and the suits. These bunch are just not very financial savvy and it resulted in the current situation which are exploited by the greedy players and their agents. How can we trust these morons to lead the club and challenge those clubs bankrolled by dirty oil and Arab monies, never mind the lure of Bayern and the Spanish giants?

The manager again?  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed May 13, 2015 4:00 pm

One has to realise that the reason RS is getting **** abuse from all directions is BR.  BR opened his mouth and stuck his orr in to a situation that did not concern him re “offer made to him was fantastic ……” he told the world.

A manager, a good one, protects his players, however, BR decided to go against the Owners decision and went public, this escalated the situation. And,  instead of just directing questions away from the subject matter, like  Maureen did when questioned about Hazard`s contract situation, he’s made it 100 times worse. 
Unfortunately BR has hung RS out to dry and made it very difficult for him to progress further because of the way he’s been treated.

Bottom line is that BR went public with information in an attempt to force him to sign, information that should have remained private.  Now he is getting ****loads of abuse from fans at all grounds he playing at for being greedy ****,  even though money is NOT the main issue. BR has essentially made several comments making out that RS is just being greedy and that the offer made to him is fantastic………… 
This really isn’t the way LFC work (hanging players out to dry), LFC deal with things like this behind closed doors, and if a deal can't be struck, LFC move on, simple as that. In the time he has been here, BR has turned LFC into a soap opera (for want of better words). BR (for the most part), has in all honesty, made himself look like an amateur.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Santa » Wed May 13, 2015 4:29 pm

maguskwt » Wed May 13, 2015 2:41 pm wrote:
Santa » Wed May 13, 2015 2:37 pm wrote:I think Sterling leaving is a conclusion...his heart is just not there any more. Blame has to fall on the manager and the suits. These bunch are just not very financial savvy and it resulted in the current situation which are exploited by the greedy players and their agents. How can we trust these morons to lead the club and challenge those clubs bankrolled by dirty oil and Arab monies, never mind the lure of Bayern and the Spanish giants?

The manager again?  :laugh:

No it must be the fans then...managers are installed to take all the glory and speak with they sparkling white teeth in front of cameras. Everything else is someone else's fault.

If your only job is to take care of affairs on the field, it is called a coach. If you're a manager, this is part of your job scope. Gosh the amount of numpties on the board...was there are mass hypnosis going on that I don't know about?  :laugh:

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu May 14, 2015 9:21 am

you'd rather we get bent over and let players demand high wages? that would also be the managers and suits fault so they cant win?
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Thu May 14, 2015 11:38 am

leeroy74 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:21 am wrote:you'd rather we get bent over and let players demand high wages? that would also be the managers and suits fault so they cant win?

So what's your point here? This is an issue and perennial problem not only affecting this club but all across clubs PL and major leagues. Sign a no-name player and you cry and squeal like a girl, having high-performing players demanding high wages and you called them greedy but in the end it all comes down to how you manage the contract and the negotiation. You see a potentially sticky contract issue ahead then the choice is you either play balls or start planning life without them while maximise their sale-on value. Simple Business-101 or if that's something too deep for you to understand?

Prices for things (incl players wages, TV rights etc) are governed by the law of demand and supply, always has been and always will be. Can't afford the tickets? don't watch the game...same thing for player's wage demand, although greedy players and agents will squeeze every bit of juice out of his employers. I don't condone nor welcome it but it just the harsh reality, but how we let ourself getting into this contract situation with Raheem is the management's fault, no running away, pushing the bucks...plain and simple!

Not able to negotiate or properly tie down playing staff while still under contract is plain incompetence or sheer professional negligence especially on such a high value asset, and that duty to protect the club's interest falls under the jurisdiction of the manager and the suits managing the club.

For me personally, I would rather the club pay more money to buy high quality  players or pay high performers a good contract than keeping those money in the bank ready to be sucked out by the owners.

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu May 14, 2015 11:54 am

I agree with you, Santa, but in your post is a subtle clue as to what's wrong with football today. Maybe players are greedy, but what should we expect when refer to them as "assets"? There are assets and then there's Terry Butcher playing with a bloody bandage around his head. We calculate the price, contract and all, of a player and add it to the clubs overall value. It used to be that the suits deal with business and the manager and players dealt with the team. There's been a lot of leakage from one into the other, lots of cross wiring and now no one has a clue. These days if a player got injured like Butcher did, you'd bring him off to protect the asset, and if you didn't take him off then some health and safety cop would force you too. We can blame the players but I guess it all began when we started seeing them as barcodes rather than people.
RedAnt

Postby devaney » Thu May 14, 2015 12:07 pm

Santa where is the evidence that the owners have sucked out any money? In reality the reverse is actually true. Could the club be sold for a lot more today than when they bought it? I don't think that it could. Is there any evidence to suggest that FSG personal have take unacceptably high incomes/bonuses?

As for Sterling you accuse some of the forum members as being numties and yet you seem to believe everything you read in the papers? You write as if you actually know the clubs version of events with regard to Sterling. Just perhaps Rogers was a tad upset at being let down by a player that he had supported throughout a couple of very questionable (no smoke without fire) court cases. Yes things should be kept in house I totally agree but does the club and Rogers have a different agenda? Maybe, just maybe they would be happy to see Sterling go and cash in on his extremely limited ability. It's not all as black and white as yo seem to think.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext