Game review - And ratings

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:21 am

A point away, is always a point away!!! and Bolton is not one of the easy ones. We just should look our form, 10 wins, and a draw, and forget about Chelsea. Believe me mates, don't look the bloody table, until it's 5 games to end the season!

COME ON REDS!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:43 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:I have said it many times before, Hyypia is a class defender, but when he has to play too many games in a short period he suffers more than other players. His age and lack of pace will get exposed when he plays 4 games in 8 days.

But 2 bad games so far this season, the other 20 odd have been excellent so cut the guy some slack.

If a keeper makes only 1 mistake every 15 games then he isnt doing badly if you ask me. Fact:all players will make errors. Cech made a howler last week, no one said anything. A test of a class keeper is if he is mentally shaken up by his mistake or is it just water of a ducks back.

Its hard to judge a keeper over so little time, you can only tell what a keeper is made of over 2 seasons.

totally agree mate.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Soul » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:22 am

I'm not sure you can blame our defensive shaky game on Hyypia, Banana.

I think the blame should be laid squarely at the two left feet of Traore.

He was often way out of position, causing our Sami, who let's face it ain't the most spritely of defenders despite his other qualities, to fill his centre-back role as well as cover Traore's vacant spot. Even when Traore is in position, he makes the other defenders panic and the nearest centre-back has to cover him to mop up his inevitable mistakes.

So poor old Sami had to babysit Traore and cover more ground than he would during a game where Warnock or Riise were given the left-back position. After a punishing December schedule. And the bloke's not getting any younger. And you wonder why he wasn't at his imperious best today?
Red Soul

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:24 am

Good post red soul. :)
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:33 am

Red Soul wrote:I'm not sure you can blame our defensive shaky game on Hyypia, Banana.

I think the blame should be laid squarely at the two left feet of Traore.

He was often way out of position, causing our Sami, who let's face it ain't the most spritely of defenders despite his other qualities, to fill his centre-back role as well as cover Traore's vacant spot. Even when Traore is in position, he makes the other defenders panic and the nearest centre-back has to cover him to mop up his inevitable mistakes.

So poor old Sami had to babysit Traore and cover more ground than he would during a game where Warnock or Riise were given the left-back position. After a punishing December schedule. And the bloke's not getting any younger. And you wonder why he wasn't at his imperious best today?

Spot on. Traore exposes Hyypia whenever he plays and then as you said, Hyypia has to correct his mistakes.

Traore was the worst defender against Bolton, he becomes a bigger liability everytime he plays.

I still think Hyypia along with Reina, was responsible for the goal conceded. He nicked the ball from Reina's hands, just when he was going to catch it. And if he was going to clear it, then he should had done it properly
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:35 am

HEADLINES...

HYYPIA AND REINA MAKE MISTAKE... :)
115-1073096938

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:43 am

In the first goal, from the Spanish perspective, the only mistake I see is of the refferee.

I don't care about the "physicality" of the EPL:

Question: Is there, or is there not a rule in football, which states that the keeper cannot be disturbed when he's in the small area? If there is not, what's the little area's purpose? :O

Perhaps I saw it wrong, there was not much quality in the image, but I Think that if their striker shouldn't have moved Reina with his back, he'd hold the ball.

Again, perhaps I'm making a big judgement mistake here, correct me if I'm wrong. I still haven't found the time to read all your opinions, sorry if it's already has been rised.

Now I have to sleep, what a hectic days I'm having . :(
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:44 am

It's typical really - Hyypia and Reina have been absolutely mint in recent months. They make a couple of mistakes, we drop points.

Cech for Chelsea against Fulham the other week played like Jim Leighton wearing oven mitts and a crash helmet. Gifted them a goal, flapped horribly at dangerous balls all day long, and they still got the win.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Red Soul » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:45 am

I think the first goal was just one of those bad luck things. First Reina spills the cross, which he's not done a lot of lately and aided by a sneaky shove in the back. Hyypia goes to kick it just before Reina regains it - deciding not to leave things to chance, the best option for him is to clear the danger; by the time Reina's got it in both hands, Hyypia is already committed to kicking the ball. Then Hyypia pulls out of the kick because he's obviously not comfortable taking a big meaty swing at the ball with his keeper's head that damn close to it.

I'm not sure that either of them made a bona-fide mistake in the melee - Hyypia was perfectly right in trying to kick the ball away when Reina fumbled, Reina recovered well to get his hands back on it after a snide nudge in the back... and I wouldn't be too happy if Hyypia had managed to punt the ball to the half-way line if it was closely followed by Reina's severed head. Shit happens, it's what makes football so enjoyable to watch, but sometimes it can come back to bite you on the balls.

Oh, and may I express my desire to nailgun Diouf's bumhole shut?
Red Soul

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:47 am

If the keeper can be shoved in the little area, perhaps the best option for Reina will be to punch the ball rather than to hold it IMHO. :angry:
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:49 am

Sabre wrote:In the first goal, from the Spanish perspective, the only mistake I see is of the refferee.

I don't care about the "physicality" of the EPL:

Question: Is there, or is there not a rule in football, which states that the keeper cannot be disturbed when he's in the small area? If there is not, what's the little area's purpose? :O

Perhaps I saw it wrong, there was not much quality in the image, but I Think that if their striker shouldn't have moved Reina with his back, he'd hold the ball.

Again, perhaps I'm making a big judgement here, correct me if I'm wrong. I still haven't found the time to read all your opinions, sorry if it's already has been rised.

Now I have to sleep, what a hectic days I'm having . :(

The 6 yard box is a marker for goal kicks and also any foul thats given in that area has to be taken from the edge of the 6 yard box, weather its for or against.

Example 1: Reina is fouled by a push on the goal line, free kick is taken from the edge of the 6 yard box.

Example 2: Sami Hyypia tries to win a header to score but is obstructed on the goal line, this results in an indirect free kick (not a penalty as some would claim) that free kick must be taken from te edge of the 6 yard box.

Also, there was no foul on Reina, its a contact sport, keepers get to much protection, Speed had every right to challenge and challenged fairly, Sami and Reina got mixed up and it cost us a goal... it happens.
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:28 am

Sissoko could get a 3 match ban for a tickle he made in the game, if FA decide to act on it.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:32 am

Yes Stu, thanks, that's correct. There are other subtle things about the 6 yard area too.

I was mad curious about this. I couldn't sleep :D
But thing is, that I was frustrated, for a moment, I thought that a rule I knew since I was a child, was mistaken. And To be honest, in FIFA rules I haven't seen any info on this (I took a quick glance too).

But in a site oriented to coaches in Spain, I can read this

6 yard box (translated)

It's not true the keeper cannot be touched in the 6 yard box, but he cannot be charged

Is this a bad Spanish assumption? if so, let me know!
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:36 am

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this as I didn't read through the whole topic, but the team selection in my eye's, was down to hectic schedule over the festive period. We can't expect player's to be fresh after playing four game's in few more day's, it was a good choice to rest certain player's although it slightly backfired.

Anyway, I think a point at the Reebok is a half decent result, Bolton can beat the best there with their physical tactic's, so in that regard I'm happy enough with the point and glad we came away with no serious injuries - didn't we also lose there last season when Garcia made his debut?
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:37 am

A.B. wrote:Sissoko could get a 3 match ban for a tickle he made in the game, if FA decide to act on it.

Surely he wouldn't get banned for a tickle?  :D  :D
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion