Liverpool team at current situation (first 11) - Still room for improvement

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby gerrard_steven » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:47 pm

Kirkland

Josemi/Finann   Henchoz         Hyypia      Riise

??????            Gerrard          Hamann     Kewell(injured)

Owen           Cisse/Baros

say Rafa signs a central defender fair enuff the defense will be fairly strong with a probably arrival of collocini, but the midfield is weak and poor and lacks creativity, Gerrard world class we need say more bout im, but kewells injured at the moment and may miss beggining of season wot happens then hes quality when fit and raring to go, hamann ive always seds hes quality and very under rated but hes losing pace and ageing on a bit now so need a class central midfielder now maybe young welsh can step into his boots, and right sided midfield 4get injuries who would play there when there are no injuries and have a very good impact there, the answer is no1 again maybe rafa has seen something in patridge or another youngter but things are not looknig good , the only real postions i can say im really happy with and have the ability to compete with any1 are the strikers and the goalkeeping situation. I am a optmistic fan but honesty without spenidng money where does next season play for us?
gerrard_steven

Postby akumaface » Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:07 pm

I think either murphy or Riise may take up left midfield if Kewell is unable to go. As for Henchoz, I don't think he will be the starting central defender as of now. Most likely with be Garragher if there is no more buy. The only question mark I have is the right midfield....Maybe Finnan will be moved there. Anyway, hope Rafa can bring out the best of everyone cause we're gonna need it with the player we have on hand.:)
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby BringBackTiti » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:13 am

at the moment id have murphy on the right but we should buy some one to play there who has a bit of pace that would do me
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:59 am

Josemi can play centre half so it'sll be Carra/ Finnan Josemi Hyppia and Riise IMO.

Hamann is solid but i think we need to have a new partner for Stevie G in centre mid and of course a right midfielder, both of quality, then our sqayd will be very strong.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:11 pm

at the moment i personally don't think that we have the ideal players to play in a 4-4-2 formation until we sign a quality right winger. the problem with 4-4-2 is that players who play "in the hole" such as cheyrou, smicer, le tallec don't fit into this system. what is wrong with a setup like this for example?

kirkland

josemi           hyypia          carragher

finnan                                                              riise

hamann          gerrard

kewell

owen                cisse

i'm not for one second suggesting that this is how we should play. it's just an interesting variation on 4-4-2 when our wide players kewell and murphy tend to come inwards and compress the play all the time.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby whylongball? » Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:41 pm

to stmichael, the formation looks very strong defensively. But i dont know if it can work in EPL.....
whylongball?

Postby gerrard_steven » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:00 pm

nar stmichael at the minute i think your right  with the players weve got thats probably the best formation we could play and not a bad 1 at that be we are missing a midfielder other than gerrard who can create sum chances from nothing and give the front 2 sum good chances
gerrard_steven

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:55 pm

i think thats probly the best option we have if rafa doesnt buy a right mid player. strong defensively and riise and finnan can join the attack
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion