Chris Kirkland
12%
Jose Reina
58%
Scott Carson
12%

Total votes : 50

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:33 pm

Arsenal are ready to offer Liverpool £4m for injury-cursed goalkeeper Chris Kirkland, who is currently on loan at West Brom (Express).

HAving seen this it got me wondering who everyone thinks is the clubs best keeper at the moment. I don't think it's even worth discussing this pointless transfer speculation simply because Kirkland is on loan until the end of the season and as there is a world cup next summer this is a story that will probably disappear into the rumours black hole that they all end up disappearing into.
For what it's worth i think that long term Carson is probably our best keeper and could make the no.1 shirt his own for the best part of the next 2 decades.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:02 am

dudek's out the picture but we have 3 quality keppers there...

Reina is young and if he improves his decision making and coming out for crosses could be a quality keeper.
Carson from what av seen looks class.
Kirkland has always had potentiol but is prone to injury...

3 great keepers and a good choice to have for rafa
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:55 am

As is known Kirkland is injury prone , I dont think he is a top notch goal keeper in my honest opinion. When he has played a couple of occasions that stick in my mind is the goal he conceeded against Everton at Goodison. Carsley I think was the scorer , for my money he should of saved that and the Rivaldo free-kick against Olympiacos.
Mind you its always the bad ones that stick in your mind.

Scott Carson- I havent had the pleasure of watching him to often , Ive only seen him play against Juve , Ive heard he has had some decent games though and looks a bright prospect.

Reina- Jury is still out on him for me , at times his decision making has been pretty eratic  ie flapping for corners etc.... Seems a good shot stopper but maybe we should judge him at the end of the season.

Dudek- I may get slated for this but I think he is still our best keeper , especially if he could get back to the form he was at a couple of years ago.
The mans confidence was shot to pieces after the Forlan goal or goals against ManUre and since then it has pretty much spiralled down hill from there.
He is a a good shot stopper , he has fantastic agility and he usually looks comfortable with the ball at his feet.
I think he could command his box a lot better , and sometimes his decision making may lapse a bit . But overall I think he has great ability but maybe lacks the confidence , and I also think Rafa is either looking to sell him or Kirkland .
66-1112520797

Postby The_Rock » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:07 am

i also perfer dudek (i know it might be shocking for some...). Yes, he will have some clangers....but on his day, he is one the best goalies .........
Last edited by The_Rock on Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:10 am

Reina's my first choice. His shot-stopping is as good or better than Jerzy's. He has the attitude you want in a 'keeper and looks relaxed and confident, even when he's made an error. That for me is the difference between him and Dudek (our 2nd best GK, IMO). Jerzy (although not playing yet) always looks frightened, even before an error.
If Dudek could recapture the form of his first season for us, he'd be as good as Cech.
It's doubtful though.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:05 am

Jerzy has never looked the same after that nightmare in the World Cup. Kirkland has never impressed me in a Liverpool shirt - maybe he can't handle the pressure at a big club.
I think the Gaffers got it right with Reina and Carson being first and second choice respectively.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AwiLas » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:14 am

Most of us judge Reina as the best in Pool. What abt Dudek.?. I still think that he is better that at least Tim Howard of Man U...
AwiLas

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:15 am

RUSHIE#9 wrote:
Arsenal are ready to offer Liverpool £4m for injury-cursed goalkeeper Chris Kirkland, who is currently on loan at West Brom (Express).

HAving seen this it got me wondering who everyone thinks is the clubs best keeper at the moment. I don't think it's even worth discussing this pointless transfer speculation simply because Kirkland is on loan until the end of the season and as there is a world cup next summer this is a story that will probably disappear into the rumours black hole that they all end up disappearing into.
For what it's worth i think that long term Carson is probably our best keeper and could make the no.1 shirt his own for the best part of the next 2 decades.

I thin kReina is our best keeper.

Rushie, can I ask how old you are ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby primodua » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:41 am

I pick Reina for his sharpness during intense situations. I pick Carson for his consistencies in the club. But having said those, I'd prefer Carson. He'll be our Seaman; never turn his back against the club. Always reliable and always ready.

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby hawkmoon269 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:10 pm

I wonder if Dudek will be sold in January.  He is obviously third choice now.  He was fit for the Palace game, when Carson played, but didn't feature.
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:43 pm

Does anyone know what we are going to do with Carson. He is 20 and and Reina's 24/25, I cant see Rafa bringing Carson into the first team for at least a few years, Does anyone know what Rafa has planned for him?
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *XABIALONSO* » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:35 pm

Reina definetly hes a class goalkeeper and 23 goalkeepers go on to play till there late 30's so dont be suprosed if soon hes the best around
Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.        BILL SHANKLY
*XABIALONSO*

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:47 pm

reina is a class keeper
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby 2520years » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:52 pm

Espionage wrote:Does anyone know what we are going to do with Carson. He is 20 and and Reina's 24/25, I cant see Rafa bringing Carson into the first team for at least a few years, Does anyone know what Rafa has planned for him?

I assume the plan is that these two will be competing for the jersey for the next few seasons.

I'd be happy to sell Kirkland.  He's brilliant when he's fit, but he's no good to anyone if he keeps getting injured.  Dudek will probably go in the summer too.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby drummerphil » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:19 pm

not totally convinced with any of them really.Reina still has lot to prove and maybe this is a romantic view but after May and the CL final.....i still think Dudek deserves another chance.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion