Itandje see yer later loser

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:49 pm

Me and nanny where disgusted by this idiots behaviour at the memorial, he thought it was a big joke. fair play to Plessis who himself couldnt believe it and Godwin Antwi. Get out of our club you disrespectfull :censored:.

Liverpool FC's Charles Itandje in Hillsborough storm
Apr 17 2009 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

Liverpool's goalkeeper Charles Itandje _300
CHARLES ITANDJE’S Liverpool career could be in jeopardy following allegations that he behaved inappropriately at Wednesday’s Hillsborough memorial service.

Television footage of the event appeared to show the out of favour keeper fooling around during the ceremony and senior officials at Liverpool are already looking into the incident with a view to taking disciplinary action against him.

Hundreds of outraged Liverpool supporters have complained about Itandje’s behaviour on internet message boards with most pointing out that his behaviour was totally at odds with the solemn occasion which commemorated the 20th anniversary of the Hillsborough tragedy in which 96 Reds fans lost their lives.

The rest of the Liverpool squad conducted themselves impeccably during the service, as did members of the youth and reserve teams who were also present.

A senior Anfield figure who has viewed the footage from Wednesday’s service admitted to the ECHO that Itandje’s behaviour on Wednesday was “wholly unacceptable” and confirmed that the club is looking into the possibility of taking appropriate action against the 26-year-old.

Rafa Benitez is also said to be disgusted having seen the images himself having been alerted to the issue and has moved swiftly to seek action against the player.

Itandje joined Liverpool on a free transfer in the summer of 2007 and the former Lens man has only featured in seven first team games since then with his last appearance coming in last season’s shock FA Cup exit at the hands of Barnsley.

Though he retains a squad number, Itandje has not been included in Benitez’s first team squad all season and unsuccessful attempts have been made to offload him in the last two transfer windows.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpo....3408154
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:51 pm

Does anyone have a link to the vid showing this? Not that I do not believe it but id if possible like to see it myself.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:52 pm

Liverpool to offload Charles Itandje after his Hillsborough service antics• Goalkeeper Itandje laughed during tribute to Hillsborough dead
• Club will fine Frenchman then dump him in the summer
Digg it Andy Hunter guardian.co.uk, Friday 17 April 2009 11.48 BST Article history
Charles Itandje, right, who misbehaved during the Hillsborough service on Wednesday, has not played for Liverpool's first team since this defeat to Barnsley in February, 2008. Photograph: Pete Byrne/PA

Liverpool will intensify their efforts to off-load Charles Itandje this summer after the reserve goalkeeper behaved offensively during the Hillsborough memorial service at Anfield on Wednesday.

The French goalkeeper was spotted laughing and acting the fool by TV cameras at the service to mark the 20th anniversary of the deaths of 96 Liverpool supporters at Hillsborough. Members of the congregation afterwards complained about Itandje's behaviour, which was in stark contrast to the solemn occasion and that of the rest of the Liverpool squad. Rafael Benítez, the team manager, is understood to be livid with the 26-year-old having studied the complaints and the footage.

Anfield officials have described Itandje's behaviour as "wholly unacceptable" and are exploring the maximum punishment they can impose on the player with their legal advisers. He is unlikely to play for the club again.

Itandje has made seven first-team appearances since joining Liverpool on a free transfer from Lens in 2007, but has not started a senior game since the FA Cup defeat by Barnsley last season. He does, however, remain a registered member of the first-team squad and still has over two years to run on his Liverpool contract.

Attempts to sell Itandje to several clubs last summer, including Galatasaray, were thwarted by the goalkeeper's personal demands, but Benítez will renew efforts to part with Itandje at the next available opportunity.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/footbal....verpool
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:53 pm

Anyone know what he was laughing about? If it was some sort of private joke then maybe there is also someone else who instigated this? Just thinking. He is way out of line though.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:53 pm

disgraceful
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:54 pm

When I was reading yesterday the reports of some of the posters, I was hoping it was a few unfortunate seconds, or something like that. But it seems that his behaviour was indeed unacceptable.

He doesn't even have the excuse of being 17 and too young, he's 26.

Independently of how good you are I think Liverpool players have to be worthy of the shirt they wear. Something must be done in this case.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:54 pm

Does anyone have the vid?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Bye.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby burjennio » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:56 pm

one thinks that stevies 1st training session back might involve a bit of a head high 2 footer on this clown
burjennio

Postby Ciggy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:01 pm

bavlondon wrote:Anyone know what he was laughing about? If it was some sort of private joke then maybe there is also someone else who instigated this? Just thinking. He is way out of line though.

When the Tradgedy song was being sung, he was trying to wind plessis up, knocking his legs swaying fom side to side and laughing, bareing in mind he was sitting inbetween the Hillsborough victims familes, who where not best pleased.

When I seen him doing it I thought WTF is he playing at couldnt believe it, Plessis was horrified.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/media/freecli ... 9_high.asx

Skip 54:40 into the clip

The people behinds glare at him is enough, giving where they are sitting these people where relatives.

Last edited by Ciggy on Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:03 pm

You cant see much in the vid but you could see it in the live pictures they broadcasted .

The guy should be booted out straight away and any remaining wages that he thinks he should get should go to the justice campaign
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:11 pm

Ciggy wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Anyone know what he was laughing about? If it was some sort of private joke then maybe there is also someone else who instigated this? Just thinking. He is way out of line though.

When the Tradgedy song was being sung, he was trying to wind plessis up, knocking his legs swaying fom side to side and laughing, bareing in mind he was sitting inbetween the Hillsborough victims familes, who where not best pleased.

When I seen him doing it I thought WTF is he playing at couldnt believe it, Plessis was horrified.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/media/freecli ... 9_high.asx

Skip 54:40 into the clip

The people behinds glare at him is enough, giving where they are sitting these people where relatives.

Thanks. How rude and disrespectful. If he has any respect towards the families he will issue an apology immediatley. It makes the club look bad too.  :(
Last edited by tubby on Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:16 pm

What an Idiot.... kick his a$$ out of the club.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:17 pm

Why wasnt Damien suited up instead of trackies?

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:18 pm

bavlondon wrote:Why wasnt Damien suited up instead of trackies?

They had to travel straight away to Birmingham after the service.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion