Liverpool football club... - Without owen and gerrard.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby taff » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:11 am

Sell Gerrard for money and Duff and then buy him back next year when he gets replaced by the latest big thing. Becham was off to Chelsea now Gerrard is England best midfielder hes off. Duff was hot after the world cup still class but that loon Abramovich just has money to burn and loves spending it.  Let SG spend a year in their squad rotation some midfielder will have a great champions league campaign and he will be the next target.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Supermarius » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:27 am

Duff would be great.I aint too hot on the thought of Valancia players,the premiership is a diferent world but who knows ..Id love to see Robbie Keane there too ,hes a battler skillful strong and quick and fears no-one. Lets hope Kewell stays happy and injury free... i wont even go there...
Q: You're trapped in a room with a tiger, a rattlesnake, and a Manchester United Fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

A: Shoot the United Fan. Twice.
Supermarius

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:36 am

no player is bigger than the football club, simple as that.

i'm just worried why all this is rearing it's head when steven gerrard should be concentrating on playing for england, nothing else. if benitez has flown out to portugal to speak with stevie then he must be concerned. however, for me, moving to chelsea by no means guarantees more trophies and medals than staying at liverpool. any move would be purely financial. in my eyes, stevie OWES liverpool and the new manager at least one season to see how things go.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:24 pm

personally i think selling gerrard would be a huge loss, hes our most important and influential player, as for owen i think if we receive a good bid i would let him go, over the past two years he just hasnt been the player of old, he becomes less and less involved in games and it is a worry and i think Baros is starting to show he could fill his place and i beleive if he was a regular he would score 20 a season.

Ideally i would like owen and gerrard to stay, but i dont think it would be the end of the world if they went.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:52 pm

Greenred, last year Duff was a life-long United fan, according to the newspapers.

If Gerrard moves on I wonder who'll take over the captaincy.  Also, the way Baros is playing in Portugal he could finish the tournament as top scorer.  Surely that should add another 5 million to his value if we sell him.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Gareth G » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:03 pm

I think we should all just wait and see what happens regarding Steve Gerrard and stop jumping to conclusions, because the fact is hes a Liverpool player and until Chelsea officially approach him and put a bid in i wouldn't worry. I don't believe none of this BS about who hes sharing a room with etc, who gives a rats ****** who he stays with? Does it mean if he stays with Ashly Cole hes going to join Arsenal?

Just look forward to next season and don't worry about anything until t actually happens. Im more focused and excited about who Benitez may bring in.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:12 pm

Just had an email from a mate of mine who tends to know his stuff, inside info etc and was hoping to be put at ease with a dont listen to that nonsense etc but it looks like tara SG.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion