Munich Air Disaster and the Busby Babes - Rest In Peace

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Rush Job » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:20 am

peewee wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
peewee wrote:
SR1958 wrote:Only joined to make my one and only post in reply to the person from here who posted this on our ManUtdTalk Forum...

nobybob LFC
One post only guys just to say commiseration's to all at manu and the friends and family of all concerned on this sad anniversary.
My own forum has a thread please feel free to read
http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/...ST;f=1;t=23712

To which i replied...

I hope you call back to see this reply.
Many thanks for coming on at all and respect back to you, i've popped onto a couple of Liverpool forums today and seen the class way they are behaving on this sad day.
Please pass on our thanks to all the posters on your forum.

The colour of our shirts may be different but death travels all boundries.
Manc Red for over 40 years, i watched Hillsborough unfold crying my eyes out, same with the  Bradford fire disaster, same as Brussels. Sights i never hope to see ever again in my lifetime.
April 15th won't ever be forgotten either. Nor will so many other sad dates.

Some football supporters have class, some don't even know the meaning of the word.

Heartfelt thanks for even having a Munich thread on your forum and bigger thanks to all who posted so many nice respectfull posts.

RESPECT guys.
SALFORD RED.

well said mate, i started another thread on here but went missing under the other stuff and this thread got picked up, i point out that all man u fans are not scum and are true football fans.

the rivalry between us will never go away and sadly while there are scum on BOTH sides there will be troubles between us, but while the decent fans can talk then that makes things a little better.

personally I hate your club with a passion mate but I am also old enough to appreciate that there are some good guys there who respect our club (i also respect your style of play sometimes)  :D  but i dread the day you overtake us on title wins

"True football fans".  Im fxckin lost for words here, get a room.

well you are entitled to your opinions mate just as I am entitled to mine

Thats the way it should be peewee, though you wouldnt think it half the time.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:22 am

RIP to the Busby Babes and comiserations those affected by the tragedy. Manchester United as a club though have been a joke IMO over this, using the tragedy as a money making exercise.

- AIG sponsorship on the Munich tribute outside Old Trafford

- free trial day on MUTV for viewing the memorial service, but you need to subscribe to see the rest of "Munich Week".

- Charging the BBC to cover the memorial service.

- Various types of merchandise to mark the event that can be bought by fans.

It's pathetic that the club is trying to make money out of a :censored: tragedy, but what would you expect from a club who removed the words football club from it's logo so it was more marketable?
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:50 am

Rush Job wrote:
peewee wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
peewee wrote:
SR1958 wrote:Only joined to make my one and only post in reply to the person from here who posted this on our ManUtdTalk Forum...

nobybob LFC
One post only guys just to say commiseration's to all at manu and the friends and family of all concerned on this sad anniversary.
My own forum has a thread please feel free to read
http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/...ST;f=1;t=23712

To which i replied...

I hope you call back to see this reply.
Many thanks for coming on at all and respect back to you, i've popped onto a couple of Liverpool forums today and seen the class way they are behaving on this sad day.
Please pass on our thanks to all the posters on your forum.

The colour of our shirts may be different but death travels all boundries.
Manc Red for over 40 years, i watched Hillsborough unfold crying my eyes out, same with the  Bradford fire disaster, same as Brussels. Sights i never hope to see ever again in my lifetime.
April 15th won't ever be forgotten either. Nor will so many other sad dates.

Some football supporters have class, some don't even know the meaning of the word.

Heartfelt thanks for even having a Munich thread on your forum and bigger thanks to all who posted so many nice respectfull posts.

RESPECT guys.
SALFORD RED.

well said mate, i started another thread on here but went missing under the other stuff and this thread got picked up, i point out that all man u fans are not scum and are true football fans.

the rivalry between us will never go away and sadly while there are scum on BOTH sides there will be troubles between us, but while the decent fans can talk then that makes things a little better.

personally I hate your club with a passion mate but I am also old enough to appreciate that there are some good guys there who respect our club (i also respect your style of play sometimes)  :D  but i dread the day you overtake us on title wins

"True football fans".  Im fxckin lost for words here, get a room.

well you are entitled to your opinions mate just as I am entitled to mine

Thats the way it should be peewee, though you wouldnt think it half the time.

some people on here thinks its just their opinion that matters mate, sometimes you have to bite your tongue and not comment just to keep the peace. your opinion is just as valid as others and as long as you have a good reason for your feelings then you should stand by them
112-1077774096

Postby JamCar05 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:43 am

RIP
JamCar05

Postby Dundalk » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:49 am

RIP all those who did in this tradegy in 1958
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:56 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:
but i dread the day you overtake us on title wins

They will. Very soon.

While we'll still have the advantage over them in European Cup wins, if anything, Man Utd passing our title wins record is a good thing. I welcome it, because we've been stagnant for years in terms of the league.

Man Utd getting the record should be a kick up the :censored: for Liverpool. It should inspire the club to think "hey, we really need to get our :censored: together and get serious about winning the league".

BTW- For Chavsea to equal our record, the earliest it could happen would be 2023.

:laugh:

Pls don't say that.....arsenal will win the league this season so our record should be safe for another season.

Once mourinho comes on board....we should be able to get our 19 within 2 seasons....  :buttrock
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:26 pm

RIP to the men that died and commiserations to their families.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:12 pm

Rush Job wrote:To many  of these things imo people's life's are cut short every day, my dad was murdered where was his minute silence? its all ive heared all week and why because its utd, who give's a fxck about our dead oh i forgot they were our fault and all we get is sly digs from left right and centre, eastenders even thought they'd have a go ffs. But everyone at every ground has to pay complete respect to them and theirs or your baned yet as soon as the minutes up they'll  be singing their "songs" about us, makes me sick shouldnt have a thread like this on a lfc site let them honour their dead.

Aint being funny but I remember at OT in the semi v chelsea seeing and hearing all kinds of stuff about Munich.  Graffiti on the walls, stickers on the ceiling and some really foul stuff.  There are Utd fans who will shout vile stuff about our fans and and tragedies but we also have the idiots as well.
puroresu

Postby burjennio » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:37 pm

People booed the George Best minutes silence when we went to City the day after he died in 05, Reds and City fans, its diplorable and deserves a slap. I unashamedly admit I have a tastless sense of humour but there is a time and a place for that kind of thing. RIP The Busby Babes

ps. that AIG logo on the tribute is a joke. Imagine Carsberg trying to get there name etched into the Hillborough Memorial - they'd be dropped like a stone
burjennio

Postby Reg » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:02 pm

Its a question of maturity at the end of the day isnt it?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:13 pm

Man Utd passing our title wins record is a good thing. I welcome it, because we've been stagnant for years in terms of the league.

I can't agree with this mate, will be a very very sad day for me when they overtake our title record. Its not as if we haven't been trying and all of a sudden we are going to realise they have passed us and start trying again .
account deleted by request

Postby lakes10 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:24 pm

I was at the game last night and i am sad to say that some of the stuff that happend during the minute silence was done by 4 liverpool fans, they had had a bit to drink and spent the first 30 mins before the game winding most of the crowd up.
one of them shouted good riddance during the silence  and was taken from the ground.

2 spurs fans almost got taken from the ground for doing the same.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:36 pm

Well i was born a month after the Munich Air Disaster and ive heard tales from me dad of what a good young team they were .RIP Boys
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bammo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:47 pm

With regards to silence versus applause:

What if someone doesn't want to take part in a silence? It's easy to say everyone should, particularly for tragedies like this (and I agree with that) but what about for individuals?

Take George Best for example. Many chose to remember him because he was a football great. Many people, however, felt that as a womanising alcoholic (who continued drinking after receiving a donated organ) he wasn't deserving of their respect. If it's an applause they can not applaud and so not take part. They aren't disrespecting him but they aren't doing something they don't want to.

Now, if it's a silence and they don't want to take part what do they do? If they talk they are condemned for being disrespectful.

An applause allows people to choose whether to pay their respects, a sience doesn't. And just to echo what Manhatten said: people applaud their lives not the actual accident.
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:59 pm

s@int wrote:
Man Utd passing our title wins record is a good thing. I welcome it, because we've been stagnant for years in terms of the league.

I can't agree with this mate, will be a very very sad day for me when they overtake our title record. Its not as if we haven't been trying and all of a sudden we are going to realise they have passed us and start trying again .

Yeah i think not having our hands on the holy grail for so many years is more then enough motivation. I certainly would  be very sick if Man Utd go past us
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion