David moores - A thank you

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rafa D » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:13 pm

In all this excitement of the new investors from the ill advised named DIC Investment group, David Moores is not getting enough credit for what he has done for this great football club. Yes the new owners will bring in much needed money and the promise of the new stadium but Moores and his famliy have made us what we are today - a damn good footballing club.

He gave time and money to all our managers. Look at how he backed Souness, Evans, Houllier and now Rafa Benitez. He never got rid of managers ala Newcastle United when the going got tough and when he did do the dastardly deed of sacking managers, he done it in a dignified manner and with great regret. He treated Houllier and Evans with great respect for what they have done for the club in the way he let them go. He respected people for what they have done for the club and kept to the traditional Liverpool values at all times.

He was a influencial figure in getting Steven Gerrard to stay probably our most important acheivement in the last 10 years bar winning the Champions League.

He is one of us, a Liverpool supporter through and through. He loves the club and has shown it many times over the years. He has made sure Liverpool kept there traditions and values over the years when many around us have failed to do so.

Its with a heavy heart that he realises he has to let go of this club that he loves. He has put his money, blood and sweat into this football club and now he is willing to walk away for the good of the club. Its shows a lot of the character of this man when he can walk away and sacrifice his own personal needs for the greater good of the club. I know he is a bigger man than me, I couldn't do it, I am sure of it. But he is, because the clubs needs him to.

It will a be a mix of sadness and excitement the day the deal gets signed off, yes the DIC will bring money but in this case money is not everything.

David Moores thanks for all the hard work you have done for this club, its players, its managers and its supporters. It's not easy being a chairman, and its near impossible being a good, widely liked chairman but you pulled it off and then some.

Thank You and I hope you stick around.   

Rafa-Dodd
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:21 pm

he is a good guy, a nice guy, but maybe he has been too nice and not ruthless enough.

i find people who have earned money have that nasty streak required in business, moores inherited his wealth and really doesnt have that streak.

but i agree mate, he is a red through and through and i hope he stays on in some capacity
112-1077774096

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:34 pm

Good post rafa.

He's been a good chairman for us and had the best interests of the club at heart.

The money he should get for his shares should cushion the blow abit.

Well deserved money i might add.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:50 pm

Rafa-Dodd wrote:In all this excitement of the new investors from the ill advised named DIC Investment group, David Moores is not getting enough credit for what he has done for this great football club. Yes the new owners will bring in much needed money and the promise of the new stadium but Moores and his famliy have made us what we are today - a damn good footballing club.

He gave time and money to all our managers. Look at how he backed Souness, Evans, Houllier and now Rafa Benitez. He never got rid of managers ala Newcastle United when the going got tough and when he did do the dastardly deed of sacking managers, he done it in a dignified manner and with great regret. He treated Houllier and Evans with great respect for what they have done for the club in the way he let them go. He respected people for what they have done for the club and kept to the traditional Liverpool values at all times.

He was a influencial figure in getting Steven Gerrard to stay probably our most important acheivement in the last 10 years bar winning the Champions League.

He is one of us, a Liverpool supporter through and through. He loves the club and has shown it many times over the years. He has made sure Liverpool kept there traditions and values over the years when many around us have failed to do so.

Its with a heavy heart that he realises he has to let go of this club that he loves. He has put his money, blood and sweat into this football club and now he is willing to walk away for the good of the club. Its shows a lot of the character of this man when he can walk away and sacrifice his own personal needs for the greater good of the club. I know he is a bigger man than me, I couldn't do it, I am sure of it. But he is, because the clubs needs him to.

It will a be a mix of sadness and excitement the day the deal gets signed off, yes the DIC will bring money but in this case money is not everything.

David Moores thanks for all the hard work you have done for this club, its players, its managers and its supporters. It's not easy being a chairman, and its near impossible being a good, widely liked chairman but you pulled it off and then some.

Thank You and I hope you stick around.   

Rafa-Dodd

well said.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:55 pm

I agree RD.

Top man, and should always be remembered as such.

Just look at his face after we'd just won the Champions' League - the bloke was crying.

I salute you, David, and I hope you remain Chairman even if you DO lose your controlling stake.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:56 pm

Well said young Raffa D! :D
66-1120597113

Postby 83-1165214211 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:18 pm

Legend.

Absoloute legend.

Everything he's ever done has been for the club, the money's he's ploughed into the club is fantastic and I for one think he's never made a bad mistake.

As for the ruthless side, he was ruthless with Houllier. So don't give me that :censored:. He gave Houllier exactly what he deserved. Time and money. He's done that with everyone and that makes him a fantastic chairman.
83-1165214211

Postby Rush Job » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:23 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:I agree RD.

Top man, and should always be remembered as such.

Just look at his face after we'd just won the Champions' League - the bloke was crying.

I salute you, David, and I hope you remain Chairman even if you DO lose your controlling stake.

Agreed!

What all sceptical fans of the new owners need to remember is D,M is Liverpool f.c this has most proberly been the hardest decision he has had to make and it has by no means been rushed, if David Moores thinks they are the right people to take LFC forward then that is good enough for me.
If he was a lesser man he`d hang on to the dettrament (spelling?) of the club.
If this is to be the end of the line for Moores and LFC i think he desserves some kind of official send off. :buttrock

Good pst R dodd
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:27 pm

great post Rafa D.  it would be fitting that the man who put so much into this club, should retain some stake in its future prosperity...whether that is by staying on as chairman or moving aside for fresh blood.  I believe he deserves a role somewhere at the periphery of things at the very least, for all the sterling work that has been achieved through sheer loyalty and his own highly regarded ideals.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:11 pm

Well said mate rafa dodd!

A legend and will never be forgotten! A top man and a top chairman.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:21 am

STR_18+5 wrote:As for the ruthless side, he was ruthless with Houllier. So don't give me that :censored:. He gave Houllier exactly what he deserved. Time and money. He's done that with everyone and that makes him a fantastic chairman.

i dont think he was ruthless with houllier mate, i think he should have reigned him in long befoe he did with his wild spending and negative tactics.

i am not saying he is not a good chairman, I am saying at times he should have been more ruthless, if you ask for my proof I give you no league title for many years
112-1077774096

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:37 am

peewee wrote:
STR_18 wrote:As for the ruthless side, he was ruthless with Houllier. So don't give me that :censored:. He gave Houllier exactly what he deserved. Time and money. He's done that with everyone and that makes him a fantastic chairman.

i dont think he was ruthless with houllier mate, i think he should have reigned him in long befoe he did with his wild spending and negative tactics.

i am not saying he is not a good chairman, I am saying at times he should have been more ruthless, if you ask for my proof I give you no league title for many years

dont know about that, i think he gave Houllier the boot at the right time, i mean there was no point giving him the sack mid season. We would never have got Benitez then, Houllier had a bad season when we finished 5th, the board gave him another season to turn it round and Houllier failed, so he deservedly got the boot, and i think that was very fair from the board, and the correct decision. I wouldnt want to see this club sacking its managers after one bad season.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:44 am

what about the boards treatment of roy evans, they didnt have the balls to sack him so they forced him out.

its ok being loyal, that is a great thing to have. but in business you have to be firm and make decisions that some people wont like, its for the good of the business and i just dont think moores has that killer instint that makes a good businessman.

dont get me wrong here, i like the guy and i hope he tays at the club in some capacity because he is red through and through, that may be the problem, he rules with his heart instead of his head. its a bad situation to be in, do you do what your heart say or do what your head says
112-1077774096

Postby RedBlood » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:10 am

do what your mum says, she knows best:D
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:08 am

peewee wrote:what about the boards treatment of roy evans, they didnt have the balls to sack him so they forced him out.

You're right, they could have sacked him and totally humiliated him in front of the nation. I would like to think they did the prefered option of doing it with a softly softly approach.

Evans left football for good after LFC, Kinda suggests he was burned out to me.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion