Important moment coming up! - Lfc need to do well tommorow.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Iceman69 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:41 am

.....especially with 4th spot looking like a struggle in the EPL. Im hoping we can sneak in through the back door for champions league glory, like Monaco and Porto last term!?

Both Outsiders to get to the final.

Basically against Leverkusen,in my opinion, to get through this round we need to win by  a two goal margin at anfield, ie; 2-0 or 3-1, cause we still have to go over there and get something, and it will be tough.

i dont think a 1-0 will do it, quite.

At this stage of the competition, the "Weeds" of the competition are rooted out, and the class starts to show!

I just hope the players he picks are up for the fight.
Probably Rafael benitez's biggest test as Lfc manager so far.

If Biscan/ Kewell plays, or Letallec. They need to fight like their contract depended on it.
If kewell, gets knocked off the ball easy, disposessed, run ragged, then i was right about him!
If Biscan scored a goal, like against Fulham then I'll praise the lad. then still sack him of course!

Hee Hee!

I'm hoping for the best, but wondering if Stevie G aint playing, where the drive is gonna come from, from the rest of the team.

Could be a mediocre, gut wrenching , frustrating performance.

But...you never know..!
Iceman69

Postby KARMANI » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:21 am

Rafael Benitez insists Liverpool are capable of achieving a positive result against Bayer Leverkusen, despite having to make do without key players Steven Gerrard and Fernando Morientes.
Gerrard is suspended for Tuesday night's Champions League second round first leg tie against the Germans, while Morientes is ineligible to play after appearing for Real Madrid in the competition earlier in the season.

The loss of both is a major blow to the Reds hopes of progressing to the last eight of the tournament but Benitez believes he has enough quality within his squad to cope.

"It's always good to have our best players available but this is not always the case," says Benitez. "It is normal to have player out through either suspension or injury and there is nothing we can do about it. We have been preparing for this game without those players and we have solutions.

"It is in attack were we are most affected but we have options to play alongside Milan (Baros). We have Kewell, Le Tallec, Garcia and Smicer. They all have experience."

Harry Kewell is line for his first game since injuring his groin against Newcastle in December and Benitez adds: "Harry is a good player, a key player for us, and I think he will play. He has been training well and we want to see the best of him."

Igor Biscan is the obvious option to replace Gerrard in the centre of midfield, with youngsters Darren Potter and John Welsh are also likely to be included in the squad.
KARMANI

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion