Luis garcia - Trickster and ball waster, available .

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redhayesy » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:30 am

SupitsJonF wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
taff wrote:He did drive us nuts :D

:D  but when he did produce , f'uck me , it was usually something special.

Who could forget

Lil' Luis  v Chelsea

Lil' Luis v Juventus

:buttrock

Amazing volleys, mine hardly ever even dip.  Just fly a good 40 yards :D

The Juventus goal is one of my all time favorite goals, wasn't expecting it at all.

spot on mate. an let's just leave it at that! just remember the great times he gave us. as for me the midfield is not where we need to strengthen it's in attack.

Luis Garcia was brilliant for us in so many games an that's how it should stay. the Luis Garcia song was one of the best sing song i enjoyed for a long time,especially at both games you mention mate, & i'd rather have those happy memories as a player who was good enough at the time to be part of our history,than jepodise that with a bit part role to play if he returned,cause that's all he would do & that woudn't be beneficial for either the club or himself.

as ciggy says he wasn't happy in the city,country so why return. & i will give LG the credit to think that money wasn't his priority, he left LFC  on mutual gounds with his dignity still intact with his pride aswell as the majority of fans wishing him good luck etc.

great player for us, but their is only two players for me that deserved to come back without question - Rushy-(because he was only sold in the first place, to help relations with Juventus.)
& robbie (GOD) fowler, i hope everyone agrees cause the songs that were sung on both returns will stay with me forever.

so for me as far as Luis Garcia is concerned - let sleeping dogs lie. & thanks for some great memories.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:41 am

I suppose its partly a reaction to MO going to Man Utd.  I would rather Louis in our squad producing those magic moments that only he could produce than in Fulhams squad.

Staunton was the first guy I remember us selling when we should have hung on to him and it hurts to have one of our players still capable of playing at the top level but with another club

of all the players we've let go, peter beardsley was the one which hurt the most.

Still wonder now why the f**k we sold him!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby agoodmentality » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:44 am

7_Kewell wrote:

I suppose its partly a reaction to MO going to Man Utd.  I would rather Louis in our squad producing those magic moments that only he could produce than in Fulhams squad.

Staunton was the first guy I remember us selling when we should have hung on to him and it hurts to have one of our players still capable of playing at the top level but with another club

of all the players we've let go, peter beardsley was the one which hurt the most.

Still wonder now why the f**k we sold him!

Wasn't Kenny shaggin his missus??
I've watched my Heroes throught the slats at Melwood,,
I've STOOD on the KOP,,
I've cried for the 96 ,,

Don't EVER question my loyalty or support.

YNWA
agoodmentality

Postby Reg » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:56 am

woof woof ! wrote:
taff wrote:Garcia is on the BBC rumour site.  Athletico have given him permission to leave and Fulham are interested.

If he is free or very cheap, not a bad signing for two years or so methinks.  Could be a good squad guy and could cause chaos in some games.

On a free ?, if the wages are right why not, drove us nuts on occasion , inconsistent but he had that bit of flair that most of our players lacked (and still do).

Its like the Michael Owen argument, people have strong views on both sides.
Personally I love watching the vids on youtube but youtube would be clogged if they had videos of every wasted opportunity, lost ball and time he pi$$ed me off.

The Chelsea goal remains a favourite memory, let it stay there!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:59 am

I would happily welcome little Luis back. He has that element of suprise all clubs need. Benayoun is the closest player we have to Garcia, and it could be argued that they are too similar. I refute that claim simply by the following:

We would be thrilled if Steven Gerrard were cloned and both played for us.

I would like to see Luis as an option rather than a regular - he thrived on the "number 10" role of support-striker, and was at his best between the lines a la Juventus. When Gerrard is injured, he could play the role with aplomb in a position relatively danger-free.

If he wishes to return and Rafa is tempted - I say go for it.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:28 am

I agree on free, why not? He was a match winner, someone you knew could do something magic, but...

Its a backward step. I think will make it look like we have regressed.

So I think, no (but would not be upset if we got him)

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:04 am

On a free he would be an ok option but I doubt he'd want to return and is he still as "good" as he was?
heimdall

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion