David moores - A thank you

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:45 am

Reg wrote:
peewee wrote:what about the boards treatment of roy evans, they didnt have the balls to sack him so they forced him out.

You're right, they could have sacked him and totally humiliated him in front of the nation. I would like to think they did the prefered option of doing it with a softly softly approach.

Evans left football for good after LFC, Kinda suggests he was burned out to me.

evans managed i think swindon after LFC so i dont know where you got that from.

also was he doing that bad a job, he would have done a damn sight better if he was given some of the money wasted by that french tw@t.

dont get me started on houllier, dark days indeed, the robbing kunt
112-1077774096

Postby azriahmad » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:19 pm

peewee...you always have a way with words! :D
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:22 pm

thanks mate  :D
112-1077774096

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:35 pm

Great post Rafa-Dodd...Moores does deserve plenty of credit and we owe a lot to him for all he's done to pilot what is often a difficult ship.

Pee Wee's right, though, about the handling of the entire Evans/Houiller transition: just finished Fowler's biography and that was a real eye-opener.  Sure, Robbie's got a particular slant on it all but the bald facts of the joint manager position make it clear that it was a soft way to try and ease Roy out.  Not clear where or how Moores fits into all that, mind, but that's a bit of a blemish on an otherwise impressive Directorship.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby redmikey » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:56 pm

peewee wrote:
Reg wrote:
peewee wrote:what about the boards treatment of roy evans, they didnt have the balls to sack him so they forced him out.

You're right, they could have sacked him and totally humiliated him in front of the nation. I would like to think they did the prefered option of doing it with a softly softly approach.

also was he doing that bad a job, he would have done a damn sight better if he was given some of the money wasted by that french tw@t.

here here  :buttrock
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby 83-1165214211 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:00 am

peewee wrote:
STR_18 wrote:As for the ruthless side, he was ruthless with Houllier. So don't give me that :censored:. He gave Houllier exactly what he deserved. Time and money. He's done that with everyone and that makes him a fantastic chairman.

i dont think he was ruthless with houllier mate, i think he should have reigned him in long befoe he did with his wild spending and negative tactics.

i am not saying he is not a good chairman, I am saying at times he should have been more ruthless, if you ask for my proof I give you no league title for many years

So what you're saying is...

Houllier improved us as a side in his first full season, won a cup treble in his second, we finished third in his 3rd season, we had signed players like McAllister, Hyypia, Babbel (who was unfortunate but class) Henchoz, Riise and Hamann has a bad season and makes some bad signings should be sacked?

I'm sorry no. Absoloutely no how no way. Everyone can make a mistake.

If you aren't saying that, you're saying that after 12 games of the next season you're thinking hang on, we could win the league here...

So realistically one and a half bad seasons out of five is justice for sacking your manager? Again... no sorry.

For me Moores was excellent in his handling of Houllier from day one and deserves nothing but praise. This club isn't Villa, Newcastle or any other joke of a club. We do things properly.

As for no league title in how many years get a grip. Its not a chairmans job to win the league. He made appointments at the time that EVERYONE thought were correct (he has done again) and he's backed them. All he can do.

If Benitez fails i supose thats Moores fault aswell yes?

:no
83-1165214211

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:31 am

peewee wrote:
Reg wrote:

Not wanting to encourage you......  :D  but I met GH about a  week after he'd been sacked, at UEFA in Nyon. Believe me, the fella didnt give a fig he was already planning his immediate replacement job as an expect at the euro championships. As we all subsequently found out, he walked with a small fortune in this back pocket.

Didnt know about Swindon and Evans so i take that comment back.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:03 am

yes reg, i will look at your post, stu i have read yours and cant be bothered fighting.

all i will say is houllier was able to fool too many people for too long.
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:23 am

STR_18+5 wrote:For me Moores was excellent in his handling of Houllier from day one and deserves nothing but praise. This club isn't Villa, Newcastle or any other joke of a club. We do things properly.

actually i will comment.

do you think the way evans was treated was fair, bringing in houllier, telling evans houllier would work below him, then at the last minute telling them they would work together knowing full well that will never work, and therefore forcing evans out after refusing him spending money in his last season, only to give that money to houllier who wasted more than he spent wisely.

stu you make the comment 'we do things properley'. i cant see anything to be proud of in the clubs handling of evans, and lets remember evans was closer to winning the league that houllier was, the day houllier took over was a dark day for LFC in my opinion, ok you have a different opinion so we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. but please dont make comments like we do things properley when we acted that way with evans, that wasnt proper, that was a chairman without the balls to say he wanted houllier in charge.

moores is a nice guy, thats not in question, he loves the club, thats not in question, he is not a good business man because he isnt ruthless, that the problem. he is too nice
112-1077774096

Postby Rafa D » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:18 pm

The fact is David Moores has done a lot for this club. He has been willing to back his managers and give them time to do a job for the club. He is widely respected and reguarded as one of the best chairman in the game.

He loves the club and it must hurt him getting rid of it. I think instead of focusing on his extremely rare bad points just concentrate on his good points. He has done so much for this club and he has ran it excellently.

People say he is not ruthless enough, well out of the rest of the Premiership chairman, he may not be as ruthless as "Deadly" Doug Ellis or Freddy "I'll Buy Anyone Me" Sheppard, but he has ran our football club exactly as the fans would want. I wouldn't change him for anyone else in the world. Well maybe these Arabs :D
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafa D » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:56 pm

Who robbed MY POST?!?!!

Copy and Paste Hero

Rafa-Dodd ©
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:06 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Who robbed MY POST?!?!!

Copy and Paste Hero

Rafa-Dodd ©

:glare:  have you read some of those follow up comments Rafa D?  what a bunch of thick, illiterate ar5ewipes eh?  :no

Road end.......its the f**king end of the road in there alright!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion