Cristiano Ronaldo - Off to Real Madrid?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:09 am

andy_g wrote:the best outcome for us is that the mancs refuse to sell and he stays put, preferably as an outcast. that's not going to happen though, ferguson isn't stupid enough to leave such an important player on the bench, in the reserves or in the stands and he's not going to let an unfocused and unmotivated player on to the pitch.

he's as good as gone. despite furguson's protests and threats he has no trouble offloading star players who have stopped towing the line, just look at his history with beckham, stam and van nistelrooy. he'll sell ronaldo after the euros and will demand a staggering fee. madrid have put themselves in the position where they'll have to pay the fee to avoid losing face and backing down (though obviously the more they pay the more stupid they'll actually look). what we'll have then is the mancs with an enormous amount of money to spend and the whole transfer scene fucked up beyond belief as every half decent player gets an extra 10 million slapped on his price tag. platini is going to have a heart attack - which is probably the only good thing that will come out of the whole farce.

ask yourselves what you would prefer. the mancs with ronaldo or the mancs without ronaldo and an extra 60 or 70 million quid to spend on players next season. i bet they are already secretly salivating over their shopping list and the phone to various agents and representatives is smoking hot.

its all a load of b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e and ronaldo is a complete and utter wanker

The likliest prospect will be the Mancs having an even bigger pot of cash to spend when the little c.unt goes but another possible scenario that ANDY_G didn't mention is the Glazers are possibly doing a HICKS trying to gain brownie points with the fans saying they'll let him rot in the reserves, but I wouldn't be surprised if the little leprechaun ain't quietly craeming himself at the prospect of having a nice big fat £50-60 million quid coming in to service that mahoosive debt he's built up!!!

I think if that was the case then the rest of the Premier league would be the ones creaming themselves!!  :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:11 am

best news ive read in ages! :D
now lets hope fifa discover tevez has been playing on a fake work permit and nani and anderson are not as young as they claim to be.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Number 9 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:44 am

I dont care whether he stays or goes!
To me the "World Class" tag he gets is yet to be earned.And he aint to much of a threat to us anyway,we can mostly contain him when he plays against us.Its their more physical players that seem to give us problems on the day!
I suppose it would be good to hear Fergie moaning and that but in footballing terms if he does go and UTD have money to spend on 3or4 world class players they would be a better team for it!That would be bad news for us,if they raise the bar yet again we will be playing catch up for some time to come.

Sometimes its better the devil you know!
Anyway Fuc'k Ronaldo and UTD,they can do what they want,im more concerned with what we bring to Anfield over the summer!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:24 am

who cares about rent boy ronaldo
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:59 am

andy_g wrote:the best outcome for us is that the mancs refuse to sell and he stays put, preferably as an outcast. that's not going to happen though, ferguson isn't stupid enough to leave such an important player on the bench, in the reserves or in the stands and he's not going to let an unfocused and unmotivated player on to the pitch.

he's as good as gone. despite furguson's protests and threats he has no trouble offloading star players who have stopped towing the line, just look at his history with beckham, stam and van nistelrooy. he'll sell ronaldo after the euros and will demand a staggering fee. madrid have put themselves in the position where they'll have to pay the fee to avoid losing face and backing down (though obviously the more they pay the more stupid they'll actually look). what we'll have then is the mancs with an enormous amount of money to spend and the whole transfer scene fucked up beyond belief as every half decent player gets an extra 10 million slapped on his price tag. platini is going to have a heart attack - which is probably the only good thing that will come out of the whole farce.

ask yourselves what you would prefer. the mancs with ronaldo or the mancs without ronaldo and an extra 60 or 70 million quid to spend on players next season. i bet they are already secretly salivating over their shopping list and the phone to various agents and representatives is smoking hot.

its all a load of b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e and ronaldo is a complete and utter wanker

Some good points, mate.  The Mancs with a big wedge of cash is going to have a big ripple effect on the transfer market.  Will we be able to compete for someone like Villa if they come in for him?

But, on the other hand, losing Ronaldo will be a massive blow to them.  There's no denying he was immense for them this year--how many times did you check the scores and see the Mancs with a 1-0 or 2-0 win over mid-table clubs, with Ronaldo grabbing all the goals?  Who is going to put the ball in the net for them now?  And what system will they play, because I doubt anyone else is suited to the free role they've given Ronaldo?  Much like I said in the Torres debate a few weeks back, players like this are very hard to replace, no matter how much money comes the other way.  I think, if given the choice, United would prefer the certainty of Ronaldo driving them forward then the unknown quantity of having bags of money but the need to replace all of his goals.  That's why, on the whole, his departure benefits us, IMO.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy_g » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:27 pm

fair enough, bob. ronaldo has bailed them out this season because they have lacked a truly effective striker - something which a fat wadge of cash is going to solve a couple of times over. as you say, any striker they fancy is more or less going to be theirs because they'll be able to outbid anyone in the prem except for maybe chelsea. i envisage a couple of spectacular but ultimately soul destroying transfer auctions over the next couple of months.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:57 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:

The likliest prospect will be the Mancs having an even bigger pot of cash to spend when the little c.unt goes but another possible scenario that ANDY_G didn't mention is the Glazers are possibly doing a HICKS trying to gain brownie points with the fans saying they'll let him rot in the reserves, but I wouldn't be surprised if the little leprechaun ain't quietly craeming himself at the prospect of having a nice big fat £50-60 million quid coming in to service that mahoosive debt he's built up!!!

I think if that was the case then the rest of the Premier league would be the ones creaming themselves!!  :D

convenido
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:12 pm

He's agreed a five year deal according to Marca

£150 000 per week

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:12 pm

andy_g wrote:fair enough, bob. ronaldo has bailed them out this season because they have lacked a truly effective striker - something which a fat wadge of cash is going to solve a couple of times over. as you say, any striker they fancy is more or less going to be theirs because they'll be able to outbid anyone in the prem except for maybe chelsea. i envisage a couple of spectacular but ultimately soul destroying transfer auctions over the next couple of months.

No question, mate.  They'll be after at least two from Berbatov, Santa Cruz, Benzima, Eto'o or Villa, I suspect and will probably do quite well for themselves up top, I'm sure.  My hope is that, whoever they buy, they'll still lack that spark that Ronaldo provides (we all hate him but you know it's true) and lose some of their swagger in the process.  Will the likes of Bolton or Newcastle be as sh!t scared of them with Ronaldo gone?  I hope not and maybe we'll see the Mancs face some sterner tests next season.  I'm under no illusions, though.  They'll buy and probably buy very well and they already have enough quality to be there or thereabouts next season.  Many thought they'd falter after RVN left.  Sadly, they didn't.  But, I'll enjoy this little saga as it plays out, safe in the knowledge that Ferguson's grid is probably a nice shade of eggplant purple these days.  He must be absolutely apoplectic! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:24 pm

bascically, this deal just confirms that footballers may as well not have contracts anymore.

not that i'm complaining like. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:07 pm

Now Mark Lawrenson will be able to see how Man U cope without Ronaldo.

Since he and other "pundits" always love to ask how Liverpool will cope without Gerrard and Torres.

Last edited by The Manhattan Project on Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:45 pm

He's a smarmy faced sh.ite and I'll be glad to see the back of him when he leaves the Premiership.  Probably the most arrogant player the Premiership has seen and he believes every last bit of his own hype.

His career will go down the tubes I predict.  Instead of try to keep him on his toes like Fergie does for him at United, he will be pampered at Madrid, especially with that size of investment in him.  He will be more important than any manager they have and the rest of the team, therefore he will cause a lot of problems in their dressing room.  His fitness levels will drop (as all players' seem to do when they sign for Madrid) and he will lose his cutting edge.

Hate to admit it, but leaving United will be bad for the wee :censored:'s career even if it is good for his ego and his wallet.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:35 am

Judge wrote:who cares about rent boy ronaldo

Exactly Judgey boy.  :nod
66-1112520797

Postby metalhead » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:00 pm

john craig wrote:He's a smarmy faced sh.ite and I'll be glad to see the back of him when he leaves the Premiership.  Probably the most arrogant player the Premiership has seen and he believes every last bit of his own hype.

His career will go down the tubes I predict.  Instead of try to keep him on his toes like Fergie does for him at United, he will be pampered at Madrid, especially with that size of investment in him.  He will be more important than any manager they have and the rest of the team, therefore he will cause a lot of problems in their dressing room.  His fitness levels will drop (as all players' seem to do when they sign for Madrid) and he will lose his cutting edge.

Hate to admit it, but leaving United will be bad for the wee :censored:'s career even if it is good for his ego and his wallet.

Well said mate!!

I even talked to some mancs fans they told me if he does leave then he misses his chance to be a manc legend.

the mancs are being p!ssed(angry) at the moment I love it :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:31 pm

I think Fergie will still find a way to keep him even if it means letting him rot on the bench. He only singed a new contract last year so its not like he has to sell for fear of him walking free next season.

Personally im not surprised he came out with those comments but he has been really childish about it. First on the eve of the biggest match of the season for them he says its still his dream to play in Spain. Then he said he wants to play for Madrid and no hes not talking about it to anyone.

Its about time the clubs got some protection from things like this happening. We should inroduce a minimum buy out clause or something. Anything that keeps players in their contracts at least until the last year. Its a joke now.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion