Liverpool close to lucas deal - Another midfielder?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Sat May 12, 2007 12:32 pm

That was joke by the way! :D :p  He was boss against Deportivo though wasn't he!?
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat May 12, 2007 12:38 pm

didnt i read somewhere hes brazils under 21 captain? he cant be that bad... sounds like a good buy to me. a roving midfielder who can stay back but plays box to box. an engine with ability
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SambaPrince » Sun May 13, 2007 11:25 pm

one of the reasons why LFC are so far behind teams like barcelona man u etc is because they invest in players with flare and are willing to pay money money for them e.g ronaldo and ronaldinho we buy players like zenden bellamy pennant gonzalez ardebola                                                           p.s we need to buy Nani torres simao eto tevez gamst pederson danni alves  daniel carvalho(CSKA) oo yer look out for a teen  called Kerlon braziillian wonderkid hes on youtube
SambaPrince

Postby Sabre » Sun May 13, 2007 11:50 pm

SambaPrince wrote:one of the reasons why LFC are so far behind teams like barcelona man u etc is because they invest in players with flare and are willing to pay money money for them e.g ronaldo and ronaldinho we buy players like zenden bellamy pennant gonzalez ardebola                                                           p.s we need to buy Nani torres simao eto tevez gamst pederson danni alves  daniel carvalho(CSKA) oo yer look out for a teen  called Kerlon braziillian wonderkid hes on youtube

Not the best first post I've read. The most insulting thing is not to say we're far behind teams that won't be in Athens, but the etcetera. That etc, depressed me.   :down:

I also hope the poster has seen both the CSKA player and the Brazilian during some 90 min games in the TV at least, not youtube.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sun May 13, 2007 11:56 pm

SambaPrince wrote:one of the reasons why LFC are so far behind teams like barcelona man u etc is because they invest in players with flare and are willing to pay money money for them e.g ronaldo and ronaldinho we buy players like zenden bellamy pennant gonzalez ardebola                                                           p.s we need to buy Nani torres simao eto tevez gamst pederson danni alves  daniel carvalho(CSKA) oo yer look out for a teen  called Kerlon braziillian wonderkid hes on youtube

Ya big meff
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Scottbot » Mon May 14, 2007 12:30 am

Stange signing this one. Maybe this kid could be so good that Rafa simply couldn't pass up the opportunity to sign him? Definately not a need signing because our 4 centre-mids are hardly ageing. Stevie is the oldest and he must be what?..27? He looks like a promising player on the youtube clips. Looks like he can run/dribble with the ball and that is something Xabi/Masch/Momo all lack.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lio » Mon May 14, 2007 10:12 am

Thks for your brief intro on Lucas and you also mentioned  ...

Gremio Gaucho wrote:. . . the genious striker Alexandre Pato(top-scorer)

Our bros, the Norwegian Liverpool site are linking us to this 17yr wonder-striker nick 'the duck' who plays for Internacional. Is very highly-rated & pricing @ ~12mil pound. Understand that's no confirmation of any approach being made by us as yet but this kid is interesting too ...
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2006....85.html

http://www.liverpool.no/cda....tzone=0
lio

Postby spion » Tue May 15, 2007 9:52 pm

£8 million & twenty years old. Lucas is a player that Benitez obviously intends to be playing more than a bit part role in the coming season which leads me to believe that either Alonso (Barca) or Sissoko (Juve) will be leaving in the summer. New money seems to be giving Rafa a new broom as well. I personally will be gutted to see either go & worry that a settled proven player will be moved on to allow a young south American to slot in. Momo has had a bad season due to injuries & loss of form but I feel that he is still a major asset to the team. The only thing that seems to have been left out regarding Lucas is that he can play rightback & right wing so maybe he'll be utilised in other areas.
spion

Postby GRIMM599 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:42 pm

Whats the chances that Lucas will be playing tonight? I havent seen him play.... heres hoping:laugh:
GRIMM599

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:22 pm

spion wrote:£8 million & twenty years old. Lucas is a player that Benitez obviously intends to be playing more than a bit part role in the coming season which leads me to believe that either Alonso (Barca) or Sissoko (Juve) will be leaving in the summer. New money seems to be giving Rafa a new broom as well. I personally will be gutted to see either go & worry that a settled proven player will be moved on to allow a young south American to slot in. Momo has had a bad season due to injuries & loss of form but I feel that he is still a major asset to the team. The only thing that seems to have been left out regarding Lucas is that he can play rightback & right wing so maybe he'll be utilised in other areas.

I personally believe Lucas will replace Zenden in the squad, as AFAICT he can play anywhere in the midfield.

Of course - I could be wrong. :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:09 pm

daniel alves is in the squad for brazil for tonights game, will be eager to see how he does.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:22 pm

2006 :  Lucas (Grêmio)
2005 :  Carlos Tévez (Corinthians)
2004 :  Robinho (Santos FC)
2003 :  Alex (Cruzeiro)
2002 :  Kaká (São Paulo FC)

Golden ball winners from the last 5 years.

Bloody right
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby mikopool » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:35 pm

Lucas youtube

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but wait a couple seconds for the freeze frames to end and there are a series of goals/sprints/long low cutting passes.

I am very excited about seeing him in the Liverpool kit
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:51 pm

IF you could really judge the quality of a player from a 4minute youtube video then I'd say I was extremely excited by the prospect of seeing this lad play for Liverpool. However a bit of editing might just be able to make Salif Diao look like a footballer :p so I won't get too excited.

Could be a good buy if he shows what he can do when he gets a chance, he did have a similar style to Gerrard about him too in that clip which can't be bad.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion