Munich air crash

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby destro » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:18 pm

Evening all, long time no post.

Chatting to a few United supporting co workers today about the above mentioned event and a couple of the REALLY OLD  one's said that Liverpool provided United with a few players following the crash. I could Google it but can't be bothered  :p . So can anyone OLD enough or with enough time to search confirm or deny this.

Cheers !
destro

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:48 pm

i think we offered them 5 of our players but united got the chequebook out and brought in some big names like albert quixall so they didnt need them.
terrible tragedy that though, duncan edwards was the steven gerrard of the 1950`s (he even looks a bit like him).
R.I.P to all those who lost their lives on this day back in 1958.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Gerrard30391 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:44 am

I believe we "offered" but nobody actually went. It seems to be that they borrowed 3 players from "bishops auckland"!?
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:00 pm

I remember heading something similar.

Awful tragedy which robbed the country of some great footballers.

It's a pity that fans from both sides use events like this and hillsborough to attack one another.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:20 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:00 am wrote:I remember heading something similar.

Awful tragedy which robbed the country of some great footballers.

It's a pity that fans from both sides use events like this and hillsborough to attack one another.

If they didn't, I'm sure there would be a much more respectful rivalry.  I heard some old players in an interview a while back say LFC and MUFC players of old actually used to hope the other would win league if they didn't because they had so much respect for each other.  Not sure how true that is, but there's 0 respect between the clubs now.  Part of the reason I don't mind Everton at all are because of their support for hillsborough, and we keep the rivalry on the pitch where it belongs.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:15 pm

It's a shame.

Both Shanks and Busby respected each other a great deal and would be appalled the way things have gone between the fans.

As you said. Between us and everton it's kept as rivaly, not hatred.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion