Cristiano Ronaldo - Off to Real Madrid?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Wed May 28, 2008 4:41 pm

"Cristiano Ronaldo will never be Spanish! As they will never take Olivenca again,"

:D I cannot fúcking believe  some portuguese  STILL have some chip on the shoulder because a couple of borderline villages. FWIW, I'd say that overall, there's a mutual respect and friendship between the two nations.  :)

"They already did the same with Christopher Columbus, and it now seems they want to naturalise Cristiano Ronaldo,"

First off, I don't want him to be Spanish. Nobody does.

Well there's that controversy whether Columbus was actually from Napoli, but at that time, Napoli was Spain.

There's no doubt though it was genuinelly the Spanish who financed the trip to the "indias", and it was our genuine luck and mistake that we ended up in America. :D Only a Spanish can be so inefficient to the point to be a genius.

"Have they already forgotten what we did to them in the past? We will never lose our patience."

Amazing. I think I'll ask asylum in Scouseland. I'm frightened now

"But I am convinced that despite pressure from the Spanish sporting press he will not accept to change his nationality.

But who wants Ronaldo to be Spanish?
:laugh:

It seems Queiroz didn't get over his failure in my country.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed May 28, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed May 28, 2008 4:43 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Classic! :D

QUEIROZ HITS OUT IN RONALDO ROW
Posted 28/05/08 15:07
EmailPrintSave

Manchester United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz has launched an extraordinary attack on the Spanish nation and Real Madrid in particular over what he believes are attempts to "naturalise" Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Portuguese coach draws a bizarre comparison between the player and Christopher Columbus.

Real Madrid have made no secret of their desire to recruit Ronaldo, prompting United to consider reporting them to FIFA.

But Queiroz feels Madrid's outspoken courting of his Portuguese compatriot is about more than their wish to snap up the gifted winger, claiming it is part of the long history and rivalry between Portugal and Spain.

"Cristiano Ronaldo will never be Spanish! As they will never take Olivenca again," he told Portuguese newspaper Jornal do Noticias, referring to the small town on the disputed border between the two countries.

Queiroz also delved further into the historic rivalry, alluding to explorer Christopher Columbus - who both countries claim as theirs - and the 60-year Philippine Dynasty when Portugal was ruled by three Spanish kings until the bloodless revolution of 1640.

"They already did the same with Christopher Columbus, and it now seems they want to naturalise Cristiano Ronaldo," added the United number two.

"Have they already forgotten what we did to them in the past? We will never lose our patience."

With Portugal preparing for Euro 2008, Queiroz knows the furore surrounding Ronaldo's future could not have come at a worse time.

"It's being done in a manner to distract the Portugal team, at the height of their preparations for the European Championships," he said.

"But I am convinced that despite pressure from the Spanish sporting press he will not accept to change his nationality.

"However, it is an attack with a well-defined strategy and Portugal should be worried about that."

LINK TO 365 ARTICLE

Cant wait for Manhatten take on this :D

Queiroz is talkin out of his @rse Portugal gave Spain the most points in saturdays Eurovision Contest :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed May 28, 2008 4:54 pm

That's two absolutely bonkers rants from Queiroz in as many months (check out his remarks about the Carrick handball v. Chelsea at Stamford Bridge).  Yet another reason why we all want to see Fergie step down soon...imagine the bollox this fella will chat at weekly press conferences? :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Wed May 28, 2008 4:55 pm

Sabre wrote:
"Cristiano Ronaldo will never be Spanish! As they will never take Olivenca again,"

:D I cannot fúcking believe  some portuguese  STILL have some chip on the shoulder because a couple of borderline villages. FWIW, I'd say that overall, there's a mutual respect and friendship between the two nations.  :)

"They already did the same with Christopher Columbus, and it now seems they want to naturalise Cristiano Ronaldo,"

First off, I don't want him to be Spanish. Nobody does.

Well there's that controversy whether Columbus was actually from Napoli, but at that time, Napoli was Spain.

There's no doubt though it was genuinelly the Spanish who financed the trip to the "indias", and it was our genuine luck and mistake that we ended up in America. :D Only a Spanish can be so inefficient to the point to be a genius.

Amazing. I think I'll ask asylum in Scouseland. I'm frightened now

But who wants Ronaldo to be Spanish?
:laugh:

It seems Queiroz didn't get over his failure in my country.

Iberians.  :laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby matrix » Wed May 28, 2008 5:50 pm

i would love real madrid to sign ronaldo...

it would completely take away manure's   machine...

imagine our chances of winning the title next season  with ronaldo at real...    ???     :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat May 31, 2008 10:26 am

Godfather says Ronaldo has a Madrid offer he cannot refuse

Cristiano Ronaldo's godfather, Fernao Sousa, has claimed that the Manchester United winger has already decided to move to Real Madrid. Sousa, who took Ronaldo to Sporting Lisbon as an 11-year-old and later advised him to move to Manchester, is sure that "Cristiano should take this opportunity to go to Real Madrid".

The Portuguese player's godfather told the Spanish newspaper Marca: "I believe that he has decided he is going to Real Madrid but he is not going to say so until after the European Championship."

Sousa is not the only member of Ronaldo's family backing a move to the Bernabéu. His mother, Dolores Aveiro, has made no secret of her wish for the 23-year-old to play for the Spanish champions. "Madrid is my team, the best team in the world, and I'd like him to go there," she told the Spanish newspaper As. "I love Madrid and I would go and live with him."

However, Real Madrid's president, Ramón Calderón, sounded a more downbeat note. "Manchester have already said that they are not selling the player and we can't buy something that the owner doesn't want to sell. We've said it many times and also we don't want a conflict with a club like Manchester with whom we have good relations. Things are as they are and we have to forget about it."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/may/31/1
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sat May 31, 2008 10:31 am

Madrid's press mood at the time is that they're rubbing hands. They feel they've done their stuff, and they interpret the rage of Ferguson and Queiroz as good indicators they're losing the media battle.

They were the ones to go to deep portugal to find the godfather, and take the quote. Their hunch, is Ronaldo will end up in Real Madrid. By the looks of it, Ferguson is not happy about the idea, unless his rage is simple "theatre" to get the maximum millions.

As for Calderon's statements, those are two faced, because to off the record they laugh and chuckle to the journos saying they're confident.

Let's see what happens, eventually.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat May 31, 2008 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:55 am

Sabre wrote:Madrid's press mood at the time is that they're rubbing hands. They feel they've done their stuff, and they interpret the rage of Ferguson and Queiroz as good indicators they're losing the media battle.

They were the ones to go to deep portugal to find the godfather, and take the quote. Their hunch, is Ronaldo will end up in Real Madrid. By the looks of it, Ferguson is not happy about the idea, unless his rage is simple "theatre" to get the maximum millions.

As for Calderon's statements, those are two faced, because to off the record they laugh and chuckle to the journos saying they're confident.

Let's see what happens, eventually.

Its looking like its happening, Ronaldo said I will be making big news after the Euros are finished, Fergies gone ballistic hes flying out to the training camp to have talks.
Hes said to SSN me and the Glazers will drop Ronaldo to the stands and will not let him leave, Im made up they are getting some sh!t for once.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:59 am

RONALDO WILL ROT RATHER THAN GO TO REAL 

Ronaldo

Sunday June 1,2008
By John Richardson 
Manchester United’s owners the Glazers have told manager Sir Alex Ferguson that they would let Cristiano Ronaldo rot in the stands rather than sell him to Real Madrid.

The Spanish giants have been openly courting Ronaldo much to United’s growing annoyance, and are believed to be trying to push the player into asking for a transfer.

But even if Ronaldo starts to be disruptive and Real Madrid come in with a world record transfer bid of £60million... United won’t be tempted.

Ferguson revealed: “I’ve had a couple of meetings with the Glazers and their attitude is ‘screw Real Madrid’. If need be they would sit a player in the stand, I am telling you. There is absolutely no doubt about that.”

“I’ve had a couple of meetings with the Glazers and their attitude is ‘screw Real Madrid’ 
Sir Alex Ferguson

In fact, despite the chance to make a huge profit on their Portuguese international, the Glazers are prepared to play hard ball with Real Madrid – and the player himself.

Fergie added: “They will not give in to these people. The Glazers have got balls, I can tell you. I have been delighted with them in that respect.”

Ferguson has already revealed to Sunday Express Sport that the player he plucked from Sporting Lisbon will not be allowed to leave – at least for another two years – despite Real Madrid mounting an intimidating  campaign to unsettle the player and guide him into their clutches.

Some boardrooms might have caved in, especially with a fortune on offer for Ronaldo, but United’s American bosses are not for turning.

Ferguson added: “The Glazers have been good to me. They have been good to this club, believe me. 

“They have been brilliant owners. There has been all this nonsense about how they took the club into debt. 

“If I wanted to buy Marks and Spencer, do you think I could go under the floorboards and pull up three billion quid? I would go to the bank right away.

“There’s no doubt they got this club on the cheap. Even in this recession they could sell it on for £1.3billion.”

But Ferguson is delighted that they won’t sell Ronaldo – finally putting this long, drawn-out saga to bed.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:15 pm

matrix wrote:i would love real madrid to sign ronaldo...

it would completely take away manure's   machine...

imagine our chances of winning the title next season  with ronaldo at real...    ???     :;):

Dunno about that

I thought they would struggle when Cantona/Beckham/Van Derby winner all left and i was left disappointed every time
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:56 pm

LOL I hate with a passion Real Madrid and their media, but when the victim is Manchester United I like it.

Classic Marca-esque reaction, not happy with unsettling Ronaldo, they now say aswell Tevez wants to come to Spain  :D
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:36 am

if ronaldo wants to leave manure for real madrid it will happen...

not even manure can afford to have 60 million bulls sitting in row z...

whiskey nose has taken it this far,  because he's   more than likely already got word that ronaldo wants to join real madrid...   ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:52 am

Ronaldo ready to realise his 'dream' move to Madrid
Daniel Taylor
The Guardian
Wednesday June 4 2008

Cristiano Ronaldo appears to have made up his mind to leave Manchester United and fulfil his "dream" of joining Real Madrid. The Portugal international has informed his agent, Jorge Mendes, that he wants to play in Spain and his decision has already been outlined to Madrid, encouraging them to step up their attempts to prise him from Old Trafford.

Ronaldo is being offered a salary in the region of £150,000 a week after tax and has told his closest associates that the financial rewards, as well as the opportunity to play for a club of Madrid's prestige, are too good to turn down.

The double footballer of the year had stated on Saturday night that he would announce his decision "in two or three days" but journalists arriving at Portugal's Euro 2008 training base yesterday were informed that he would not speak to the media until Friday at the earliest. Instead, one of his associates briefed the Portuguese journalists that Ronaldo, as suspected, was hoping United would relent on their refusal to entertain the idea of negotiating a world-record transfer.

Relations between the two clubs have been severely strained and the latest developments will cause intense dismay to Sir Alex Ferguson, who has been increasingly vocal in his criticism of Madrid. There is also a growing sense of foreboding about Ronaldo's motives, specifically the manner in which he has repeatedly adapted his line in a string of media interviews.

Ferguson had wanted the player to hold a press conference, or, at the very least, put out a statement, committing himself to the club, but Ronaldo has made it clear he plans to do nothing of the kind.

Mendes is believed to be in almost daily contact with Madrid and looking at ways to soften United's resistance. Whether that is possible remains to be seen as United have threatened to report the Spanish champions to Fifa and Ferguson has said he would rather let Ronaldo rot in the reserves than sanction the deal.

Contrary to reports, Ferguson has no plans to fly to Portugal, preferring to go on holiday to France and leave the matter to his chief executive, David Gill.

At the same time, Gill will try to convince Aaron Ramsey, the 17-year-old Cardiff City midfielder, to choose United ahead of Arsenal after both clubs yesterday had £5m offers accepted.

United were the first to meet Cardiff's requirements and issued a statement describing themselves as "delighted" to have agreed the deal only for it to emerge that Arsenal had matched their offer. Liverpool had also bid £5m but Cardiff turned them down because of the way the deal was structured. "We can confirm that the club has received formal bids from three Premier League teams for Aaron Ramsey," a statement from Cardiff read. "One of these is Manchester United though at this stage we can confirm that no deal has been done."

the Guardian

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:15 pm

Manchester United must face the real possibility that Cristiano Ronaldo has played his final match for the club after the Portuguese winger publicly declared his intention to join Real Madrid at the end of the European Championship.

Speaking from Portugal's training camp in the Swiss city of Neuchatel on Wednesday, Ronaldo made a keenly awaited statement on his future. The 23-year-old stated that he wanted to leave Old Trafford to sign for the Spanish champions if they made good on their promises of world record transfer fees and wages. Spanish media reports have placed the value of a Madrid offer to United at €100m and the player's salary at £15m a year.

"I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me and Manchester United what they have been saying they will," said Ronaldo in an interview with the respected Brazilian website Terra. "However, it does not depend on me."

The issue of Ronaldo's future has been the dominant feature of Portugal's European Championship training camp, overshadowing the team's preparations and seeing questions raised about the player's state of mind. Hoping to prevent inquests at national team press conferences and post-match mixed zones, Ronaldo insisted that he would not speak about his choice of club again during the tournament.

"It is important to send a message," he said. "From now on I will not talk again about this until the end of the Euros. It is not worth asking me because I will not reply."

United have repeatedly stated that they will not allow Ronaldo to move this summer, but the club may now have to improve the five-year contract they agreed with the forward in April 2007. Given the scale of Madrid's offer, the player can expect to comfortably exceed the net €10m that Michael Ballack receives from Chelsea each year.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:46 pm

:)

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion