Panic

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby thecatsmeow » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:57 pm

I know I am relatively new to the site but have been reading as a guest for awhile... but im starting to panic a little I hope to god that the management do not have the attitude of most people that post on here ... will u all stop living on our past reputation .. i can easily see us struggling mid table at the moment... have we improved on last seasons tem ..i think not... last season the premeirship was mediocre .. it will be harder next .... teams like boro.. newcastle.. birmingham and charlton will all be challenging for a top six spot as well as usual suspects ... no one has a right to anything in football look at what happened to Lids last season . owen has alrteady played his best game for us i cannot see him scoring 20 this season we need to get in some proven players not potential we dont have the time.
thecatsmeow

Postby charwell » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:55 pm

Don't talk utter rot. Cisse plus the manager alone equals big improvements!
charwell

Postby madred » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:58 pm

So you think having one of europe's best coaches and the hottest thing in French football is not going to make any difference? I believe we are already 20 odd points better off!
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:00 pm

are u hustler in disguise???
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby Dalglish » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:01 pm

Calm down lad !!!!!!! :D

Have to disagree with the cats meow on this one. The removal of Houllier and the introduction of a championship winning manager in the strongest league in Europe, the selling of Heskey and soon to go Diouff, the signing of Cisse and Baros's form in the Euro's and the signing of a centre back/right back are all steps int he right direction.

Personally I don't believe we will win the league this season so I'm not getting carried away but Kewell's second season, a rejuvanated Owen and the introduction of a quality midfielder hopefully  all  bode well for this season.

Walk on .........
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:02 pm

sorry that was harsh. no offence
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Postby JBG » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:04 pm

Catsmeow has a point, to a degree.

Some supporters are getting carried away, and a hell of a lot of work is required if we are to start challenging for the Premiership, but at the same time Benitez is one of the top two young coaches in Europe (the other being Jose Mourinho) and Cisse's record and performances in France have been very good.

I think we will be improved over last season, and I doubt the gap between us and the eventual winners will be 30 points again, but how great the improvement will be remains to be seen.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby madred » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:13 pm

Im not expecting miracle's in his first season and i wont be getting to carried away? I just want to see a promise of a more attacking Liverpool under Rafa and even if we get defeats as long as we can say that they still played well and not be walking out of Anfield pi**ed off saying they were s**t!
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thecatsmeow » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:55 pm

cisse on his own isnt going to make much difference ...just like the addition iof kewell last year did sod all ...no mistaking rafa's credentials but since when did european coach's reputations mean anything in premiership. plus he had a better team to work with man for man only stevie gerrard would get a look in.
thecatsmeow

Postby XSD » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:06 pm

thecatsmeow wrote:I know I am relatively new to the site but have been reading as a guest for awhile... but im starting to panic a little I hope to god that the management do not have the attitude of most people that post on here ... will u all stop living on our past reputation .. i can easily see us struggling mid table at the moment... have we improved on last seasons tem ..i think not... last season the premeirship was mediocre .. it will be harder next .... teams like boro.. newcastle.. birmingham and charlton will all be challenging for a top six spot as well as usual suspects ... no one has a right to anything in football look at what happened to Lids last season . owen has alrteady played his best game for us i cannot see him scoring 20 this season we need to get in some proven players not potential we dont have the time.

Anyone who considers Boro and Charlton as contenders is probably an idiot. Anyone who thinks Owen is past it and won't net 20 for us is definetely an idiot.
Sorry you obviously don't speak football, try English next.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:08 pm

thecatsmeow wrote:cisse on his own isnt going to make much difference ...just like the addition iof kewell last year did sod all ...no mistaking rafa's credentials but since when did european coach's reputations mean anything in premiership. plus he had a better team to work with man for man only stevie gerrard would get a look in.

Im guessing your a right bundle of sunshine around the house  ?  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lord Lucan » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:19 pm

I think hes also overlooked an inform Igor biscuit who is commanding rave revues for his "midfield performance" against celtic, Come on igor!!!!!!!!!!!!
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." Bill Shankly
Lord Lucan

Postby madred » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:26 pm

Unfair to judge Harry on last season. He started off the first few games on fire and then a combination of injury and being played out of position hampered him.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:27 pm

Catsmeow as a point, the squad is almost the same as last season. We need much more strength in dept, mostly in midfield and defence,which was clearly not good enough last season.I think we all agreed we needed at least four WORLD CLASS players to make us true contenders.Even rafa will struggle to make any sort of impact with this present squad.Lets not get carried away with the results of pre season games.We've been there before lets not make the same mistakes.THIS PRESENT SQUAD IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.!!!!!!!!!!!!  ???
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby barnesrush » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:38 pm

you might be very surprised. i expect rafa to sign one or maybe even 2 players at the most. the squads potential has always been better than recent results. even with no new additions i will be confident in a significant improvement over last year
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion