The goal that never was. - America.

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:24 pm

On SNN last week they did a pice on a football team in America that was taking the result of a game to court in a bid to get in over turned.
The ref gave a goal in the the 91st min, the goal was offside by about 5 yeards

On SNN they said the result COULD have am inpact on football world wide as other teams might try this if the result is over turned.

well i have looked on the net and have not been able to find anything on this, i was think if any of our members know anything.

also how do you feel about results going to court.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:16 pm

If it happens I would put money on Chelsea questioning THAT Garcia goal :laugh:
destro

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm

destro wrote:If it happens I would put money on Chelsea questioning THAT Garcia goal :laugh:

lol that would be even money
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:21 am

lakes10 wrote:On SNN last week they did a pice on a football team in America that was taking the result of a game to court in a bid to get in over turned.
The ref gave a goal in the the 91st min, the goal was offside by about 5 yeards

On SNN they said the result COULD have am inpact on football world wide as other teams might try this if the result is over turned.

well i have looked on the net and have not been able to find anything on this, i was think if any of our members know anything.

also how do you feel about results going to court.

This is the kind of thing that worries me about  Americans and football, since they've jumped on the soccer bandwagon and held the WC in 94' they asked FIFA for four quarters in a game. So they could fit in their adverts, Pom poms and all that Razmatazz, can stay over the other side of the pond as far as I'm concerned with its plasticly manufactured commercial swing on things.

I dont mind them participating in the sport, but what comes with that where the Yanks are concerned IMO, is that they'll want to change the rules of the game, maybe 3 points for a goal, no offsides to make it more entertaining for them. Like Australians many Yanks find the sport boring, especially if it ends 0-0.

As for the appeal in this case, Judge Judy or whomever should just throw it out. Okay the goal was wrongly given, all teams get their fair share of $hit luck, just as much as good luck. I feel digusted when anything ever goes against Liverpool and take my anger out on people here  :D . But heaven forbid when we get courts involved with pooldecisions and the game itself in general.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Judge » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:08 pm

i think video ref is required in the game now, due to the money that can be won or lost. Moreover, some teams have been wrongly relegated due to a poor decision
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:06 pm

Judge wrote:i think video ref is required in the game now, due to the money that can be won or lost. Moreover, some teams have been wrongly relegated due to a poor decision

i agree. and i didnt even edit your post
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:48 pm

Well i have not hread this myself yet but i have been told that the Case is now over, the court did not overturn the result but give award the team the money they have missed out on due to the result (must have been a cup game or for 1st place)

I think a video ref is a good idea but when can they be used, say the ball is cleard off the line and the other team gets the chance to make a break for the other end, do you run up to the ref and ask him to stop play as you was sure it was over the line (even if you know it was not). this will stop the other team from getting the chance at the other end.

not sure how it would work myself.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:55 pm

lakes10 wrote:Well i have not hread this myself yet but i have been told that the Case is now over, the court did not overturn the result but give award the team the money they have missed out on due to the result (must have been a cup game or for 1st place)

I think a video ref is a good idea but when can they be used, say the ball is cleard off the line and the other team gets the chance to make a break for the other end, do you run up to the ref and ask him to stop play as you was sure it was over the line (even if you know it was not). this will stop the other team from getting the chance at the other end.

Thats the sticking point right there lakes. It's the whole business of having to stop the game for these incidents to be looked at. The only way forward for this kind of thing that I can see is to have a microchip embedded in the ball and sensors placed around the goal frame. When they sense the ball passing through their field of vision they then give out a signal (light flashing behind the goal or summit) a la Ice Hockey so then everybody knows the ball's gone in.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:14 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Well i have not hread this myself yet but i have been told that the Case is now over, the court did not overturn the result but give award the team the money they have missed out on due to the result (must have been a cup game or for 1st place)

Thats the sticking point right there lakes. It's the whole business of having to stop the game for these incidents to be looked at. The only way forward for this kind of thing that I can see is to have a microchip embedded in the ball and sensors placed around the goal frame. When they sense the ball passing through their field of vision they then give out a signal (light flashing behind the goal or summit) a la Ice Hockey so then everybody knows the ball's gone in.

It seems that would be the way to go, but what next? microchip embedded into players to see if they was offside lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion