Hodgson - A travesty of the modern game

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:27 pm

It seems you already have the Mancs raising that trophy ,so you run with that outcome, and I will continue to believe .... ???
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby loopyliverpool » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:38 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:It seems you already have the Mancs raising that trophy ,so you run with that outcome, and I will continue to believe .... ???

The likely hood of Man U dropping seven points in the next ten games is miniscule - as much as one would hope for it. Blind Optomism v Realism normally has one victor. I shall be supporting my club all the way mate but facts are facts that's all.
loopyliverpool

Postby tubby » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:41 pm

The FA should do something about that sort of comment. If some team done that in a European comp or at the world club tournament Sepp Blatter would be in fits.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:11 pm

loopyliverpool wrote:
redbeergoggles wrote:It seems you already have the Mancs raising that trophy ,so you run with that outcome, and I will continue to believe .... ???

The likely hood of Man U dropping seven points in the next ten games is miniscule - as much as one would hope for it. Blind Optomism v Realism normally has one victor. I shall be supporting my club all the way mate but facts are facts that's all.

Fair enough fella.
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:21 pm

john giles nailed him on rte on saturday when he said the hodgeson is defeated before they even start against manure.

a pathetic man
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:25 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:I think Roy Hodgson's comments to the media ,this morning are a little disconcerting to say the least .
Hodgson basically informed Liverpool and Chelsea not to expect to much from Fulham when his side plays the Mancs,maybe its just me ,but you would think after two demoralizing defeats ,Hodgson might just try to rally his players.
I find this current trend of Managers throwing in the towel before they meet United really worrying ,I mean what message do you think that gives to the players ,another trait that concerns me is certain managers eulogizing United even before the game ....
Am I missing something here ?    :veryangry

without the context, I can't slag that manager mate.

Why? because it's older as fúck to paint yourself as a lamb and then turn to be a wolf in the moment of truth.

If the game comes and I see a joke of a game, then I'll slag him. In the mean time, question marks.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:47 am

We really should have beaten them last season (or is it 2 seasons ago) to relegate them. I hate teams which just roll over and die against manure. Another team which does that is wigan.....

I think Fergie gives "head" to those idiots....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:59 am

I agree Rock, some teams 'know' they're beat before they step onto the pitch against them, it irritates me to no end.

I dont really know how to take what Hodgson said, at first I thought it had an implication that he was willing to throw the game in favour of them but like Sabre said, it's difficult to crucify him without context.

so I'm just going to wait for them to roll over and die for Man U then I'll give him stick :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Dundalk » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:45 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:50 pm

some of you lot owe him an apology ?!

well done... good man
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:53 pm

aCe' wrote:some of you lot owe him an apology ?!

well done... good man

Is right..

He let on they had no chance and therefore put all the pressure on United, a nice little bit of mind games  :D

Well done Woy
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:00 pm

We have to go there soon as well. Hopefully Danny Murphy isnt playing. :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:29 pm

I've always liked the guy tbh and was a bit surprised at the strength of criticism he has got on here the past few weeks. Has always been a real gent I thought and his record isn't so bad either. I know he had a tough time at Blackburn a few years back but he did a great job with the Swiss national team and had a decent couple of years as Inter-Milan boss as well, winning the Cup Winners Cup (I think). Certainly done us a favour today  :)  :cool:

Might change my opinion in a couple of weeks mind as I've got a ticket for the Cottage when we play there.
Last edited by Scottbot on Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:31 pm

Hes an old school manager. I was really :censored: off with those comments but I guess they were just mind games for Fergie in the end. :cool:

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:17 am

So actions spoke louder than words (all round) didn't they....................... I think a lot of people on here owe Hodgson an apology, he said not to expect too much but delivered anyway.

Let's give a big HAND to Paul Scholes as well for making it all possible by being an idiot, 11 v 11 you'd back the mancs to come back from 0-1, but 10 v 11 was too much for so long and proved Dixon's "winning mentality" to be a joke - what side with a "winning mentality" is so unsure of coming back from 0-1 down that they have to stop the ball crossing the line illegally? Last 15-20 mins perhaps, but first 15-20 mins? ???
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion