L4 withdraw offer

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:50 am

Whats going to happen now? Wheres the money going to come from for a new stadium, and new players?

Kraft abandons attempt to to buy stake in Liverpool
By Andrew Murray-Watson (Filed: 23/01/2005)

The L4 consortium, headed by the US-based billionaire Kraft family, has abandoned its attempt to buy a stake in Liverpool Football Club.

An executive close to the family said yesterday: "David Moores, the chairman of Liverpool, wanted a price that, for a minority stake in the club, was unrealistic."

It is believed that Moores was looking for more than £50m from L4 - fronted by Hollywood executives Stuart Ford and Mike Jefferies - in exchange for a 30 per cent stake. The deal would have valued Liverpool at close to £200m.

L4's decision is the latest in a string of setbacks for the Liverpool board, which has failed to secure investment in the team, despite interest from three different parties.

Steve Morgan, a building magnate, has made four cash offers for the club - all spurned by the Moores. Last year, Liverpool rejected an offer from the Thai businessman, Paiboon Damrong- chaitham. The Krafts, owners of the New England Patriots American football franchise, were the last-known financial suitors.

In 2004, Liverpool Football Club lost £21.9m
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fingers » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:57 am

Morning Cisse,

where does that leave us then? ??????

are there any other offers in the pipeline???
As always I am focused on supporting the Cloob and the Manager
Fingers

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:03 am

Fingers wrote:Morning Cisse,

where does that leave us then? ??????

are there any other offers in the pipeline???

:( Doubt it mate Moores and Parry dont want to be shifted, they will sell Gerrard to get some cash.
Its not lookin to good is it :(
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fingers » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:10 am

Sadly no :(

it frustrating because we NEED money for the future, as we look like we NEED to buy, some of our youth look good, with all respect to them we don't seem to have any Gerrards or Owens coming through, fair shout Whitbread looks promising, as do a few others, but in the long run without money they will be our team.

might be a stupid question but HOW does Moores stay in there, by vote or is it a Money thing
As always I am focused on supporting the Cloob and the Manager
Fingers

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:30 am

Moores owns 51% so he has a 51% vote so he keeps himself there.

That was the last offer
If i wanted to be pessemistic I'd say
'We're f***ed'
We'll just have to hope Moores n Parry get some business sense and start using the Liverpool brand name, football alone wont get us the £100million+ and the money to finance Benitez to win us the title.  At least not for close to a decade, unless we take out some big loans.  Liverpool is still one of the biggest clubs in the world but Parry just hasnt grasped onto how to market it effectively.  If you want a better example of sheer business aptitude then look no further than Man U.  Though it pains me to say anything like this, perhaps we need to look at what they've done to build their financial empire, which last year made them the single richest sporting franchise in the world even ahead of the New York Yankees. 

But then again maybe some1 else will pop up with the cash, I just hope if they do, and they are as good as L4 was in terms of backing and background, that Moores will accept their offer.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:37 am

on the new stadium, at the minute I think we should shelve it.

We should put money into the team first, get them playing well on the pitch then worry about the stadium later.

I hope for one that we are not borrowing against expected Champions league profits, ala Leeds. If we are to finish outside the top 4 (please No) then we could be in serious financial difficulty and we need to be selling the likes of Gerrard to keep finances secure  :blues:
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:40 am

I though we brought Perry in because of his experience with the Premiership and for his marketing ability. I haven't seen anything towards widening our fan base around the world or to use the club's brand name to secure merchandising dollars. All effort should be centered around getting a good shirt sponsor deal, and how long will our tie with Reebok ends? I doubt we are getting top dollar from them, besides, their design sucks!

Moores (and Perry) is holding back the club by not having appropriate funds for Rafa and not wanting to dilute his shareholding :angry:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:32 am

Santa wrote:I though we brought Perry in because of his experience with the Premiership and for his marketing ability. I haven't seen anything towards widening our fan base around the world or to use the club's brand name to secure merchandising dollars. All effort should be centered around getting a good shirt sponsor deal, and how long will our tie with Reebok ends? I doubt we are getting top dollar from them, besides, their design sucks!

Moores (and Perry) is holding back the club by not having appropriate funds for Rafa and not wanting to dilute his shareholding :angry:

Its Parry santa :D
and our Carlsberg sponsership is nearly over.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:37 am

Yes but I havent heard any news about whose going to replace carlsberg.  We actually hav 1 of the highest shirt sponsorship deals in england so we want to at the very least to get a sponsor who will continue that, but preferably 1 who is going to better it.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Redrider » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:38 am

This will probably re-open the door to Morgan!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:39 am

there's another surprise...
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:46 am

According to news elsewhere L4 are still in there its just Kraft who has left because he says he cant deal with people like Moores and Parry,but L4 do have other backers to turn to,just hope thats true.Now maybe if Moores or Parry came out and told the supporters of this club exactly whats going on they would maybe get some support but at the moment thats 4 bids that have been turned down and it really makes you wonder about their intentions for this once great club.Another thing that brings home how far we have dropped i was watching the Jimmy Hill programme on sky on it one of the chaps said Liverpool are no longer a big club they will not win the Prem in the forseable future because they dont have and wont have the money to compete with the top clubs.It must be time for the board to sort this out,if it means Moores/Parry stepping down then so be it for the sake of this club we need money to help Rafa to get us back where we belong and not keep aiming for 4th spot,people on here are asking for Rafas head already if he was promised funding through investment and it doesnt turn up he may leave on his own accord and i for one dont want to see that happen. :angry:  :angry:
SALTROCK67

Postby parchpea » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:00 pm

Without serious money behind us we are going to constantly struggle, and likely fail, to build a team capable of winning the premiership. It was tough enough before, but now Chelsea have upped the anti so we find it even harder. Its romantic to think we can somehow work hard and nurture a team on the cheap to topple the big spenders, but in reality this is not going to happen. At this point in time we are competing for fourth with teams we can go toe to toe with financially. The simple fact is we have to generate more money to challenge for the league. Whether that changing the way we operate or taking investment. If we carry on this way we will most likely never reach the heights we all dream of re capturing. Sad but true.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:08 pm

Redrider wrote:This will probably re-open the door to Morgan!

Hope bloody not!!!  :angry:
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:12 pm

Could be that Morgan joins the L4 group you never know ???  ???
SALTROCK67

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion