Mancs, Valencia, Blah, Blah, Blah

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Greavesie » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:48 am

Fauxy wrote:Valencia leg break

it doesnt actually look that bad in that video

the challenge, not the break
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby lakes10 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:13 am

not sure how many of you see this last night but how unlucky was he, At the end of the first half and almost in the same spot Rooney turned his ankle.
both seemed to get stuk in the turf.

are clubs making the ground too soft? We are only a few weeks into the footbal year and already there have been a run of things like this, should the clubs look into the how hard the ground should be?

over the last 10 years it has been stated that club now make the ground 60% softer than it was, add this to the type of studs now being used and the pace of the games its no shock that we see more stuff like this.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:39 am

Valencia's injury wasn't due to soft turf!

His ankle is landed on, by the defender tackling, from behind. Thereby forcing the ankle against the natural movement of the joint. Hence a dislocation/fracture.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:44 am

Two Manc threads merged and renamed...
Last edited by Bad Bob on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby matt_liverpool » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:59 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Don't let it worry you mate - it's a good release from the real world :D

It seems you don't even have a real world as you spend all your 24 hours here.  :D
matt_liverpool

Postby lakes10 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:06 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Valencia's injury wasn't due to soft turf!

His ankle is landed on, by the defender tackling, from behind. Thereby forcing the ankle against the natural movement of the joint. Hence a dislocation/fracture.

did you see the other shot of it, his toe dug into the ground, if the ground had been harder then his foot would have not stuck and not putting his ankle in that position.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:41 am

lakes10 wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:Valencia's injury wasn't due to soft turf!

did you see the other shot of it, his toe dug into the ground, if the ground had been harder then his foot would have not stuck and not putting his ankle in that position.

It did not cause the injury. His momentum was moving forward, how would a trailing toe get stuck to the point of dislocation? Use your noddle son. The injury is impact related only.

I tore all the tendons on the front of my ankle about 7 years ago. Almost identical tackle and impact on my ankle, I fortunately didn't break anything. The recover did take the best part of 6 months though.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:51 pm

Sir Alex Ferguson believes Rafael Benitez - and not the Liverpool owners - is responsible for the club's recent decline.

Liverpool finished seventh last season and many believe they could struggle to get back into the top four this season if they are unable to secure new owners and extra transfer funds.

Benitez repeatedly suggested the problems last season were down to his inability to spend but, ahead of Sunday's North-West derby at Old Trafford, Ferguson has said he believes their current slump is down to the current Inter coach's poor record in the market.

"I don't know if finishing seventh last season after being second behind us the year before had anything to do with the financial position," he said. "In the last regime they spent a lot of money on players - far more than Manchester United.

"They had a huge squad of players so I don't know if that [the financial situation] is anything to do with it."

The duo had a difficult relationship during the Spaniard's six-year reign at Anfield, with Benitez famously attacking Ferguson during a press conference two seasons ago, but the United boss said: "I've never been personal. You have to examine him, not me.

"I've always enjoyed a good relationship with the Liverpool managers and both clubs have always addressed the situation properly after games. That changed under the last regime, but it's not a big issue for me."

Ferguson is on much better terms with the current Liverpool manager, Roy Hodgson.

"I have known him for a long time," Ferguson said. "I first met him in 1987 when I went on an aborted trip to Malmo. It was a European tie against Ajax and they abandoned it after one minute. He was at the game and we went for dinner afterwards.

"Roy has gathered a wealth of experience in Italy, Switzerland and Finland and the job he did at Fulham was absolutely extraordinary."

Hodgson added: "I certainly regard him as a friend. Whether he regards me as a friend you'd have to ask him. I spoke to him in a jocular way, I asked him the question 'Does it mean now I've taken the Liverpool job that we don't speak to each other?' - he didn't put the phone down but he made some cutting remark.

"The friendship hasn't been affected by me becoming Liverpool manager. I'm sure he will offer me a glass of wine when I go to the game on Sunday and I'll offer him one when he comes here, but during the match there is no room for sentiment and I'll be hoping desperately things go our way and he'll be hoping things go his way."

Despite the friendship between the two managers, United star Paul Scholes feels the rivalry remains fierce.

"You can't get away from the fact that both teams don't really like each other," he said. "We are both desperate to win and I don't think that will ever change.

"Liverpool did not have a great season last year but whenever you play them it is still a massive game. The rivalry is huge and it is good to beat them."

-------------

totally agree with SAF. we had a manager who spent so much money on players he rarely used yet has the cheek to beetch and moan about not having enough money.
maypaxvobiscum

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion