Does it matter who owns our club?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ade » Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:56 pm

Just interested to see how fans would split on this one.

The King of Thailand was recently reported to be keen on buying a stake in LFC; we've got Steve Morgan champing at the bit, and David Moores in the driving seat.

Man Utd's main shareholders are Coolmore's Irish duo – their fans ain't complaining about foreign ownership, or begging for local takeovers. 

Chelsea are owned by a Russian gangster, who's taken them to the verge of the CL final. Their fans are in raptures about where they've gone and are going with a Russian owner and – until last season anyway – a largely foreign team. (The 1st club to ever field a team in the Premiership without a single Brit in the side.)

I would prefer to see Liverpool take the Athletic Bilbao attitude here (I think it's them) - not go as far as selecting only Scousers in the side, but hanging on to a Scouse core and an English owner at all costs.

But can we compete like this, and would any fans be prepared to sacrifice Scouse, then English ownership if a loaded foreigner came in and took us back to the top?

Think I know the answer to this, but it's worth a punt…
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:09 am

Personally id like to see the ownership stay where it is. I think this puts us above the others, we still have our core. Isnt the owner worth like a 1000 million or something stupid like that anyways? I dont have the info to hand and its too early to go looking for it. We take the higher ground and keep things how they are, no shares or any of that rubbish.
Hopefully it will always be like that :)
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:27 am

Who owns the club is not really the issue, its all about who is making the descisions. Unfortunatley Parry and Moores are right now and their personal relationship with GH clouds their judgement.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion