What position will liverpool finish in the prem

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:25 pm

Kewell,Hyypia are the players that worry me. Kewell is out of form and it will take some time before he gets back to his form with the new program he is under and Hyypia isn't the same defender he once was.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:27 pm

bigmick wrote:Red, me and you agree on the Cisse thing but now is not the time to get into all that. The blokes leg looks like one of my old Subbuteo players after me and me brother had had a punch up and rolled about on the pitch.
Josemi at two million doesn't look like a bad buy to me. He's definately taken a dip but has shown enough to make me think he'll pay back his meagre fee.
Garcia, by the nature of the way he plays is never going to be an "in the trenches" sort of guy. He'll come good. Got too much ability not to. He's one that I'll happily "give time". He's shown the class and quality so a year to acclimatize to the pace of the Premiership is a given for me.
Alonso ditto but to a lesser extent. Looks just about the best passer of a football in the Premiership to me and not a worry in the slightest. If we stuck him on the market in January and asked 20 million for him we'd get it. Class, quality and youth rolled into one. If you're going to worry about players like Alonso Red a life on valium and various other tranquilizers beckons. C'mon mate, you know your football. Believe what you saw. You saw good players six weeks ago. You know it, I know it. They'll come good, it's some of the others that are the worry.

:cool: Another top post Mick once again.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:11 am

a lot of teams we once thought were well bellow us are now almost our equal.instead of us hanging onto the mancs arsenal and chelsea. we are now in the second division fighting for a place in europe with the likes of everton bolton and aston villa, what a sad thing to say. but it's true.:( :(
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:37 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:4th.

There's a long way to go yet and we are in a far better position than the likes of Boro, Bolton and Everton to weather a long campaign.

How are we better prepared? We have like half a squad  :sleepy:
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:12 am

bigmick wrote:Red, me and you agree on the Cisse thing but now is not the time to get into all that. The blokes leg looks like one of my old Subbuteo players after me and me brother had had a punch up and rolled about on the pitch.
Josemi at two million doesn't look like a bad buy to me. He's definately taken a dip but has shown enough to make me think he'll pay back his meagre fee.
Garcia, by the nature of the way he plays is never going to be an "in the trenches" sort of guy. He'll come good. Got too much ability not to. He's one that I'll happily "give time". He's shown the class and quality so a year to acclimatize to the pace of the Premiership is a given for me.
Alonso ditto but to a lesser extent. Looks just about the best passer of a football in the Premiership to me and not a worry in the slightest. If we stuck him on the market in January and asked 20 million for him we'd get it. Class, quality and youth rolled into one. If you're going to worry about players like Alonso Red a life on valium and various other tranquilizers beckons. C'mon mate, you know your football. Believe what you saw. You saw good players six weeks ago. You know it, I know it. They'll come good, it's some of the others that are the worry.

i think you are both wrong about cisse
but we cant really see whos right
but i think we will pull out for 4th again
but i think we might give man u a run for your money
a big surprise this year i believe will be man city i think they can pull something off this year
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:12 am

well these posts r entertaining

i hope we win the bloody league, however that seems unlikely
My only question is about the villas boltons and evertons, they arnt their by luck and the table don't lie
i don't understand why people think its our god given right to get a certain position like 3rd or forth becuase we are Liverpool.
Yes we have injurys and January gives us a chance to buy new players
But i ask, what will change then
because everyone we seem to buy NEEDS TIME to settle as I keep getting told
Fair enough
The only way i can see us getting out of this mess is by buying established premiership players in January who will not need time to adjust.
Angel-villa
Anelka and Fowler-Man city
you get the idea
Every player we seem to be linked with is based abroad mainly spain.
I'm only saying here what others say in other posts when a new player isnt performing. GIVE HIM TIME
Fact is in January we won't have that much time
Interesting times ahead
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:34 am

bigmick wrote:Red, me and you agree on the Cisse
Josemi at two million doesn't look like a bad buy to me.  Garcia, by the nature of the way he plays is never going to be an "in the trenches" sort of guy. He'll come good.
Alonso ditto but to a lesser extent. Looks just about the best passer of a football in the Premiership to me and not a worry

Mick, I do not disagree with taking the optimistic view.
It just occured to me that last years team, struggled to make 4th slot. Since then we have lost MO and the improvements that have been made to the team currently have the appearance of not making the desired impact. Hence a nervousness that we will not make 4th this year !!
However, there is one significant addition to last years make-up and that is a new Manager and Coaching team. This may work against us in the short term, while they come to learn what it is like to play the likes of Bolton, Charlton, Birmingham and Middlesborough on cold, wet, winter day's in the premiership. However, the longer term prospects for the team look brighter than they did under the Houllier / Thompson regime.
On the point of playing in 'orrible weather, maybe this a factor in the lapsed performance of the Spanish guy's !!  :)   :)
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:37 am

Yer they are looking very pale due to the english weather.
Josemi looked like a ghost on saturday :D
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 1234ram » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:01 pm

they should be able to get 4th
1234ram

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:28 pm

Steve McManamans brother in laws best mates sister told me we'll finish 6th - she can see the future you know!

She's called Mystic Sharon - ooooooooooooooooo
Last edited by Roger Red Hat on Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 1234ram » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:31 pm

yeah right
1234ram

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion