If liverpool finish outside top 4 - Gh gets the sack!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:33 am

I know some of you want GH to get the sack earlier, while some may even harken to some 5 year plan rubbish.

Not only is the my opinion, but my prediction as well, Liverpool aren't one to sack managers midseason, but if LFC finishes outside the top 4 in the EPL, GH will go.
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:50 am

I quite agree
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 116-1065305004 » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:01 am

come the end of the season if we dont finish in the top four GH should definitley go!
He cant stop blaming Abramovich's millions on his own teams failure!
Dont expect much he says!, who does he think we are Charlton Athletic? :angry:
116-1065305004

Postby JBG » Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:01 am

I also believe that David Moores will give Houllier the rest of the season, pretty much regardless of results.

I think the only conceivable way that Houllier might go before that is:

1) We go through a really bad run of results like last season, culminating in one or two terrible home defeats where the players show that they are not arsed and even one or two of them starts complaining.

2) On top of that, Owen and maybe Gerrard refuse to sign new contracts.

I don't think we will go 13 games without a win again, it won't get as bad as that, but I could see us having a few shaky patches which will leave us finishing 5th. Houllier will blame it on "growing pains", "rebuilding" or "my players are still very young" and then declare that "I know what I'm doing. Me and the board have a long term plan here".

Unfortunately, I could see us all back here next November still complaining about Houllier.   :(  :(  :(
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:15 pm

I hope the board would sack Houllier if we finished outside the top 4, but i'm starting to have a bad feeling that we will finish outside the top four(5) and Mr Houllier will still be here.

Please David Moores set Houllier some clear objectives and targets.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oldredeyes » Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:56 pm

I think GH has already been given some clear expectations and targets, not just by David Moores but by some of his players and the thousands and thousands of fans who hate to see our team under-performing. I don't think GH is under any illusions about what is expected and if we don't get into the top four I think he will resign before he gets the chop(probably to take up a job already in the pipeline). The thing is that this team is just bubbling and promising without delivering - but with the right additions could be a real threat to the top three. It will be interesting to see who comes in during the transfer window, and who goes out! I just want us to get back to the top  like the rest of you fans out there in cyber space. GH does have this Houdini thing about him though......I wonder!
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:19 pm

oldredeyes wrote:The thing is that this team is just bubbling and promising without delivering - but with the right additions could be a real threat to the top three. It will be interesting to see who comes in during the transfer window, and who goes out!

Fair enough, but people have been saying that for ther last 12 years.

In Roy Evans' day we were told that apparently all we needed was one last player, a holding midfielder. Paul Ince was bought and then the whole team collapsed.

Houllier said in the summer of 2002 that the team were only short one or two players of winning the Premiership and Champions League. He has brought in the following since:

Salif Diao
Bruno Cheyrou
El Hadj Diouff
Alou Diarra (out on loan)
Patrice Luzi
Carl Medjani
Harry Kewell
Steve Finnan
Florent Sinama Pongolle
Anthony Le Tallec

Yet we are still a million miles from winning the big prizes.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Red » Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:42 am

I actually think we have the players now. GH is clearly a good building manager, he's not an Arsen Wenger, buts he's good.

So when we finish 5th or 6th at the end of the season and he resigns/gets sack what we need is a good, "on the day" or motivating/gelling manager. Alex Ferguson is clearly someone who can motivate his players at half time to come out and be a different team, or after a bad match (eg Fullham) the next team doesnt expect an easy one. Why? cos we all know Alex ripped through his multi million dollar stars like a hot knife through butter and they bloody better perform this game ....

I am not suggesting we get "Taggart" as our manager, what I am eluding to is we need someone who motivates. GH would probably make a better Chairman then manager.
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Sat Nov 08, 2003 8:22 pm

Liverpool needs to get rid of GH regardless of the final standing in the Premiership, barring of course winning the chanpionship which will not happen while he's around. His player purchasing record is cr@p, his tactics are cr@p and he clearly has taken Liverpool as far as he can. It is time to move on with another manager who can take us to a higher level.
Perhaps he makes a better "Director of Football".
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion