Itandje - Another keeper, really?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby burjennio » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:36 pm

from Sky Sports News:

Reds in Itandje talks
Carson could join Villa on loan
By Andrew Scurr   Last updated: 9th August 2007

Itandje: Reds talks
Liverpool are in talks to sign Lens goalkeeper Charles Itandje, which will allow Scott Carson to join Aston Villa on loan.
Itandje's future appears to be away from Lens after the French club brought in two new goalkeepers and Villa themselves have been previously linked with the 24-year-old earlier in the summer.
Rafa Benitez has confirmed Liverpool are negotiating with a goalkeeper with a view to bringing him in as Jose Reina's back-up.
"We are close and maybe we can do something (today)," Benitez told Sky Sports News.

Carson to Villa
Itandje's arrival would allow Carson to spend another season out on loan after a successful year at Charlton last term.

The England Under 21 keeper is keen to be playing regularly and Benitez will allow him to leave if he brings in a suitable replacement.

"We were talking before about this, Scott and me, he wants to play every game, every week," Benitez said.
"We are analysing the situation and if we can do something, Aston Villa is very interested, then maybe it will be an option.
"I explained to him we need another goalkeeper because we cannot say he can leave if we don't have a very good goalkeeper.
"We are working on this and if everything can be done we will try to help him.
"We want to send Scott on loan, we don't want to sell him, and if we can do this then I think it can be positive for everyone."

Deadline

Benitez confirmed a deal for Itandje will have to be struck before 11pm on Thursday, when Liverpool must register their players for the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round.

He added: "If we can register a new goalkeeper then Scott can go, if we cannot he must stay with us at least two more weeks."

Guys i really cannot believe we're looking at another goalkeeper, Why can Scott Carson, fight for his place instead of whinging about lack of first team opportunities? Maybe if you didn't let players from Chinese pub sides score past you from 40yards Scott, eh?

So does anyone know anything about this guy? Record, age, favourite colour that kind a thing?
burjennio

Postby burjennio » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:56 pm

And BBC website is now reporting this is a done deal

bbc link
burjennio

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:43 pm

To be honest, I think everyone can be happy with that. Carson won't be sulking all season watching his Euro Championships hopes ebb away, and we'll still have a good, young back up that's got something about him.

I like Itandje - he's a former under 21s international for France, really athletic and agile, and - best of all - does a weird little shimmy on the goal-line when he's facing penalties. He'll fit right in. :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby Rafa D » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:47 pm

I'm still largely undecided on whether Scott Carson actually has a future here at Liverpool Football Club.

Sure he came to the club with teams like us and Chelsea chasing after his signature and by all accounts he had an excellent season at Charlton, even winning there "Player Of the Season 2006/07" award which is quite astounding considering the fact he is a goalkeeper and only 23 years of age.

However, the fact that Charlton conceded about 10 + shots per game means that he was always going to look a bit better than he was and the more important factor is the age of Jose Reina.

He's the best keeper we've had between the sticks for absolutely ages and still only 25, thats a good 8 - 10 years as long as he doesn't want to leave and I seriously cannot see Carson displacing him within the next 10 years.

Carson's young, hunger and most importantly English, if these bids of £6m from Man City are to be believed, I would of had serious thoughts about shipping the yokel on.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:38 pm

http://www.sitercl.com/Fichejo/I/itandjec.htm

can someone please translate? its in french
maypaxvobiscum

Postby The_Rock » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:03 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:http://www.sitercl.com/Fichejo/I/itandjec.htm

It says........"more than meets the eye".....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:07 am

burjennio wrote:from Sky Sports News:

Reds in Itandje talks
Carson could join Villa on loan
By Andrew Scurr   Last updated: 9th August 2007

Itandje: Reds talks
Liverpool are in talks to sign Lens goalkeeper Charles Itandje, which will allow Scott Carson to join Aston Villa on loan.
Itandje's future appears to be away from Lens after the French club brought in two new goalkeepers and Villa themselves have been previously linked with the 24-year-old earlier in the summer.
Rafa Benitez has confirmed Liverpool are negotiating with a goalkeeper with a view to bringing him in as Jose Reina's back-up.
"We are close and maybe we can do something (today)," Benitez told Sky Sports News.

Carson to Villa
Itandje's arrival would allow Carson to spend another season out on loan after a successful year at Charlton last term.

The England Under 21 keeper is keen to be playing regularly and Benitez will allow him to leave if he brings in a suitable replacement.

"We were talking before about this, Scott and me, he wants to play every game, every week," Benitez said.
"We are analysing the situation and if we can do something, Aston Villa is very interested, then maybe it will be an option.
"I explained to him we need another goalkeeper because we cannot say he can leave if we don't have a very good goalkeeper.
"We are working on this and if everything can be done we will try to help him.
"We want to send Scott on loan, we don't want to sell him, and if we can do this then I think it can be positive for everyone."

Deadline

Benitez confirmed a deal for Itandje will have to be struck before 11pm on Thursday, when Liverpool must register their players for the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round.

He added: "If we can register a new goalkeeper then Scott can go, if we cannot he must stay with us at least two more weeks."

Guys i really cannot believe we're looking at another goalkeeper, Why can Scott Carson, fight for his place instead of whinging about lack of first team opportunities? Maybe if you didn't let players from Chinese pub sides score past you from 40yards Scott, eh?

So does anyone know anything about this guy? Record, age, favourite colour that kind a thing?

hes a good young keeper on lma manager other then that your guess is as good as mine mate
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:59 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Sure he came to the club with teams like us and Chelsea chasing after his signature

If you remember he was promised more first team football and that is why he turned down Chelsea.

I think he will be England's keeper eventually and loaning him out now is only good for both sides. He will improve as he is young and I think we should keep him but he will only improve if he plays regularly. I think loaning him out is the best option and I don't blame him for wanting to play regularly.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:00 am

The_Rock wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:http://www.sitercl.com/Fichejo/I/itandjec.htm

It says........"more than meets the eye".....

lol!
arphexad in disguise?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Big Niall » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:59 pm

Whats the story with loans? Do LFC receive any cash or is it just a case of Villa paying his wages?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion