Now do you see where we are? - Morgan offer

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JohnBull » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:02 pm

Steve Morgan, though I've never met the man, seems to be one of us, far more so than the rest of the board.
He's put his money where his mouth is and made an offer which could possibly break the strangelhold on the club by the fragmented self seeking crews that populate the club at the moment.
At the present there is NO Liverpool Football Club but there is a group of greedy ba#ta#ds all looking out for their own interests and living VERY WELL ,under the banner of Liverpool Football Club, a tradition that is slowly being destroyed.
Morgan has no axe to grind other than the restoration of the greatest club that this country has ever seen (forget about 30 games unbeaten- Arsenal wouldn't have lasted in the 80s and 90s). The boards rejection of his offer is a disgrace to the true supporters- it is a rejection of one of ours and you must ask why? What are they hiding or more to the point- what are they protecting, it's certainly not OUR interests.
I've posted critical comments in these pages about Houllier, Thompson and the rest of the motley crew there now, I've critisised players who are not living up to their pricetag but the problem lies higher than that.
The Red Revolution must come from a change at the top and it MUST happen now . We need real businessmen in there now ! We need real supporters speaking for us at board level now!. I do not want us to end up like Spurs, Forest or any of the other "once Great" clubs forever looking backwards.
When the change does come it won't be pretty and we may have to suffer a couple of seasons grafting out 1-0 wins with boring football but this was the way it happened in the transitions from the 60s to the 70s to the 80s to almost the 90s. You build a side and then start thinking about pretty football. The simple game should be kept simple.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:07 pm

The board are holding out for a better offer.  What's loyality got to do with it, tell me any board that's been loyal to the fans in the last 50 years.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby JohnBull » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:16 pm

This is the same board of bleeding hearts that are claiming that they love the club. This would not have happened in the 60s,70s or 80s when the board members were there to see the club do well, just for the f##king sake of it!!!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:18 pm

Football is now riddled with greedy bast***s. Moores I fear wants success but dosent know how to get it.  He needs to get tough and sack those around him who are useless.  Parry & Houllier would be a bloody good start.
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:51 am

It's a sad day for Liverpool,when Moores can turn an offer down of £50 million investment from a Liverpool supporter,yet only 3/4 years ago except £10 million from Granada.David Moores knows this upsurge in unrest won't die down and if we fail to claim the 4th place then he will be in for a rough ride come the summer.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Scottbot » Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:42 pm

I figure Morgan would push for change if he made it on to the board so Moores would rather he kept his money. Moores is too much of a pussy cat. I have never been a fan of football clubs floating on the stock market thus becoming PLCs but it is pretty fair to say our board would not put up with the cr#p Houllier has served up on the pitch this past year and a half if we had a share price.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:33 pm

I hope we don't end up going plc - the club should be run for the good of the club, not the pockets of distant shareholders.

But why has Moores rejected Morgan's offer? That's easy - he feels threatened and doesn't want anything to ruin his cosy little world. Now is the time for the fans of our club to stand tall and reject mediocrity. We need a stronger, more aggressive voice on the board to end the slide into mediocrity.

A cash injection is what we need to buy proven top class premiership standard players. Yes, in the short term they're more expensive than young Frenchmen "with potential" but in the long term missing out on league & cup success could prove so much more costly.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion