Liverpool football club - What's happening?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby genecola » Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:46 pm

He will prove everybody wrong on the derby.

He will.... Liverpool will win the trophy this season, I strongly believe it.
genecola

Postby Paolo » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:14 pm

After recently getting a computer in my flat and reading these pages for the first time I felt I had write a message.
I am slightly removed from most of the fans on this site in that Iam a Glaswegian Celtic fan who also fervently supports the Reds.My step father introduced me to them about 14 years ago when I was 10 and it has been a great priviledge watching them over the years. However, the last 18 months have almost been too unbearable to watch.In this time under GH Liverpool appear to have gone backwards to the extent that now Chelsea and Newcastle have overtaken us.The other night against Spurs was nothing short of disgracefull! When a club like Tottenham come to Anfield and leave with a draw the last thing you expect from the manager is to say the Tottenham are an "excellent side" and that " the fans wanted an attacking line-up and thats what they got"!Gh appears to have already accepted that Liverpool are alraedy out of the championship race and will be battling with Tottenham Blackburn etc. for a place in the Champions League/UEFA cup. This is a complete outrage.Every season seems to be the same nowadays-high expectations, only to be dashed by an incompetent manager.Liverpools plight at the moment seems to mirror my team Celtics, pre Martin O'Niell.This man is a god send with passion,drive and a will to win, not to mention shrewd in the transfer market with the ability to get even more than 100% from his players.If he does leave(and I think he probably will) I would love to see him transform Liverpool into the team they should be- championship challengers and in the latter stages of the champions league.Nothing less should be expected from such a great club!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paolo

Postby kennys mate » Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:24 pm

i like you two [super sub,gaza[who i think might just be a scummer]only joking but the husband is  a pompey fan .
your knowledge of the club is great and makes for intesting reading.
i love lfc have done since my first pair of steve heighway football boots aged 5. ok strange for a girl,but i love football.
could you let me know how well you really think lfc will do this season,and super sub going to the games,what the liverpool fans are saying about gh.
my pesimistic view is lfc will finish about fifth ?
shoot me if you will.
i hope i am really wrong about this,as another tital would be great
sorry for being a big girl about it,but i do care.
kennys mate

Postby supersub » Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:32 pm

It's easy to be pessimistic when all you see in the press and on this forum are stories of doom and gloom.I hold my hand up and admit to adding fuel to the fire,on occassions but I actually believe we do have the players to drag ourselves out of the mire.Ignore the biased reports in the newspapers after the Spurs game,they obviously have their own agenda to disrupt Liverpool.I was at the game and if Houllier sends out that attacking line-up on a regular basis I'm sure we will soon get the rewards.I still think it is not what GH wants to do but his hand has been forced by the crappy first 2 games.If Keegan was at the helm he would surely field a team to attack in every game.I hope GH keeps the same side from Wednesday for the "Derby" match,it's his only chance and ours.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby genecola » Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:40 pm

genecola wrote:He will prove everybody wrong on the derby.

Faith fellow fans!

The last thing the team needs is the lack of faith and belief from us. No mattered what happens, I will always have confidence for the team and in the manager.

Be careful, they have just awaken the giant!

Everton 0-3 Liverpool
genecola

Postby supersub » Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:44 am

Faith in the squad of players you have and faith in your managers ability to utilise that squad are entirely different things.I believe Houllier found himself backed into a corner after the pitiful performances and excuses that were given to us following the first two games.His comments after the Spurs game"you wanted an attacking line-up so I gave you one" tells me it was his final throw of the dice.The Spurs game showed me we have the potential to attack teams in numbers if given the chance,and it was only a matter of time before we would get our first win if we employed the attacking tactics.Everton were the first victims of,what I hope,is the new style of football;attack in numbers,with pace and accurate passing;defend with guts and gile.Play the the game as a complete unit and not as a bunch of individuals.Wether GH has the bottle to continue with this more attacking approach,we will have to see but lets enjoy the weekend for now,it took 3 weeks to get here.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby gaz31 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:49 pm

KENNYSMATE IM NO SCUMMER AS I WAS BORN IN MERSEYSIDE BUT EVEN YOU MUST AGREE THAT IT WAS GOOD TO SEE WANKCHESTER UNIGHTIES LOSE TO SOUTHAMPTON TODAY 1-0 1-0 1-0 1-0 :D
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby supersub » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:55 pm

What's a scummer?
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby gaz31 » Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:01 am

SS A SCUMMER IS WHAT PORTSMOUTH FANS CALL SOUTHAMPTON FANS,
SOUTHAMPTON FANS CALL POMPEY FANS SKATES (AS IN THE FISH) BECAUSE OF ALL THE SAILORS IN POMPEY .
THESE TWO TOWNS HATE EACH OTHER (really hate ).
IT SEEMS THAT IT IS INBRED IN THE KIDS AS WELL ,I CAN TELL YOU NOW YOU WOULD'NT CATCH ANYONE WEARING A SAINTS KIT IN POMPEY WITHOUT GETTING A HIDING AND VICAVERSA.......
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Postby cheesecakery » Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:35 pm

genecola wrote:He will prove everybody wrong on the derby.

:D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby kennys mate » Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:59 pm

ok gaza, born in merseyside better excuse than mine.
glad your not a scummer, and yes i did enjoy saints betting the mancs. you and super sub are great on this forum .as a liverpool fan i would like to know how you gaza came to be a red and do you get to see many live games living down south.
kennys mate

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion