Crouch coming to anfield? - Deal close?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LiverpoolUSA » Sun May 29, 2005 6:31 pm

The Guardian

Most intriguingly, Peter Crouch, the 6ft 7in Southampton striker who missed out on his England debut in Chicago last night because of an ankle injury, is on the list of top targets. Benítez is a keen admirer and sees Crouch as the type of forward who can get the better of Premiership defences - something Liverpool's present strikers managed too rarely last season. Benítez is undeterred that the 24-year-old has already played for six clubs and not yet established himself as a prolific marksman.

Sources close to Crouch last night indicated that the Macclesfield-born forward would relish a switch to Anfield. 'We're aware that Peter has caught Benítez's eye and that Liverpool and a number of other clubs are potentially interested in him, most in the Premiership but also some in Italy,' said one associ ate. 'If Liverpool made an offer I'm sure we could do a deal.'

Bolton, Manchester City, Blackburn and West Brom are among the other clubs keen on Crouch, who has just had his pay cut by 50 per cent after Southampton's relegation and is keen to move.

What do you all think about that? He and SWP could add a lot of scoring power to the club.
LiverpoolUSA

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Sun May 29, 2005 6:34 pm

LiverpoolUSA wrote:Benítez is undeterred that the 24-year-old has already played for six clubs and not yet established himself as a prolific marksman.

By reading this I'm afraid that he could be another Baros. We should some who is already a tested marksman and who will make around 20 goals / season.
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 29, 2005 6:48 pm

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeze God ! No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Christ ,I would of preferred to have kept Heskey a least he had some meat on him . Crouch is totally overated,nothing more than a tall fountain of pi'ss .and while I'm at it Andy Jonson can fu'ck off as well , another Kevin Phillips IMO.   :angry:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Sun May 29, 2005 6:49 pm

.. :D this sounds like a hoax story.. :D :laugh:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun May 29, 2005 6:50 pm

I don't rate him and there's nothing in that story.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 29, 2005 8:43 pm

i`m not so sure, i wouldnt have him as my `star` striker but i think he`d be a decent squad player and despite being 6`7 he`s actually better on the floor than he is with his head.
i`d rather have him on the bench than mellor or le tallec for instance, crouch gave a tough everton defence all they could handle whilst i couldnt see our back up strikers doing that. i watched him play for villa against us a few years ago and he was going through a torrid time in front of goal and missing some good chances (ironically with his head!!) but his touch was superb. he was contolling difficult passess with ease and playing it around with aplomb. we were sitting there thinking f@cking hell he`s quite good.
i`d rather have him than andy johnston because i think we`ve already got better players of a similar style to johnston like cisse.
he would be a different type of option but the one thing that does worry me is his personality. he seems similar to heskey in that he`s a nice fella and doesnt really have that arrogance that he should be playing at the top level.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby misskop » Sun May 29, 2005 8:50 pm

Hope it's just another fabrication by the media. I trust Rafa to bring in quality signings this summer :cool:
misskop

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 29, 2005 9:08 pm

:no
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sun May 29, 2005 9:43 pm

He's not a bad player, he'd be a good squad player even... but i'd question this if Beni signed him now, he isn't what we need.

Woofer as for calling Johnson another Phillips... thats harsh. Phillips was a class act at his best.
115-1073096938

Postby LiverpoolThroughAndThrough » Sun May 29, 2005 9:45 pm

Hes not a bad player but not european champions class
Born a Red, Live a Red, Die a Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

European champions 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LiverpoolThroughAndThrough

Postby JBG » Sun May 29, 2005 9:50 pm

Van Kuyt of Feyernord is the player all the broadsheets have linked us with.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 29, 2005 10:09 pm

JBG wrote:Van Kuyt of Feyernord is the player all the broadsheets have linked us with.

was he the fella that played up front for holland against us when the dutch wore that `kick racism out of football` kit?
he looked very impressive that lad.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Sun May 29, 2005 10:13 pm

I think it was him, Yckatb.[ever considerd shortining your name? :D ]

Crouch to sign with us? Definetly not going to happen, he got injured rescently so I doubt that we would sign an average player like Crouch and then have him miss chunks of pre-season due to an injury.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby PrestonLaaa » Sun May 29, 2005 10:14 pm

LiverpoolThroughAndThrough wrote:Hes not a bad player but not european champions class

If he's being linked with Liverpool.........

the other clubs he's being touted about are Wigan, West Brom, Sunderland and Preston (If we get up :buttrock )

Hardly an inspiring transfer rumour for the European Champions is it? :sniffle
PrestonLaaa

Postby XSD » Sun May 29, 2005 11:09 pm

We all know the player and striker we must buy. Fernando Torres, I reckon we could land him, especially once UEFA have officially said we are in the CL next season. Would be a massive player for us.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion