Houllier - Post-boro blues

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:06 pm

Houllier - "It was a cast-iron penalty"

Gerard Houllier refused to blame the referee for not awarding Liverpool a spot-kick at Middlesbrough this afternoon but remains adamant it was a 'cast-iron penalty'.

The Reds bench were up in arms after Mr Dowd waved away appeals for a penalty following the tackle by Franck Queudrue that felled Florent Sinama-Pongolle inside the Boro box.

It deprived the Reds of an opportunity to break the deadlock in a dour goalless draw but Houllier did not appear to be bitter afterwards.

He said: "I have a lot of sympathy for the referee but it was a definite penalty. Queudrue didn't touch the ball. If he had it would have been a corner. He made a tackle from behind without touching the ball. That is a cast-iron penalty.

"It is the seond game running we have been denied a penalty and so we could have had an extra three points but we are not complaining. We will just get on with things."
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:07 pm

Not very good at maths is he, it would have been an extra two points not that they will make much difference at the moment being 15 points behind Arsenal and 13 behind the mancs in third
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby celticred » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:19 pm

it might be better for us if m. houllier did yell and complain as this discrepancy in penalties/refereeing in favour of Man utd and Gooners has cost us and other clubs. Pires or Van Nistlerooy diving, us not getting call today or against Man Utd last match. Blackburn had a goal called back at Old Trafford today that was clearly onside. it's difficult enough to win without the refs being on their side.
celticred

Postby Neo# » Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:57 am

Actually Ozwat hes better at maths than you are. The successive penalties would have brought 1 extra point against Utd and two points today.  So you see   1 + 2 = 3.
Neo#

Postby Owzat » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:37 am

Sorry, see you're right that the inference is over two games. Never mind, 3 points still wouldn't make much difference and I'm sure the rest of the league could claim similar injustices......
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby THEBARON » Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:27 pm

I didn't see Houllier complaining when we got a decision in our favour against Leeds recently. Stop moaning about the referees mistakes and address the shortcomings of you and your team.Most people in their jobs are paid on results , it's a shame this does not apply to Houllier.
THEBARON

Postby 98-1069656924 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:00 am

another bad result for the reds...another game in which you could of had more than what you did get..another game in which the referee ripped liverpool off with a bad decision...another load of excuses from gerard houllier...
is this a blessing in disguise???...will liverpool have another mini season towards the end of the season when they are out of all competitions?...or will they turn the corner again??.
are the F.A trying to ruin their season again? ???
is houllier really more successful than alex ferguson? ???
it gets better....it makes being an evertonian not so bad
98-1069656924

Postby Neo# » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:34 pm

Arrggghhhhhhh! I just realised today that ive never enjoyed seeing Liverpool win the league. I was too young in 1990. Last night I had a nightmare. A bad one. In it Man Utd kept producing young players forever. They and Arsenal kept winning the League. And I died never having seen Liverpool win the league. For the last few years its always been just around the corner. Always two years away. Now its never going to happen. NEVER. But id really LOVE IT if we beat EM. LOVE IT as Keegan once famously said. And God I really would. But its NEVER going to happen, at least not in my lifetime. Im losing the faith. Thats what Houllier has done to me now.:(
Neo#

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:03 pm

Talking of young players, when is John Welsh gonna get a chance, that boy is quality, trust me.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion