Cristiano Ronaldo - Off to Real Madrid?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Sat May 24, 2008 10:33 am

This is Balague's view of the incident in the Spanish press (translated  roughly by me)

"Sir Alex Ferguson says Madrid has no moral issues. The Scott doesn't talk to the BBC because in a documentary they suggested that his son, a football agent, was helped by his dad by forcing players to sign with him if they wanted to stay at Manchester. Nobody has proven anything, but Ferguson was angry.

A ref wrote in his biography that he was afraid of the Scottish. Ferguson has created such a terror state in the English League, that even the refs are afraid of him. Since he doesn't control the european scene the same way, he's píssed off by the fact that in Spain things work differently."

He's píssed off, for instance, when Spanish press doesn't laugh his jokes and  when the Spanish journos do not make harmless questions, he doesn't like pointy questions. He calls us "idiots" because we ask about Ronaldo in a press conference. I have even seen an english journo that after just a glance of Ferguson changed the orientation of his question to convert it in a declaration of love to the Scottish manager. And it's also commented when Ferguson replied to a critic journo that he knew which Gay pubs he visited at nights.

All this said, Ferguson is right about a thing when it comes to Madrid's Ronaldo pursue. In England, when a club wants a footballer, they talk the club first. If the club doesn't want to sell,
the club quits the bid. But that's the way it used to be before.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat May 24, 2008 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza 1 » Sat May 24, 2008 11:11 am

QUEIROZ KEY TO RONALDO - FERGUSON
Posted 24/05/08 06:54

Sir Alex Ferguson feels trusted assistant Carlos Queiroz can be a major ally in keeping Cristiano Ronaldo at Manchester United.

Once again Real Madrid have emerged as potential buyers for the 23-year-old, even though United have no intention of selling.

Ferguson has been irked by Real's attitude, particularly that of club president Ramon Calderon, who has effectively been alleging Ronaldo is remaining at United against his will.

The Scot suggested Calderon should read his history of Spanish dictator General Franco before making rash statements about slavery.

But Queiroz, who spent an unhappy year at Real after quitting his post at United in 2003, can provide first-hand experience of what life at the Bernabeu is really like.

"Carlos has the experience of being at Real Madrid," said Ferguson.

"That is helping us now with all the nonsense we have to talk about. Carlos' experience means he can advise Cristiano quite well about that kind of club. That is a plus point for us."

While overtures towards Ronaldo continue - hardly helped by the player's ambiguous statements about his future - to be made in Madrid, Ferguson is convinced the Portugal star will remain at United this summer.

However, as he basks in the glow of his side's memorable Champions League Final win over Chelsea on Wednesday, the Scot admits a major test will come when Ronaldo considers his future in a couple of years' time.

"Cristiano is 23 now," he reflected.

"When he gets to 25 or 26 he will have a big decision to make. That will be our biggest task.

"How big we are then in terms of European trophies will be very important to this club."

Ferguson has repeatedly stressed the importance of joining European football's major trophy winners, with United making a start thanks to their third European Cup triumph this week.

Yet they still lag behind Ajax and Bayern Munich, who have four each, plus Liverpool with five and AC Milan and Real Madrid, who have seven and nine respectively.

Ferguson is confident the gap will narrow still further over the next couple of years, when he still hopes to be pouring scorn on the men from the Bernabeu, with Calderon a particular target.

In a comment laced with sarcasm, he pointed out General Franco's 40-year dictatorship was often beneficial to Real in their battles with Catalan giants Barcelona.

"Calderon makes that great statement 'Slavery was abolished many years ago'. Did they tell Franco that? Give me a break," said Ferguson.

"In terms of great clubs, Barcelona have far better moralality than Real Madrid will ever have.

"Real Madrid are not the only club interested in Ronaldo but the others are not saying so.

"They seem to think they can ride roughshod over everyone but they won't do it with us."

From Football365.com
Gone but never forgotten
JUSTICE FOR BABY P REST IN PEACE BABY BOY X
kazza 1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat May 24, 2008 12:49 pm

Ciggy wrote:Gin soaked b@stard has said: Ferguson said: “I did my job of getting rid of Liverpool many years ago from that top position. I did that job.

“I don’t concern myself with overtaking Liverpool because this team will do it. They will win more titles. But the European thing is part of my motivation.”

Mwanck Utd t*ss pot.

Now then, if those comments are not enough motivation for us to do better,  I don't know what is.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby hello_red » Sat May 24, 2008 5:04 pm

The obsession in this thread is a joke.

:help
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Sat May 24, 2008 5:56 pm

If Chelsea are indeed seeking to invest in Robinho then Liverpool should reel in Aguero ,I was under the distinct impression that Aguero was a given for Chelsea, but apparently not,Liverpool need to act now Torres with Aguero could be our dream combination to finally rival the sinisters at the top .
Last edited by redbeergoggles on Sat May 24, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat May 24, 2008 6:41 pm

hello_red wrote:The obsession in this thread is a joke.

Obsession ??? Its about Ronaldo going to madrid.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Italian boy » Sat May 24, 2008 7:35 pm

I repute ronaldo a true champion, but if it will keep on making certain boasts he won't remain the champion that is now. Of certain it won't be a flag of anybody team
Italian boy

Postby hello_red » Sun May 25, 2008 5:33 pm

Ciggy wrote:

Well if you put it like that.

I reckon he will go to be honest.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun May 25, 2008 6:04 pm

hello_red wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Well if you put it like that.

I reckon he will go to be honest.

Not so sure.  Ginhead's quite adamant that he'll keep Ronaldo at Mwanck Utd.

By the way, the only reason Fergie is staying on for another 3 seasons (as stated in various newspapers today) is because he wants to try and overtake Liverpool FC in the amount of titles and European Cups/CL etc won.  We'll just have to stop him from doing this.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Ciggy » Tue May 27, 2008 8:21 am

Feckinell Madrid have bid 150 million pound for Ronaldo :oops:  :suspect:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 27, 2008 8:25 am

R.Madrid always do that. They start off with rumours of incredible fees, and once the other club shows signs of interest and the player becomes unsettled, they make an actual offer of three bags of crisps and a curly wurly
account deleted by request

Postby Judge » Tue May 27, 2008 11:11 am

Ciggy wrote:Feckinell Madrid have bid 150 million pound for Ronaldo :oops:  :suspect:

i wonder if the spanish taxpayers will be happy
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed May 28, 2008 6:26 am

feck of fergie
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed May 28, 2008 4:19 pm

Classic! :D

QUEIROZ HITS OUT IN RONALDO ROW
Posted 28/05/08 15:07
EmailPrintSave

Manchester United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz has launched an extraordinary attack on the Spanish nation and Real Madrid in particular over what he believes are attempts to "naturalise" Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Portuguese coach draws a bizarre comparison between the player and Christopher Columbus.

Real Madrid have made no secret of their desire to recruit Ronaldo, prompting United to consider reporting them to FIFA.

But Queiroz feels Madrid's outspoken courting of his Portuguese compatriot is about more than their wish to snap up the gifted winger, claiming it is part of the long history and rivalry between Portugal and Spain.

"Cristiano Ronaldo will never be Spanish! As they will never take Olivenca again," he told Portuguese newspaper Jornal do Noticias, referring to the small town on the disputed border between the two countries.

Queiroz also delved further into the historic rivalry, alluding to explorer Christopher Columbus - who both countries claim as theirs - and the 60-year Philippine Dynasty when Portugal was ruled by three Spanish kings until the bloodless revolution of 1640.

"They already did the same with Christopher Columbus, and it now seems they want to naturalise Cristiano Ronaldo," added the United number two.

"Have they already forgotten what we did to them in the past? We will never lose our patience."

With Portugal preparing for Euro 2008, Queiroz knows the furore surrounding Ronaldo's future could not have come at a worse time.

"It's being done in a manner to distract the Portugal team, at the height of their preparations for the European Championships," he said.

"But I am convinced that despite pressure from the Spanish sporting press he will not accept to change his nationality.

"However, it is an attack with a well-defined strategy and Portugal should be worried about that."

LINK TO 365 ARTICLE
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed May 28, 2008 4:37 pm

Well, the fact that Ronaldo hasn't said anything about the matter (basically to quosh the speculation) speaks volumes IMO.

By the way, I was listening to Talksport a little while ago, one of their journalists mentioned that if a deal is sorted, it could include Robinho and Sergio Ramos coming to Mwanck Utd  :(

F**k, I don't want that to happen.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion