Liverpool close to lucas deal - Another midfielder?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby destro » Fri May 11, 2007 9:28 pm

I understand that Sabre and maybe im being a bit selfish ( regarding my son lol ). What im saying is the figure this time is between 5 and 8 million depending on what you read or who you listen to ?. Now we all know despite what a few think that Rafa isnt always right in his transfers no manager is, but we seem to be spending a fair bit of money on foreign talent, dont get me wrong i hope it works out and we end up with an amazing team from all these kids. I would just prefer to see a mixture of home grown talent encouraged to
destro

Postby Sabre » Fri May 11, 2007 9:32 pm

You don't know how glad I am of hearing that because I have the same concept of football.

History is a pride, but also weights. And the voices demanding titles and silverware are more numerous than the voices asking more local players, and sometimes both goals are incompatible, unfortunately.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri May 11, 2007 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Fri May 11, 2007 9:38 pm

Didn't a certain Mr.Ronaldinho play for Grêmio once a upon a time.

Sorry for jinxin it. Remember Igor Biscan the next Zidane.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Fri May 11, 2007 9:46 pm

Alonso14 wrote:.

Wasnt that Cheyrou  ?
destro

Postby bigmick » Fri May 11, 2007 9:52 pm

Well this lad sounds like a very interesting purchase indeed and thanks very much to our lads in South America for providing some "on the ground" info, particularly the poster who put the golden boot stuff up, top notch.

As for who leaves to make way for him, I can't help thinking that people are getting more than a litttle carried away here. I remember it last season, "does the arrival of Gonzales spell the end of Kewells Liverpool career?", which has been replaced by "is Kewell ever going to be fit FFS?". This lad is twenty years old, more than likely doesn't speak any English and is coming from a league which judging by the World Club Championship mallarky, is much inferior to the Premiership (yes I know we got beat but that was in the middle of one of Rafa's "let's put all the names in the hat and have a draw" stages on the selection process, and to be fair we absolutely murdered Sao Paulo even with a second string team).

So I ask the people who are saying Alonso/Sissoko/Mascherano will probably make way, how many games do you think this lad is going to play in his first season? Realistically if he plays more than ten he will have done very well, and even then he is probably going to have to wait for an injury crisis to get a chance, unless of course Rafa goes into his "lets give everyone who was in the squad photo a game and not worry about the fact we're conceding the Premiership before it's even started" mode. It'll take time and there are no certainties, Gonzales has surely proven that.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri May 11, 2007 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby santolim » Fri May 11, 2007 11:31 pm

Im brazilian, Gremio fan. Lucas is fantastic, his long shoots are great, has a fantastic stamina, is good in defense and is often in the goal area, making goals. Lucas also plays the same thing for a lot of games, rarely he goes bad. Here, he never played as an att mid.
He will be great to Liverpool and can be, in some years, one of the best players in the world. I didn't see no one talking about this here, Dunga called him for some matches last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYqKzNlxclw (the music isn't good...):D
santolim

Postby Gremio Gaucho » Fri May 11, 2007 11:37 pm

Sorry guys i just could come back here now and I saw a lots of questions about lucas and I'll try to explain to you the best i can about him, but before that anyone of you can aswer me where can we talk? I'm a premiership fan here in brazil! Do you have MSN Messenger, Comunities(Orkut or tagged) or some kind of free chat in the web? It would be easier.

But Lucas is a very promissing (in Europe, but already the best midfilder here in Brazil) midfileder that almost got transfered to AC Milan, a lot of european clubs were scouting him and you reds got the boy. Now in January Brazil won the South-American Cup again with Lucas(captain) and the genious striker Alexandre Pato(top-scorer) putting been electeds the best players. He's just completed 20 years old now in January but plays like a 25 old guy. Like another red Fabio Aurelio Lucas is diferently of the most players of Brazil was not poor, is a very studied boy. He's nephew of a great Palmeiras and Atletico de Madrid striker called Leivinha so he's Lucas Pezzini Leiva.
He's got an italian passaport what makes him abble to play in the premiership.
Someone in the chat sad that 9 million euros is expensive. No guys it's not! Gago was sold to r.madrid for 20 millions euros and you can bet lucas is much better then him cause his more intense stronger and fighter, like we gauchos are used to be, except the lady Ronaldinho hauahuahaua. That's why he called more atention of the italian clubs like juventus milan and fiorentina. Very tathical he likes to play box to box, has a very good long distance striker a good header (not perfect but better then mascherano). At least so good passer as xabi alonso.
1.80m/ ? kg
should get stronger to play in england
in my opinion he will be like denilson and kaka, won't need a long time to adapt there! In a few years he will be the best center-midfilder in the world and brazil will have a magestic wall in the midfild             Lucas--Denilson
Can you imagine that!?

ceceu_ac@hotmail.com - if you want to talk more...
Gremio Gaucho

Postby Effes » Fri May 11, 2007 11:40 pm

Denilson isn't that great is he?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 11, 2007 11:53 pm

destro wrote:Another foreign youngster snapped up by Rafa, the youth team lads must be made up ! Its all well and good snapping up the best youngsters but what about the local lads, the future Robbies, Gerrards, Carras ?

Wenger has a great team of youngsters coming through at Arsenal and in 2 or 3 years time they will be some team, but that doesnt mean we have to go down the same path.

I understand he is building for the future and im sure they are decent enough players, a couple of rough diamonds, but he seems to be filling every position with a young foreign player, it all becomes a bit clearer now why Heighway decided to call it a day ( did he jump before he was pushed ? )

This is not a scathing attack on Rafa, it just makes me wonder where the future of our youth team players lie, loaned out to other clubs but for what ? if they havent made an impression now when will they

Since my son was born i have had dreams of him playing for LFC but just lately it seems like we may have to move to another country for that to ever happen

you cant just rely on merseyside to produce great players though mate.
look at messi, barca picked him up as a kid from argentina and moved him and his family over to spain, if he had stayed in argentina and barca tried to sign him now from river plate or boca juniors or someone your talking telephone numbers fee wise.
rafa`s right, its all very well and good heighway saying local lads deserve a chance but if every other club in the world is casting their net far and wide but we are just focussing locally arent we almost fighting with one hand tied behind our backs.
plus i`ve heard lots of rumours over the years about how clique the whole youth system is, with lads getting overlooked for other lads who`s dad bevvies with the brother of the secretary of the junior league who knows the scout who knows someone at the club etc etc - you get the picture.
wether its true or not i dont know but in my experience of life in general the phrase `its not what you know but who you know` isnt just an old chestnut.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat May 12, 2007 12:17 am

Liverpool close to lucas deal

Manhattan is a big Star Wars fan, but I don't think George Lucas would fit into our team.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sat May 12, 2007 2:23 am

this lucas deal chap is :censored: :p :D :(
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Sat May 12, 2007 3:07 am

If he is the same Lucas, he is awsome on champ, just signed him for 16million euros and he was well worth it. Must have a good reputation and high expectations of him.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Sat May 12, 2007 4:41 am

Lucas? Looks like Guti to me....:)
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Sat May 12, 2007 4:50 am

i was hoping that we signed some players like diego .... then all of the sudden this guy get signed.. :D  the videos of him looks good , hope he's like kaka.... :p
Elchris

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Sat May 12, 2007 12:27 pm

Alonso14 wrote:Didn't a certain Mr.Ronaldinho play for Grêmio once a upon a time.

Biscan was world class
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion