Don't panic mr mainwaring! - Not losing is not as important as wins

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:54 am

I've had a sad on all weekend.

All I can say is I HATE losing.

That said, its character building and neednt be any more than a blip on the radar.

If the lads hate losing as much as I do, they I'm pretty sure we'll be straight back to winning ways.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:57 am

Its not how many you lose that win you championships its how many you win.

Always has and always will be.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby desmdlow » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:06 am

I somewhat agree.. but a draw is still 1 point better than a lost.. Its not as if we were negative and playing for a draw. we are leading and controlling the game.. Should have win that game IMO..

Nevertheless, this is the time to show our title credentials. Losing is not end of the world but its how we react after the lost that is the KEY...
desmdlow

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:35 pm

and if it's any consollation manu, ar@e and chelsea have also lost 1 game or more so that to me says we're no worse off this season then any of the other big teams.

so there
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:21 pm

lakes10 wrote:we still have it all in our hands, and i feel we can still win the Prem.
It was just a very bad time to meet Spurs.

lol even ol Lakesy's being positive - and pigs are a flyin  :D  :laugh:

Yep be positive ppl we are the real deal !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:26 pm

Do you mean Mr mannering?

Whoever said 1 defeat was the end of our challenge anyway, the way I see it its been the games agaist the top four that has left us trailing behind and so far we have played 2 won 2, if we can win 2 more out of the remaining 4 we`ll be there or there abouts.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:50 pm

If we do not get maximum points from the next six prem games then we will not be winning it this year, thats what I believe.

West Brom (home)

Bolton (away)

Fulham (home)

West Ham (home)

Blackburn (away)

Hull (home)

All games we should be winning if we are to challenge. Simple as that.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:23 pm

We just need to put away our chances - some if not all of these could get a hiding if we take our chances.

Hope Torres is back !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:34 pm

Rush Job wrote:Do you mean Mr mannering?

Whoever said 1 defeat was the end of our challenge anyway, the way I see it its been the games agaist the top four that has left us trailing behind and so far we have played 2 won 2, if we can win 2 more out of the remaining 4 we`ll be there or there abouts.

Rushie mate I think he does mean Mr "Mannering", but he's spelt it correctly, it's one of them that don't look like it sounds.

On your second point I think it's a really interesting one. You are quite right that historically the team which has done better against the other big four teams has gone on to get very close to winning the title. Is it possible though that we could buck the trend this season?

I personally think that Saturdays game is an absolutely massive one for us. Not only is it three points in a game which should be an absolute penalty kick, but it's a chance to make sure our blip doesn't develop into a bliiiiiiiiip. Should we fail to beat West Brom, it will be hugely damaging to the confidence of the team and as a few have mentioned, it really is high time we won a match by means other than a single goal. A nice confident 3 or 4 nil is what the doctor ordered, as I think that this season one sustained bliiiiiiiiiiip (say one win in six or something of that nature) and that could be that. 

Chelsea are already looking like they are going to be very efficient at rolling teams over, and if we can't match that on a week to week basis, beating them in one match isn't going to compensate I'm afraid.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 am

bigmick wrote:
Rush Job wrote:Do you mean Mr mannering?

Rushie mate I think he does mean Mr "Mannering", but he's spelt it correctly, it's one of them that don't look like it sounds.

On your second point I think it's a really interesting one. You are quite right that historically the team which has done better against the other big four teams has gone on to get very close to winning the title. Is it possible though that we could buck the trend this season?

I personally think that Saturdays game is an absolutely massive one for us. Not only is it three points in a game which should be an absolute penalty kick, but it's a chance to make sure our blip doesn't develop into a bliiiiiiiiip. Should we fail to beat West Brom, it will be hugely damaging to the confidence of the team and as a few have mentioned, it really is high time we won a match by means other than a single goal. A nice confident 3 or 4 nil is what the doctor ordered, as I think that this season one sustained bliiiiiiiiiiip (say one win in six or something of that nature) and that could be that. 

Chelsea are already looking like they are going to be very efficient at rolling teams over, and if we can't match that on a week to week basis, beating them in one match isn't going to compensate I'm afraid.

I know what your saying mate but look at the bliiip of last season yet two wins agaist the mancs would have had us above them.
As I say if we can get another couple of wins agaist the top four I reckon we`ll be close at the end. :)
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion