Owen to the mancs?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:28 pm

According to various media sources today, they are saying Fergie will put a 12 million pound bid in for Michael Owen in the summer.

If this is true and he went there to them.

I would hate him as much as I hate that so called club, I would never forgive.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:30 pm

yeah i saw that, if he goes there after sitting getting paid from newcastle the guy is low life, he owes the barcodes a few seasons.

i think its probably just paper talk though
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:40 pm

Would'nt be surprised TBH......Surely he'd be a gamble though for any club given his injury record!
66-1120597113

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:48 pm

When Owen was leaving Real Madrid, he thought about it, trust me.

What's to say he still isn't?  Don't be fooled into thinking he wouldn't play for them, he most certainly would.
jonnymac1979

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:49 pm

If there was any truth in this story and Owen was open to a move away from the toon it would be interesting to see if Rafa may go in for him. In reality I'd expect Owen to turn down any move this summer after being paid ridiculous money by newcastle whilst he's been injured for a year 'cos he owes them.

The one major factor against Rafa possibly showing any interest in Owen is that he may feel he was snubbed by Owen when he took over after going to great trouble to meet with him and Stevie in portugal and him then turning round and fecking off to Madrid.
Last edited by RUSHIE#9 on Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:49 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:When Owen was leaving Real Madrid, he thought about it, trust me.

I know I heard about this, and wasnt it confirmed a while a go only they didnt come in for him, but he was seriously thinking about going to them.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:37 pm

I heard about that week, standing in the bookies and the guys next to me were discussing it..not that I would listen in on peoples conversations  :lookaround
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:41 pm

After the way he engineered his move to Real Madrid - disaster move - serves him right - then chose to go to the (Car)Toons instead of us and missed out n the CL win ha.. he can p.iss off where he wants, we got the best outta him - he won't be all that now.

I'd leave well alone - there's better consistant injury free strikers out there - lets get Villa or Torres
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:28 pm

Micharl Owen was one of my favourite players whilst he was at the club and i was gutted when he left, i didnt hate him for going because most if not all players go when Real come calling.

not sure if it is true but i heard the guy was in tears when he couldnt get a move back to Liverpool, its crazy how things turn out, he moves on thinking he`s going onto better things and it all goes tits up, i feel sorry for the guy and hope for his sake he turns down any move to manure should they come calling.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:35 pm

I dont believe anything until its official

Papers lie to sell
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:37 pm

Go ahead Michael. Join them.

You've already destroyed your career.

May as well alienate LFC fans forever too.

Owen leaving LFC was on par with "It's A Royal Knockout" in terms of bad decisions.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:41 am

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:not sure if it is true but i heard the guy was in tears when he couldnt get a move back to Liverpool,

he was ofered a move back to liverpool, the problem is the barcodes offered more money. all owen had to do was tell madrid that he didnt want to go to the barcodes and that would have meant madrid keeping him or selling him to us for less money.

owen bottled it, he was scared that madrid would keep him and he would miss the world cup, but to be honest even if he wasnt playing reguarly for madrid he would have still gone to the world cup.

you reap what you sow mate, he went madrid for glory and then watched us win the champions league while he warmed the bench in madrid, if he goes the mancs i hope the barcodes then win everything without him    :D

owen was a fantastic player for us, but i never took to him, he was distant, he was never going to be a fowler, but to be fair we have been crying out for someone like owen the past few seasons, but maybe the injuries now will have finished him.

he could go the mancs, i dont think he has any loyalty
112-1077774096

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:00 am

The little tw*t never had any loyalty to us, so I wouldn't be suprised.

He's just a selfish little sh*tbag, IMHO.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:32 am

problem is we shouldn't judge him against other players, fowler for instance. we have been a little spoilt by the love and loyalty shown by a lot of players. To be fair, LFC has mainly signed players that actually want to be here, Rafa deffo seems to be employing that policy.

I don't really blame Owen for leaving, I think the decision was almost irreversible by the time Rafa came in. Maybe he should have binned his plans when the new gaffer came in, but who knows.

The decision to join the barcodes when he left Madrid, was a little odd. But again who knows how committed LFC were to getting his signature.

Really do hope there is nothing in this rumour to MU. It will be a sad day when the entire Anfield crowd boo's Owens appearances. Can you imagine if he returnss to form with MU? i reckon i would be physically ill.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:12 pm

I dont think Owen will go to man u. He wanted to come to us didnt he but rafa wouldnt front the cash. Now the taleovers come through there must be a bit for owen maybe 7 million + cisse

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion