Fone or Facejacker - Funniest?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby red37 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Me - i love the new series with visual 'live' gags.  Both series are great and work well.  But there's something about putting the face with the character (however ridiculous) thats more accessible and 'obvious' - Loads might try and pull it off believably, though Novak has a real talent alright.

Loved his Art fella characature - Brian Bedonde.  :D   The proprietor of the Art Gallery the other night was a gem. His face was a picture of reserved incredulity out of sheer politeness if nothing else. Hilarious.

Anyway - if you don't know what it is - here is the website link to the show.

FaceJacker

Worth a 'semi-original' giggle anyway.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby JBG » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:37 pm

Ever see Novak in real life? He was on Soccer am on Saturday and there's no way in a million years you'd connect him to Phone jacker.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:22 am

red37 wrote:Me - i love the new series with visual 'live' gags.  Both series are great and work well.  But there's something about putting the face with the character (however ridiculous) thats more accessible and 'obvious' - Loads might try and pull it off believably, though Novak has a real talent alright.

Loved his Art fella characature - Brian Bedonde.  :D   The proprietor of the Art Gallery the other night was a gem. His face was a picture of reserved incredulity out of sheer politeness if nothing else. Hilarious.

Anyway - if you don't know what it is - here is the website link to the show.

FaceJacker

Worth a 'semi-original' giggle anyway.

Moira's café had me howling , "No bacon rolls , hold the  bacon rolls " 
:laugh:  :laugh:

bacon rolls
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:26 am

Facejacker wasn't bad but I much preferred Phonejacker

Internet Providings  :bowdown
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:32 am

The best sketch ever on fonejacker

donald donalson
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:01 am

Dundalk wrote:Facejacker wasn't bad but I much preferred Phonejacker

Internet Providings  :bowdown

"burt...burt..."  :laugh:

I loved Fonejacker - but i like this new format as well. I taped it the other night, and ive watched it again 3 times since.

Not all of it was funny - for example, i thought the 'Terry Tibbs' sketch went on far too long, and was hammed-up beyond comfortable viewing. (although the bird presenting the 'price drop tv' might deserve a rattle....  :eyebrow )

The 'Moira's' drive through chippy was great (again if not a bit stretched out) It was great to see that the original Fonejacker character was kept in for continuity.

Loved that Art fella Bedonde though - first off i thought it was s.*i*e. BUT - the funny part is watching the face of the shop owner. His expression's were pure gold!  When Novak went round the corner and started doing his 'bourettes' [as he described it] outbursts - i thought i was going to pi55 meself through laughing.

That scam hypnotist 'Kwembe' was also funny - though i might have expected a more 'aggressive' reaction from his subject in the chair - even so, the voice work and the presentation of the character was very good.

However, both 'Tibbs' and in my view the Iranian buying fella who cannot pronounce the names of electrical goods properly.
For example DVD he translates into 'doov'd' etc...

I think those two (possibly others) are best suited to acting out their pranks over the airwaves - a la Fonejacker.

Still, its only a week old. Time for improvement.

I'd say its one of the funniest shows on telly though, for sure.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:55 am

:laugh:

B...B...Bahhht

Dont forget its on tonight. 10pm Ch4.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby red37 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:41 am

Tonight's was s.*i*e  :(