Out of the blocks.....where will we be? - And does it matter?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RobinHood6969 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:39 pm

Reminds me the 5-0 demolition against Villa  :D
RobinHood6969

Postby aqualanigan » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:43 pm

gerrards touch to control the ball 4 3rd goal against stoke was just magic!
aqualanigan

Postby Owzat » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:04 pm

It just pains me to see us go from a poor display and result to a (relatively) good win and scoreline. Next result is key, simply can't afford anything other than a win, four points from nine would definitely be five points dropped over four points gained.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:12 am

Looking at the fixtures coming up, what with the Mancs playing Arsenal and us being Away at Bolton, Chelsea's Home game with Burnley could well see them opening up a wee gap on those three. If they do win then we really do need to I think. Fortunately, we will.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:25 am

Hope we do... Will not underestimate bolton.. Its goint to be a tough match!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:06 am

At the moment they only need to mark Gerrard and Torres out of the game and where will the goals/creativity come from? Johnson? Our creativity was lacking enough with Alonso, we could see those draws turn into defeats - I guess we should be careful what we wish for (less draws)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:11 pm

Well I've brought up a couple of times the possibility of us being out of it before 10 games is up, and it's very real. Already we've given ourselves a fair bit to do in that our form between now and the end of the season will have to be excellent, and my guess is that in order to prevail we are once again going to have to take plenty of points off the big four. 

The one bit of silver inside this very murky cloud is that most of our rivals start playing each other now, which means we have a chance to get into the pack at least. We play Chelea in game 8, and this is how we look up against them upto and including that game:

Liverpool:          Chelsea:

Bolton (A)          Burnley (H)
Burnley (H)         Stoke (A)
West Ham (A)     Spurs (H)
Hull (H)              Wigan (A)

Chelsea v Liverpool

Sunderland (A)    Villa (A)
Man Utd (H)        Blackburn (A)

So looking at that, our next few games are pretty important. If we were to match Chelsea's points haul over all the games but lose at Stmaford Bridge, we'd be nine points behind them after 10 games. I would say at that point they were uncatchable for us to be honest. That said, if we can win our next four (I know it's a big IF but they are winnable matches) then fifteen points out of a possible 21 wouldn't be an absolute disaster. If Chelsea and Spurs got a draw between each other then we could probably afford to lose at Stamford Bridge and not be quite read the last rights. Obviously if we go to Chelsea and win, before beating the Mancs at Home a couple of weeks later, then we are right back in the mix I think. Seems like a big ask at the moment but you never know I guess.
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion