Munich Air Disaster and the Busby Babes - Rest In Peace

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:14 pm

Bammo wrote:With regards to silence versus applause:

What if someone doesn't want to take part in a silence? It's easy to say everyone should, particularly for tragedies like this (and I agree with that) but what about for individuals?

Take George Best for example. Many chose to remember him because he was a football great. Many people, however, felt that as a womanising alcoholic (who continued drinking after receiving a donated organ) he wasn't deserving of their respect. If it's an applause they can not applaud and so not take part. They aren't disrespecting him but they aren't doing something they don't want to.

Now, if it's a silence and they don't want to take part what do they do? If they talk they are condemned for being disrespectful.

An applause allows people to choose whether to pay their respects, a sience doesn't. And just to echo what Manhatten said: people applaud their lives not the actual accident.

Its 1 minute FFS, people arent being asked to be silent for the game.
Even if the person or people thought it wasnt right to do a minutes silence they should for 1 minute be quiet and allow other people the chance to remember and show there respect.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bammo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:26 pm

but they are being told that if they make a noise they'll be banned from football grounds for life.

I'm not suggesting people aren't allowed to show their respects, my point is that people shouldn't be FORCED to show respects. What if the person being remembered had personally aggrieved you?

Should Lee Hughes be given a minute's silence when he dies? ???
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:34 pm

Bammo wrote:but they are being told that if they make a noise they'll be banned from football grounds for life.

I'm not suggesting people aren't allowed to show their respects, my point is that people shouldn't be FORCED to show respects. What if the person being remembered had personally aggrieved you?

its not lee hughes tho, and anyone who boos during this deserves at least a life ban.

how can this be against anyone?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:38 pm

general chit chat now
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:57 pm

Bammo wrote:but they are being told that if they make a noise they'll be banned from football grounds for life.

If the clubs want to ban fans like that (people who dont respect pre-planned minutes silences) then thats upto them.

I really cant see where your coming from, to stay silent for 1 minute is not too much to ask, its not as if anyone at the ground would have a legitimate reason to not want to respect this.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:17 pm

well that did not happen last night, the Liverpool fan that got taken out of the ground got back in 5 mins after half time.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:01 pm

I'm surprised Kelvin MacKenzie hasn't come out with "THE TRUTH" about Munich.

- Who was tampering with the landing gear?

- What did the flight recorder REALLY reveal?

- Were the players really innocent victims?

...and so forth.

I'm not mocking the disaster, but rather the absurdity of disrespecting tragedy.

If there is a minute's silence, stay quiet for a minute.

Don't be a ghoul. Human lives mean more than club rivalries.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rob Sallnow » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:33 am

This probably old news to most but I read yesterday that both United and City will be wearing 50s style kits with no advertising or logos today....a nice touch I think.

I really hope some City fans don't shame their club and football fans as a whole.
Rob Sallnow

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:23 pm

City wore a toned down version of their kit.

Man Utd wore a simple kit. No names, no badge, no sponsors.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rob Sallnow » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:00 pm

Heard about this on Radio 5 this morning.....Man U fans selling their free scarves on eBay....hardly surprising I suppose, that's what people do these days. I see several sales have been sabotaged although that doesn't explain the one with the £200 price tag before anyone has bid.

Interesting to read some of the comments.... Even included is original Rubber Band used to fasten to seat and SEALED PACKAGING UNOPENED AS RECEIVED AT THE DERBY GAME - UNITED V'S CITY MOST OF THE PACKS WERE OPENED AT THE GAME AS SCARVES WERE HELD ALOFT DURING THE MINUTES SILENCE SO THIS IS TRULY A RARE ITEM That certainly says a lot about the seller...rather than hold up your free scarf in memory of the dead you decided to keep a plastic bag in mint condition to make more money on eBay....thankfully someone has bid a fake £2650 for it.
Rob Sallnow

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion