Valencia - Signs for man u

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:03 pm

Well what the hell are wingers for if not for goals and assists, they are not defenders!! There job is to set up and score goals or am i missing something??
Last edited by Dundalk on Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:46 pm

Well, whether he's a great little player or Nani Mark II the pressure will surely be on him to produce from the off come August.  With Tevez already out the door, with Benzema off to Madrid and with Ribery likely to follow, the Mancs seem to be struggling to find any traction this close season despite having a huge wedge of cash burning a whole in their pocket.  If Valencia turns out to be their main effort to replace Ronaldo I think they'll have problems.  Let's be honest, no one is going to be quivering in their boots when lined up against this lad in the way they did against Ronaldo and the fella will have a huge weight on his shoulders given the inevitable comparisons that will be made with his predecessor.  He'll have to be a hell of a player not to fold in those circumstances.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:16 am

I think Valencia is a good player, didn't we try for him a season or two back? He's been one of the best right wingers in the Premiership for a while now and will no doubt improve when surrounded by good players.

On the question of Nani, I've always rated him and have said so many times to hoots of derision. I make no apology for saying the same again here, and wouldn't be quite so inclined to write him off totaly just yet.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:51 am

redhayesy wrote:you said it mate, Kuyt! better than valencia in every aspect an i know who'd i rather have play for LFC anyday-dirk wins hands down every time.

Nice to hear from someone who actually frequents Anfield and realizes Kuyts true worth to the team   :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:37 am

bigmick wrote:On the question of Nani, I've always rated him and have said so many times to hoots of derision. I make no apology for saying the same again here, and wouldn't be quite so inclined to write him off totaly just yet.

Yeah, but you just like the look of him because he's exotic and foreign, Mick.  If his name was Robert Earnshaw, you'd be thinking he's sh!te too.  Oh hold up...  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:49 am

Bad Bob wrote:
bigmick wrote:On the question of Nani, I've always rated him and have said so many times to hoots of derision. I make no apology for saying the same again here, and wouldn't be quite so inclined to write him off totaly just yet.

Yeah, but you just like the look of him because he's exotic and foreign, Mick.  If his name was Robert Earnshaw, you'd be thinking he's sh!te too.  Oh hold up...  :D

Touche Roberto  :D  :laugh: I can't deny it's a fair one. In my defence though, someone who sounds like me Mums long departed Mum God rest her soul doesn't invoke feelings which even border on "erotic" in my mind.

On that subject though, if Fergie can go for Owen perhaps he sees Earnshaw as the other half of a vertically challenged but nontheless deadly new strike duo  ???
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:46 am

aCe' wrote:He was playing for Wigan ffs.. and still making headlines... anyways we'll see about him next season i guess.. Manutd and Madrid wanted him so im guessing yea you guys are probably right.. Kuyt and Benayoun are better than him, and so is Milner ! ???

And Toffee, Deco is still one of the best midfielders around and thats why other top clubs are after him... Funny how people are really starting to believe that Kuyt is indeed the best right wing in the league with ronaldo gone... i guess we'll just have to wait and see what he does next season and if the goals/deflections keep coming his way ...

Mate there is a reason why barca let him go to chelsea , if he was still that good he would have been in barca's plans. Most of his goals came from set pieces which he took . I honestly think deco is past it and give me kuyt anyday of the week over valencia . Madrid wanted him , that doesn't automatically make him good , ffs ramos was in charge at that time and he wanted to sign pennant , one whom you so fondly rate   :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:48 am

Decent player with some decent qualities - shines in a small club think he will be ordinary in a bigger club - bit like that other wigan player who left - placios sp?? . Would put him on same level as swp lennon etc for skills - for PRODUCTIVITY he is below Kuyt .

Also think most of the Madrid interest in him was all games as part of the Ronaldo saga .

Valencia and Owen as replacements for Ronaldo and Tevez means they are weakened severly in my eyes .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:32 am

GYBS wrote:Valencia and Owen as replacements for Ronaldo and Tevez means they are weakened severly in my eyes .

Definitely..... :nod
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion