Joey barton red appeal rejected

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:28 pm

QPR midfielder Joey Barton's appeal against his red card for violent conduct in Monday's 2-1 defeat by Norwich City has been rejected.

The Rangers captain was dismissed following an off-the-ball incident with Bradley Johnson in the 36th minute.

A Football Association statement confirmed he "will serve a three-match suspension with immediate effect

The FA are a bloody joke, how the hell this was ever a red card and now they have let it stand.

95% of Refs in the Prem are very poor right now and i am fed up with the FA backing them. in last nights game it was very clear a red card was going to be given even before a ball was kicked (i even posted that before the game) The Ref had been told to book a player twice just to make Lee Probert look better. in my view Djourou was right to haave been booked twice and there was no need to the FA to make Ref come down hard in our game.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:34 pm

Ridiculous red card.  Refs giving red cards for that, but avoiding giving red cards to Yohan Cabaye on that nasty challenge on Spearing.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:58 pm

find this hard believe, was pretty sure he'd get that recinded. The manner in which he received the red was a joke, play just continued until another foul was committed...awfully handled by the FA and the officials. The standard of reffing this season has been shocking imo
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby lakes10 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:00 am

Greavesie wrote:find this hard believe, was pretty sure he'd get that recinded. The manner in which he received the red was a joke, play just continued until another foul was committed...awfully handled by the FA and the officials. The standard of reffing this season has been shocking imo

the FA seem happy to look silly just so they back up the Ref.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Greavesie wrote:find this hard believe, was pretty sure he'd get that recinded. The manner in which he received the red was a joke, play just continued until another foul was committed...awfully handled by the FA and the officials. The standard of reffing this season has been shocking imo

the FA seem happy to look silly just so they back up the Ref.

what if no foul was committed between Barton and Johnson's clash and Barton went on to score?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:59 pm

Ref's have dispensed with any sensible definition of 'violent conduct'. You shouldn't be able to headbutt another player (although some may disagree  :D ), but merely facing up to them and touching heads shouldn't warrant a red card because at that point there is nothing excessive, brutal, violent etc. about it.
LFC2007

Postby ethanr » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:37 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Ref's have dispensed with any sensible definition of 'violent conduct'. You shouldn't be able to headbutt another player (although some may disagree  :D ), but merely facing up to them and touching heads shouldn't warrant a red card because at that point there is nothing excessive, brutal, violent etc. about it.

Exactly.  Both players got in each other's faces, and as soon as there was any contact Johnson or whatever his name is grabbed at his face.  And he wasn't even good at acting like he was hit... It was really obvious there was nothing serious there.
ethanr

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:45 am

Wayne Rooney elbowing a Wigan player in the face is fine.

Frank Lampard nearly breaking a Wolves players ankle is also fine.

Ashley Cole ramming his foot through a Wolves players chest is fine.

But DONT YOU DARE USE HARSH LANGUAGE !

Sticks and stones - nothing happens, but words will get you suspended.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:57 am

it all killing my love for football to tell you the truth.
The refereeing is so bad in england. I go to a lot of football games, not just liverpool ones, Southend, West ham, East Thurrock,leyton orient and D&R.

Its the same all over the place, East Thurrock got knocked out of the FA Cup due to a poor Ref, Southend had a player sent off this year when he was not even the player in the action and the FA still stuck to the card.

things need to change in football and sorry but its part to do with the Refs and part to do with heads of the FA never being footballers.

side note, i also feel thete are too many overseas players in English football.

in 2010 Premier League there were 337 registered players representing a total of 66 different countries, thats gone up to around 400 now.
Last edited by lakes10 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:04 pm

Barton is no victim, it may have been harsh in this case but he has probably gotten away with alot and from most accounts of other players (except Gerrard :)  ) he is a real sh1t. I have trouble feeling sorry for anyone that brags about how much he makes to lesser paid players while they are playing on the field. Bad karma and what goes around comes around and all that.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 13, 2012 7:27 pm

id be surprised if that toe rag ever plays in the prem again after his meltdown today.
the guy is absolutely psychotic.
he's been tweeting like mad thats he's off to enjoy prem survival with his team mates :laugh:.
id be really surprised if qpr keep him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby HITACHI » Tue May 15, 2012 4:53 pm

the guys an embarassment to which ever club he plays for - mug
HITACHI
LFC Basic Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue May 15, 2012 5:40 pm

How anyone can feel sorry for Barton after his ridiculous challenge that could have broken Xabi's leg when we played Newcastle a few seasons back I don't know.  Not to mention everything else he's done over the years, like being caught on camera punching the sh*t out of some teenager outside MacDonalds or stubbing a cigar out in a team mate's face.

The guy is a complete scumbag and deserves all he gets.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue May 15, 2012 10:05 pm

Must be at least a 10 game ban.
ethanr

Postby Kharhaz » Tue May 15, 2012 11:40 pm

You have to admire his honesty when he admitted after he was sent off to try get one of their players sent off !  :buttrock

He is an idiot, but an honest idiot.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion