Liverpool football club - What's happening?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Tue Aug 26, 2003 9:59 pm

Liverpool Football Club...my club...your club is in a state of decline.To the blinkered fans nothing is wrong,but please take a step back and look,can you see what I and thousands of others can see;this club is not heading in the direction we would all like it to be.I am a Liverpool supporter,have been all my life and will be till the day I die.We all have Liverpool FC running through our veins,cut me in half and read me like a stick of "blackpool rock",I am a die-hard Liverpool fan.
      However,my passion for this great club has been seriously eroded away over the last 18 months,it certainly is not the same as it was.Reading through the many posts about recent events,I can see the anger,fury and bewilderment at the demise of our sacred football club.I remember being angry,get p#ssed,not talking,get home ,kick the dog just because we lost a match.Mondays were a day of non-stop banter between Reds & Blues........I miss all that.Because now when we lose I just sit there,get up,walk out,go home,have a beer and watch the TV.Mondays I shrug my shoulders and laugh it off.I sit in the stands and watch the horror show unfurl in front of me,but do I shout my objections to the c**p thats fed to me???...........to my shame..NO!!
        Gerrard Houllier has knocked the stuffing out of me.There will be some blinkered mis-fits out there saying "There is nothing seriously wrong and to give GH time,he will get it right". Nah! He's had time;the 5 year plan is up and what a joke,GH is already saying that Champions League qualification is good enough.Well I say it's not,I want my team to be in contention for the top prize not the scraps.
       I desperately need a new manager to come in and give us our club back.We want attacking football,a team with a future as a real title contender.A team to give me my pride back so I can walk tall and say do you remember the great side of the 20??,what a team,what style.
      If Houllier stays we will continue to decline.Michael Owen and Steven Gerrard will leave at the end of the season and Liverpool will dissappear into mid-table to settle nicely with Everton,Villa,Spurs and the rest of the also-rans.Houllier will not resign,his typical french arrogance won't allow it,so it's upto the board to sack the man and give somebody else the the covetted position as manager of Liverpool.
        I love this club...but it's tearing me up inside watching it's decline.It has to stop and quickly.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby tockycol » Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:55 pm

Jesus christ Super mate i feel your hurt the way were going is tearing my heart out too but as long as we have fans like you we will get back to our glory days.
you'll never walk alone
tockycol

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:34 pm

You're right mate, the vultures will be out for Owen and Gerrard before the end of the season. 

I fail to see how GH cannot see what's happening?  Surely he cannot be happy.  If so he's deluded.  He DOES possess a ruthless streak; he's got rid of enough dead wood in his time at the club to make that pretty obvious.  He has to admit an irreversible rot has (is?) set in and he has to do something about it. 

This may well be his last season.  If the position is not looking better by Christmas, and he does nothing in the transfer window, the pressure on him will be enormous.

I wonder what is really happening behind the scenes though? 

If the players dont support him, they know better than to go public.  A lot is being written by fans in these forums about Houllier and his mis-management.  Could it be the players attitudes all along?  They look like they don't want to win.  Their heads are down, they don't look fit, they go missing in games etc....

Regarding Spurs, maybe Le Tallec and Pongolle, with nothing to lose, should be given a 20 minute run out in the second half to shake things up.

Its not easy for me to stick the boot in like this, but I hate to see whats happening.  We have to defeat Tottenham and Everton.
jonnymac1979

Postby gaz31 » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:35 pm

I HAV'NT BEEN POSTING SO MUCH LATELY COS I FEEL THAT I AM SAYING THE SAME THING ALL THE TIME , ONLY IN DIFFERENT WAYS, I AM REALLY LOST AT THE MOMENT AND FEEL THAT THE LIVERPOOL BOARD ARE LETTING US DOWN , GH HAS DONE SOME GOOD THINGS IN THE PAST 5 YEARS(not many) BUT HE HAS RUN OUT OF IDEAS AND HE REALLY DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THAT WE HAVE TO BE THE BEST TEAM NOT SECOND OR THIRD BUT FIRST I THINK HE IS GOING TO BE HAPPY TO JUST STAY UNDER THE TOP 2/3 AND QUALIFY FOR ONE OF THE CUPS AND MAYBE WIN THE FA OR CARL CUP BUT I FOR ONE WILL DEFINATLY NOT BE ,
LIVERPOOL RUNS THROUGH ME LIKE BLOOD IN MY VEINS AND I WILL NOT BE HAPPY UNTIL GH IS RELEASED FROM HIS DUTYS AND A MANAGER WITH REAL PASSION AND THE DESIRE TO MAKE US THE BEST TEAM IN THE UNIVERSE IS INSTALLED .................
I NEVER GIVE UP THE HOPE OF GREATER THINGS BUT I CAN TELL YOU GH IS NOT NEEDED ANYMORE .
PLEASE HELP US KK PR MO WE NEED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)  :(
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby kennys mate » Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:48 pm

god,if you lot are in deep depression,what hope for the rest of us.
when i first came on this site i was encourged by the right on approach and the love of lfc by super sub,gaz etc.
i didnt want to slag of the reds to much as you all stood back a bit from cirtisism.
now i know you all feel the same . lfc will never win the pre tital with gh,go now and save the club from another g souness.
we will return,to win the prem  maybe not today but soon. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
kennys mate

Postby supersub » Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:02 am

I'm sorry for that Kenny but Houllier makes my skin crawl when he starts spewing out excuses and I felt there is no change.I was so expecting a major rethink on Houllier's behalf but no ...and he never will,so he has to go.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby gaz31 » Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:24 am

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS NOT A BAD THING BUT YOU MUST HAVE NOTICED THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF WANNABE FANS AND IMPOSTERS ON THIS SITE WHO SAY THINGS FOR THE HELL OF IT AND THEY DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT IM SORRY TO DISSALUSION YOU KENNY BUT SS AND I SAY WHAT WE FEEL AND SOME TIMES IT HURTS US AND OTHER LFC DIE HARD FANS , WE DON'T WANT TO SAY THESE THINGS BUT WE HAVE TOO, SORRY MATE BUT THINGS WILL GET BETTER AND LIVERPOOL WILL BE THE BEST ONCE AGAIN :)
                        CHEERS : GAZ
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:59 am

We will be the best because with the talent we have, we should have been the best sometime ago. As much as I remember the great Liverpool sides of the bygone era, we never had as many really outstanding world class individuals in those teams as now. We now have Owen, Gerrard, Hamman (many won't agree with this but Hemman was major for Germany in 2002 World Cup, just that he is not a goalscorer like Ballack, so he tends to be unnoticed) and Kewell.
Previously, we had only one or two world class players at a time but with the right complement of team mates, the team went to win many championships and cups.
The only thing is, I hate to say this, Arsenal has more world class players but they lack grit like MU and tend to be inconsistent.
Back to Liverpool, we need a new approach to move forward and like Gaz and SS said, GH must surely go...begore it's too late.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi » Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:20 pm

I'm one of the last people to jump on manager out band-wagons but I just received this from a Gooner, I'd love to argue but I can't.......

Sing to the tune of Yesterday:

Houllier, passing football seems so far away,Now the long ball game is all we play, What's wrong with grass O Houllier?

Suddenly we're not half the team we used to be, Now that pass and move is history, I blame it all on Houllier

Now it's time to go, you must know O Houllier, You've done most things wrong and stayed too long O Houllier

Houllier, we are all afraid you're here to stay
And we read the papers everyday
Cringing at the things you say

We'll lose Michael Owen if you stay O Houllier
That would break our hearts please go way O Houllier

Houllier, if we lose against the Spurs today
We hope it's the last game you play
You're history O Houllier
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:36 pm

hey come on lads , its not that bad , were not starving to death in the sahara desert are we? neither are we having lit fireworks stuffed down are pants ,, cheer up ya bunch of pessimistic farts ,
footballs not life or death you know,

come on ,sing along ya tarts ,,,,
Always look on the bright side of life ........ etc
:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

PS keep away from the razor blades supersub  :p
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Liverpool Forever » Wed Aug 27, 2003 5:31 pm

Hello everyone this is my first posting here but from what i've read it wont be the last. It is so good to actually hear some honesty being spoken, i'm sick to death of being told by so called "real fans" to "stop being so critical and give GH a chance", "think what he's done for us" etc etc. Well i've done that for long enough.

This club needs a manager with fire in his belly who can transmit that to the players. Did anyone see Keegan last night?He was like a twelth player!I want that at Anfield and i want it now!!
Liverpool Forever

Postby vlady16.1 » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:10 am

i feel a sense of doom around the fans-- watching sundays debacle shows me a team of talent but missing something--hk has an off game and that's the blame- but remember its a team sport-- just watch the evil trolls-- sir a loses beckham snd veron but looks better- no excuses they're there to win-- I AM TIRED OF EXCUSES-- a leader does not make excuses nor savage a player in the press (sg last year) if this team has talent and it does then the problem is management. i will lead you to another sport-- hockey  the habs would fire their coach if he didn't win the cup well enuff ( they usually won and their legendary retired coach had a seat behind the current caoch) the wings lost sergie for nothing and still expect to win the cup-- leadership is from the top and a good manager can win without great troops and a bad one will lose with great ones.

enuff said -- time to cry and have another single malt
vlady16.1

Postby ROBtheRED » Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:27 pm

Like a lot of others on here i'm very reluctant to criticise the team that i dearly love (and always will) but just a few games into the season it is apparent that we are in a decline and we are in grave danger of slipping into the depths of a mediocre mid-table side! I'm not jumping on any media bandwagon and going along with the sheep who enjoy slagging off the team as if they have the right anyway! the only people who DO have the right are the true loyal fans who are being hurt seeing what is happening to the club in front of their eyes!
I'm not a season ticket holder but i have supported the club  since 1981 and watch the team whenever i get the oppurtunity. . .so far this season i've been to the Valencia friendly, the Villa away game and the Spurs game last night and i haven't seen a goal - in fact in those three games it looked unlikely we ever would score if the matches had last 180 minutes. I've also watched the Chelsea game and the Amsterdam tournament on tv and the way we have played is frustratingly ordinary and lacking in any cutting edge, to get to the point something is wrong, in fact something is very wrong! Apart from a few exceptions the players in our squad are not bad players but they seem to have lost their desire. Although we have class players it seems as if their ability/creativity has been drained away from them and are restrained to express themselves and again i re-iterate i hate criticising Liverpool but it seems time for a change,we have gone stale and it can't be ignored. And i am and always will be thankful for what Gerard Houllier has done for us this decline cannot continue and he needs to take responsibility for it.
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rick58 » Fri Aug 29, 2003 2:43 am

Supersub
- well said. I went to my first match in 1971 as a twelve year old (remember the boys pen). I was at the St Etienne game and still remember what it felt like when Fairclough scored. That was when passion ran through the club - the players, staff and fans.
What we have now is a sick shadow of former teams and the heart seems to be slowly going out of the club  - due in part to the low morale and  couldn't care less attitude of some players who, lets face it, don't get paid nearly enough to actually break into a sweat. They don't have a clue about the traditions of the club. They ought to be locked in a room and made to watch hour after hour of videos of players like Emlyn Hughes, Terry McDermott, Heighway, Callaghan, Thompson, Joey Jones, Dalglish, Keegan, Souness, etc until they understnd what an honour it should be to be a Liverpool player in the footsteps of players of that calibre.
I'm not a glory seeker - I've been there, seen it, done it and flung away the T-Shirt. All I want to see is a team that plays with passion and pride. I can live with not winning a game if the players have bust a gut in trying to win.
I really think that if things don't change (ie Houllier gone) then we are doomed to mediocrity and Owen an Gerrard will be off at the end od the season. They will not miss out on Champions League football next season and will go to a club that can offer them the opportunity.
In my opinion Houliier has been the worst manager I can remember and I include Evans and Souness - who by the way were never given £100 million. His tactics are bewildering and his purchases bizarre. I'm sick to death of his excuses - I just want him gone. As for a replacement - some one suggested Keegan as a man who could re instill the passion - perhaps he could. I wouldn't mind if he did come  I know we'd be in for a bit of excitement at least but realistically I think O'Neill will be the next manager.
Rick58

Postby Liverpool Forever » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:00 pm

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this site so i hope i don't annoy anyone too quickly, but here goes,

My friends and i have been going to Anfield for fifteen years and for the last eight we haven't missed a home game and we try to get away as much possible too. Anyway, i have never felt as low as i feel right now. Every week a five hour round trip is begun knowing i am going to watch mediocre, boring football, every week i tell myself its going to get better but it never really does and if we're honest we all know it.

I'm sick of seeing Biscan, Traore and Cheyrou coming off the bench to win a match instead of Litmanen, Anelka, Fowler, Babbel. I'm sicking of seeing GH's apparent glee at nil nil draws. I sick of having my manc mates shoving the league tables down my throat on a saturday night and more than anything i'm sick of being a moaner, i never used to be but the passion is just being drained out of me. GH has done great things for this club but i really feel he will never change our style significantly, yes we play the odd good attacking game but, I really believe that style of football goes against GH nature. I think he is too defence minded to ever bring the brand of football we all want to see being played to Anfield. If it isn't happening by Xmas i think he should step down before people start forgetting what he has done for us and what he is currently doing to us.

Like i say this is very negative but i need to vent this frustration somewhere and i would never, ever do it the ground.GH PROVE ME WRONG_PLEASE!!!
Liverpool Forever

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion