Panic

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kenco » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:48 pm

barnesrush wrote:you might be very surprised. i expect rafa to sign one or maybe even 2 players at the most. the squads potential has always been better than recent results. even with no new additions i will be confident in a significant improvement over last year

Have you been watching the same games as me ? If the answers yes i suggest you get down to Specsavers. :p  :p
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:56 pm

I've no doubt there will be an improvement on the 30 point deficit of last season.I have every confidence that our new manager will get more from the present squad than GH could.Cisse will make a difference.Things will be better,because it's impossible they could get any worse.
catsmeow has every right to voice his opinion,I just don't agree.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby kenco » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:07 pm

supersub wrote:I've no doubt there will be an improvement on the 30 point deficit of last season.I have every confidence that our new manager will get more from the present squad than GH could.Cisse will make a difference.Things will be better,because it's impossible they could get any worse.
catsmeow has every right to voice his opinion,I just don't agree.

A half wit would get more out of the squad than G.H. but that still dose not mean that this present squad will be realistic contenders.We need WORLD CLASS players. Even our captain Stevie G has been quoted as saying has much. I say again don't get carried away by PRE SEASON RESULTS !!!!!  :oh:
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:22 pm

I must admit I have never heard such pesimism!!! Well, I say pesimism I could just as easily call it b*ll*cks!!!
We had a dire season last year, total rubbish yet we finished fourth, I know it is not the point and the gulf to 3rd (let alone 1st) was enormous but I am seriously hopeful this year.
The squad is not lacking much at all, we are one or two players short of challenging the best squads in Europe if you ask me. With better coaching, new enthusiasm I can see a genuine title challenge coming. And the depth and quality in the division is going to help us if nothing else, Noone will go unbeaten next year, points are going to be harder to come by and so it will take less to win the league. Lets get behind the team and cheer em on all the way!!!
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:33 pm

RedorDead, totally argree with you 100%.
115-1073096938

Postby mistyred » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:36 pm

Agreed RedorDead people seem to have little faith, Never satisfied.

We had every right to get tedious with GH he had long enough but the season has not yet started under Rafa's charge yet, all im waiting for now is to go on about how good Kezman and chelski are.

We will have players but not at a ransom, i believe in LFC and cannot stress the importance of patience how do we know that Rafa has not already got and found the players he will sign but is waiting to atleast give the exsisting players a fair crack of the wip before telling them they are not needed?.

In my opinion it would be harsh and a shore way to get peoples backs up to walk into a club and say i don't want you you and you without seeing them compete against a decent outfit, Diouf is self explanitory.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:41 pm

Good post misty. I believe in this man. He's going to be a top manager. I can sense it.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:13 am

WAKE UP ALL I'AM SAYING IS WHAT YOU ALREADY KNOW!. iF YOU WATCHED L.F. C. LAST YEAR THE SQAUDS NOT GOOD ENOUGH YOU ALL SAID SO AT THE END OF LAST SEASON . SO WHATS CHANGED. A NEW MANAGER, GET REAL.   :p :p
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:21 am

I have never said the squad is not good enough, infact I think it is as good as any in the premiership....the simple truth is this: The squad has under performed the last two seasons.
Our squad now is stronger than when we won 5 trophies in a season, it is just that GH could not motivate us after those successes. It is that leadership that has been lacking over the last 2 seasons and with a new boss, one who clearly knows how to motivate players, and the arrival of Cisse and maybe one or two additions to reinforce the team I think we can look forward to some real success this season
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Bench » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:25 am

Kenco. Most are being realistic. You must remember its pre season and optimism is high for all clubs. You have to admit that the squad we have, although underperforming is good. A new manager makes a major difference to any side in the short term, a new manager with a pedrigee sustains that difference, Rafa has pedigree. I think most of us have slated a few players that didn't cut it last year but I for one am quite willing to proved absolutely wrong by the new manager if certain players improve beyond our previous expectations.
The Bench

Postby barnesrush » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:43 am

kenco wrote:A half wit would get more out of the squad than G.H. but that still dose not mean that this present squad will be realistic contenders.We need WORLD CLASS players. Even our captain Stevie G has been quoted as saying has much. I say again don't get carried away by PRE SEASON RESULTS !!!!!  :oh:

did beni win la liga against teams like barcelona and real with a squad of world class players? come on jon carew was their main striker for a while!!!
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby kenco » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:59 am

The Bench wrote:Kenco. Most are being realistic. You must remember its pre season and optimism is high for all clubs. You have to admit that the squad we have, although underperforming is good. A new manager makes a major difference to any side in the short term, a new manager with a pedrigee sustains that difference, Rafa has pedigree. I think most of us have slated a few players that didn't cut it last year but I for one am quite willing to proved absolutely wrong by the new manager if certain players improve beyond our previous expectations.

I agree, but if you had paid to watch the sh*t iv'e been watching for the last few years you would know what i'am talking about. I don't care how good the new manager is. The complete and utter drivle i hear from these people who have never been to liverpool, let alone Anfield, makes me sick.Let me say it again for all you thick b*s t*rd's out there, the present squad is not good enough to win the league. End of story. If it was good enough why have'nt we won it . G.h. and his style of play did'nt help agreed.But he also bought  sh*t players, were still left with those same players. we need at least four world class players. [who do you think rafa is, the wisard of oz, harry potter] It's time to get real while we have the oportunity, this our last throw of the dice, we must get it right.WE have to buy. And buy the best.!!!!!!!!!!!
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:02 am

no one is saying we will win the league straight away but just confident we wil improve on last year and constantly keep improving the team as rafa gets to know his players and gets to complete his plans
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby The Bench » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:05 am

While we have different opinions, please don't accuse of me of never going to anfield. I also live in liverpool and have done all my life and have paid to watch the same S***e you have. (PS have just reread your post and if wasn't aimed at me then no worries- its just that you quoted my post)Maybe I'm just too optimistic!! If I wasn't I probably be a blue!!!! :;):
The Bench

Postby kenco » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:14 am

barnesrush wrote:no one is saying we will win the league straight away but just confident we wil improve on last year and constantly keep improving the team as rafa gets to know his players and gets to complete his plans

I am slowly loosing the will to live.         Don't you understand that no matter how good Rafa is he his only as good as his sqaud. IF he took over at Everton would you expect them to win the league? Shall I answer,     NO. You thick tw*t   :devil:
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion