Cristiano Ronaldo - Off to Real Madrid?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 23, 2008 4:30 pm

The cheek of the gin soaked kunt, pot calling kettle :glare:

Fergie slams 'immoral' Madrid by RivalsDM

Updated: May 23, 2008, 9:56 AM EST Comment add this RSS blog email print Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has accused Real Madrid of lacking morals over their pursuit of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Barely had the champagne been uncorked after United's momentous Champions League final triumph over Chelsea than Ronaldo's Old Trafford future was thrown into question.
The 23-year-old has hardly helped with a series of ambigious statements, which seemed to be aimed at increasing his salary despite only agreeing a new five-year contract last summer.

Real have wasted little time in making their interest known in a player coach Bernd Schuster would love to have at the Bernabeu.

Both Schuster and club president Ramon Calderon have expressed their admiration for the Portugal winger, which has only served to increase Ferguson's annoyance.

"They think they can ride roughshod over everyone but they won't do it with us," declared the Scot.

"Real Madrid have no moral issues at all.

"In terms of great clubs, Barcelona have far better morality than Real Madrid will ever have.

"Do you not think we have had many expressions of interest about our players from big clubs in Europe?

"Real Madrid are not the only club interested in Ronaldo. But the others are not saying so. They don't get into this nonsense."

Ferguson has found particularly ironic a statement from Calderon effectively alleging Ronaldo is remaining at United against his will.

Given General Franco's 40-year dictatorship was often to the benefit of Real in their battles with Catalan giants Barcelona, it is a comment the Manchester United manager is happy to submerge in sarcasm.

"I read on Teletext last night; Calderon is talking, Schuster is talking," he said.

"Calderon makes that great statement 'Slavery was abolished many years ago'. Did they tell Franco that? Give me a break.

"The simple fact is Cristiano has another four years left on his contract."

However, it does not appear the Spanish giants will abandon their attempt to lure Ronaldo to La Liga.

After all, David Beckham, Ruud van Nistelrooy and Ronaldo's good friend Gabriel Heinze have all joined Real from United in recent years.

In Heinze's case it was a deal that suited United totally given the player's oft-stated desire to join Liverpool.

Beckham and van Nistelrooy were apparently in their prime when they left Old Trafford though, a fact not lost on observers who feel Madeira-born Ronaldo will eventually find the lure of Spain too great to resist.

Yet Ferguson is happy to point out both Beckham and Van Nistelrooy had reached the end of their usefulness for the Red Devils, who do not let players go who they want to keep.

"It doesn't matter which player it is, the ones you want to keep you have to work hard for," he said.

"In the modern day that is a fact. It is not lost on Manchester United but it is not lost on Real Madrid either.

"Yes, we sold them van Nistelrooy and Beckham but we did that because we wanted to."

With Ronaldo now due to join up with Portugal ahead of their Euro 2008 campaign and therefore not expected back at United's Carrington training complex until the end of July, his future will be the subject of endless discussion over the coming weeks.

However, neither Ferguson nor chief executive David Gill has been anything other than steadfast in their conviction Ronaldo will start the 2008-09 campaign at Old Trafford.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri May 23, 2008 4:31 pm

the hypocrite sir whiskeynose :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri May 23, 2008 4:35 pm

I feel dirty. I have always hated Madrid's ways in signing ups, and as far as I can see, they're deploying all their media tricks, just like they did with Zidane, Beckham, and FIgo. I feel dirty because, hey, I hate them, but I can't help laughing in this case. Ronaldo is indeed a player I'd like to insult personally next year.

More over, they don't care what Fergie might say. They'll simply dissmiss any words coming from Manchester with their usual arrogance. Do not underrate Real Madrid's arrogance, they see Manchester as a small club, and any player is wishing to play for them, that's how they think.

No matter what happens, it will be fun:

If he stays in Manchester, I'll see Madrid bitterness.

If he goes from Manchester, our archrival lose their reference, and is a blow for their pride.

I don't know what will happen, I know though that they've deployed all their machinery to sign up Ronaldo, and that they have 90 million Euros to Splash.

'Slavery was abolished many years ago'. Did they tell Franco that? Give me a break.

:D I have to say, fair enough, because most of this moguls that Have lots of money did have a good relationship with the old regime.

Them talking about slavery abolished is a bit melodramatic  :D
Last edited by Sabre on Fri May 23, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 23, 2008 4:39 pm

If he goes knowing the mancs they will just sign, Messi, Eto, and Villa :glare:

But then again maybe the mortgage needs paying and Glazer will want the huge transfer money to fill his own coffers with.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri May 23, 2008 4:56 pm

LOL, Ferguson's rant has been acknowledged in MARCA

"Real Madrid uses MARCA in order to unsettle" :D

They of course don't care about it much and say they see Ferguson "nervous". This will be fun :laugh:

http://www.marca.com/
Last edited by Sabre on Fri May 23, 2008 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 23, 2008 6:47 pm

That whiskey-nosed c*nt should just f*cking kill himself and do the World a favour.

Arrogant, hypocritical jock sh*tball that he is.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri May 23, 2008 7:02 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:That whiskey-nosed c*nt should just f*cking kill himself and do the World a favour.

Arrogant, hypocritical jock sh*tball that he is.

Here here.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri May 23, 2008 7:19 pm

He should go to Madrid.

He's already won everything at Manure
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 23, 2008 7:21 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:He should go to Madrid.

He's already won everything at Manure

Including the Gold medal for diving...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri May 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Chelsea have apparently just put in a 28 million pound offer for Robiniho
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri May 23, 2008 7:56 pm

Image ?
LFC2007

Postby Dundalk » Fri May 23, 2008 8:01 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 23, 2008 8:14 pm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/chelsea/article3994736.ece

The agent of Robinho, the Real Madrid forward, claims Chelsea are prepared to offer around £28 million to take the Brazil star to Stamford Bridge.

Wagner Ribeiro told Brazilian TV station Globo he held a meeting with Peter Kenyon, the Chelsea managing director, during which a fee for the player was discussed.

“I met Peter Kenyon, Chelsea managing director, in London on Thursday,” Ribeiro said. “He told me that they (Chelsea) were considering making an offer of 35 million euros for Robinho."

It had previously been rumoured in the Spanish press that Robinho would be used by the Spanish champions in a cash-plus-player deal to try and bring Manchester United’s Cristiano Ronaldo to the Santiago Bernabeu.

S if he goes to Chelsea that is 44 million spent on him and Bosingwa, whilst we bring Degen in on a free :down:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat May 24, 2008 7:52 am

Gin soaked b@stard has said: Ferguson said: “I did my job of getting rid of Liverpool many years ago from that top position. I did that job.

“I don’t concern myself with overtaking Liverpool because this team will do it. They will win more titles. But the European thing is part of my motivation.”

From the Times
Sir Alex Ferguson on attack as Ronaldo row turns nasty

James Ducker
Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager, has launched a scathing attack on Real Madrid, accusing the Spanish club of having no morals over their relentless pursuit of Cristiano Ronaldo and reiterating that the Portugal forward will not be sold at any cost.

Despite winning the Barclays Premier League and European Cup this season, Ronaldo has fuelled speculation about his future by refusing to make any promises that he will stay at Old Trafford and repeating that a decision will be made on that front within the next fortnight.

There are concerns that Ronaldo might push for a move to Spain unless United agree to make him the best-paid player in the world, leading to claims by Ramón Calderón, the Real president, that any attempts by the English and European champions to keep the 23-year-old against his wishes would be tantamount to “slavery”.

Ferguson has been deeply unimpressed by their behaviour. “Real have no moral issues at all,” he said. “They think that they can ride roughshod over everyone and they won’t do it with us. In terms of great clubs, Barcelona have far better moral issues than Real Madrid will ever have. They [Barcelona] know that Real Madrid are not the only club who would be interested in Ronaldo, but they are not saying so.

“Do you not think we have had much interest from the big clubs in Europe about our best players? Of course, but they don’t get into the nonsense that they [Real] get into.”

Newspaper reports in Spain yesterday claimed that Real are willing to include Robinho, the Brazil forward, in a £64 million deal to secure Ronaldo. With Bernd Schuster, the Real coach, also wading into the debate this week by claiming that Ronaldo will move to the Bernabéu “sooner or later”, Ferguson finally lost patience on the matter yesterday.

As well as accusing Real of lacking the class of Barcelona, their great rivals in Spain, the United manager dismissed Calderón’s reference to the prospect of United holding Ronaldo against his will with a witty, if undiplomatic, reference to the repression of General Franco’s 40-year dictatorship of Spain.

Ferguson has been the subject of “tapping-up” accusations in the past. Jaap Stam, the former United defender, claimed that such a thing happened in 1998 when he was at PSV Eindhoven, but Ferguson clearly believes that he holds the moral high ground in the case of Ronaldo.

“I read on Teletext Calderón’s talking, Schuster’s talking,” Ferguson said. “The simple fact of the matter is he [Ronaldo] has got another four years left on his contract and yet Calderón makes that great statement, ‘Slavery was abolished many, many years ago.’ Did they tell Franco that? Jesus Christ. Give me a break.”

Ferguson put Ronaldo’s ambiguous comments about his future down to youth, but the United manager did concede that the Portuguese could have a decision to make in a few years’ time. But he believes that the best way to convince Ronaldo to remain at Old Trafford will be to keep succeeding domestically and in Europe.

“He’s 23 years of age and I think that when he gets to 25, 26, he will have a big decision to make,” Ferguson said. “That will be the biggest task [trying to keep him] when he gets to that age. How big we are then, in terms of European Cup wins, will resonate with him and be very important to this club. That’s why I make the point of winning European trophies – we’ve got to do better at that.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol....892.ece

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sat May 24, 2008 8:12 am

Ciggy the blokes a f@ckin plank dont listen to his :censored: and that's why i hate those Manc w@nkbandits.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion