Out of the blocks.....where will we be? - And does it matter?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:55 am

REDTILLDEAD wrote:
bigmick wrote:If we win the next fifteen games I reckon we'll be top, probably by more than a couple of points :buttrock.

Fukkin hell!......what are you on?...they way we played on sunday we will be lucky to 15 points from the next fifteen games!......never mind winning the next fifteen? no chance unless Rafa buys a class CB and a proven striker.

:laugh: fecking hell  :)
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby baldricks_cunning_plan » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:30 am

bigmick wrote::laugh: At Lfc's cheeky post.

Back on subject....Unfortunately after being a goal down at half-time Chelsea got back up to win 3-1 at Sunderland (another goal for Darren Bent), which was a top result for them I reckon. Twice in two matches now they've come from behind, one with an injury time winner and there's no better way of cranking up some momentum as we showed last season. Arsenal predictably (only after their wonder show at Goodison was it predictable though) went to Celtic and spanked their erse, so both of these two are well and truly up and running. The mancs will be ultra keen to ensure that Chelsea don't get away, as well as wanting to put us under maximum pressure straight away, so they WILL win at Burnley.

As of now, we are five points behind Chelsea (with a game in hand) who will now be buzzing, three points behind Arsenal who will be believing all kinds of wonderous things are possible, Three behind the Mancs with them having a penalty kick game tomorrow. The Stoke match is getting bigger all the time, we really really could do with a win here.

We're six behind of Chelsea.

Chelsea beat Hull therefore get three points.
Chelsea beat Sunderland therefore get three points.

3+3=6.

We lost to Tottenham therefore got no points.

6-0=6

So we're six behind Chelsea.

But taking into consideration we'll win tomorrow to get our season up and running, come this time tomorrow the gap will only be three points. Then when we go and hammer Villa next Monday, we'll all start believing again that this is our year.

"And now you gonna believe us."
baldricks_cunning_plan

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:15 am

I think it's "gonna believe us" Baldy but no bother, six it is :;):
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby baldricks_cunning_plan » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:50 pm

I'm aware it's "gonna believe us" which is what I've put Biggy. Maybe you should learn to read eh Sunny Mick.
baldricks_cunning_plan

Postby red37 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:49 pm

bigmick wrote:The mancs will be ultra keen to ensure that Chelsea don't get away, as well as wanting to put us under maximum pressure straight away, so they WILL win at Burnley.

As of now, we are five points behind Chelsea (with a game in hand) who will now be buzzing, three points behind Arsenal who will be believing all kinds of wonderous things are possible, Three behind the Mancs with them having a penalty kick game tomorrow. The Stoke match is getting bigger all the time, we really really could do with a win here.

:oops:    :upside:   :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:52 pm

red37 wrote:
bigmick wrote:The mancs will be ultra keen to ensure that Chelsea don't get away, as well as wanting to put us under maximum pressure straight away, so they WILL win at Burnley.

:oops:    :upside:   :D

:D so happy to get it wrong and to talk the c...s out of it. I watched the second half as our game is repeated in a minute, and I'll tell you what I won't be tipping them again for a bit. They were fecking terrible, awful infact. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't go back into the market before deadline day.

On that evidence though, four Prems in a row looks beyond them to me, although obviously they'll improve.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:57 pm

Fingers crossed eh....although i fear the threat from London the most.

And i'm not talking about Fulham!  :p

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundalk » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:01 pm

United next few games look tricky enough

Wigan (A)
Arsenal (H)
Spurs (A)
Man City (H)
Stoke (A)

If they dont start showing a bit of form they could be in a bit of trouble
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:04 pm

Dundalk wrote:United next few games look tricky enough

Wigan (A)
Arsenal (H)
Spurs (A)
Man City (H)
Stoke (A)

If they dont start showing a bit of form they could be in a bit of trouble

Looks promising on paper. And with tonights result the pressure will be on. Im just waiting till shrek gets sent off against one of these teams with a hissy fit.  :p
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:10 pm

Just watched the first half (second is on in a minute) and it's a much more encouraging display from us. Gerrard in particular has been immense, while both Johnson and Benayoun put in a good shift. First impression on the kid at the back is that I quite like him, although there was one moment where Dean Whitehead closed him down and he looked short of pace, but it's not conclusive. In the main though he has done alright and has a future in the game somewhere.

Johnson fairly obviously offers a lot more in terms of going forward than Arbie did, but it remains to be seen how he'll perform under a stiffer examination defending. Very encouraging from him though. I must also mention Lucas who i think has done fine, I just think he needs to find from somewhere the confidence and desire to express himself more. There is a footballer looking to break out I'm sure of it, but it's not banging on the door with enough determination. Still a few too many safe passes, too much linking the play and not enough cut. Insua has done well too, good performance from the kid.

Quick note on the lad at the back for them who we are looking at, Ryan Shawcross. Yep, like him and I'd be more inclined to spend on him than I would Turner TBPH. I'm very surprised man Utd let him go, he and Evans would have provided a good future pairing.

One other thing, where is Delap from? Bit out there this one but in a 22 man squad England could do worse (if he's English) than stick him in the World Cup squad. 2-1 down with ten minutes to go might look a bit different if you stuck him on with them fecking throw ins. Unbelieveable distance he gets, and flows if flat as a f@rt as well. Don't think I've ever seen anything quite like that.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:32 pm

Could be Irish, with a name like Rory..

:D

Hands off!
tonyeh

Postby Sean » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:16 am

Delap has been capped by Ireland but has been out of favour for the last few years which is surprising given his versatility (he can also play full back) and Ireland's weak midfield options.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby KOPMATT » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:17 am

red37 wrote:Fingers crossed eh....although i fear the threat from London the most.

And i'm not talking about Fulham!  :p

Millwall then??? lol :upside:
KOPMATT

Postby Effes » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:40 am

Got to follow up last night's result with a win against Villa on Monday.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:42 am

Yep - hopefully the spurs game will act like the Boro game did last season - a kick up the backside
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion