David moores - An example to chairmen everywhere

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:33 am

Since July 1998 (when Rick Parry became Chief Executive)

UEFA Cup 2001
Champions League 2005
UEFA Super Cup 2001, 2005
FA Cup 2001, 2006
League Cup 2001, 2003
Community Shield 2001, 2006

So, I ask you... LAUGHING STOCK? ???
ivor_the_injun

Postby Robbie Fowler 2007 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:13 am

There you go...bringing up the past.

How many league titles in that collection did you say?

If Man Utd win the league this season, thats 16, compared to lfc 18.

too close for comfort.
Robbie Fowler 2007

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:21 am

Well, look at Man U's squad, and mentally cross off the players that will almost certainly be too old for the highest level in 2 seasons time...

Van Der Sar, Giggs, Scholes, Neville, Solskjaer and Larsson spring to mind. That's a lot of players needing top quality replacements.

And from our squad?

Dudek, Hyypia and Fowler. And even Hyypia's not a guaranteed starter these days anyway.

I am absolutely adamant that our next title will come before Man U reach 18.

And anyway, if you're not ar*ed about the past, why are you so preoccupied with the number of titles the clubs have won in their history?
ivor_the_injun

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:18 pm

It occurs to me that some people have no freaking idea how difficult it is to create a world class company nor keep it there through good times and bad, and then some extremely bad times.. We've been consistantly in the top 3-4 for the past 35 years. Leeds self distructed despite flashing the cash. Chelsea are a drain for Abramovich's millions which is not sustainable. Arsenal and Man U are the only true examples of well run clubs. Spurs have knocked on the door a dozen times but they cant find the final ingredient. Liverpool know the formula, Moores realised his pockets werent deep enough after he'd backed Ged (was always going to be a gamble) so to take us back into the top flight we needed a new source of working capital.

Thats all, so I dont understand the Parry comments at all, seems more like a case of frustration and wanting to blame anyone but the players - who, afterall, failed to score goals to win matches.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:30 pm

Reg wrote:It occurs to me that some people have no freaking idea how difficult it is to create a world class company nor keep it there through good times and bad, and then some extremely bad times.. We've been consistantly in the top 3-4 for the past 35 years. Leeds self distructed despite flashing the cash. Chelsea are a drain for Abramovich's millions which is not sustainable. Arsenal and Man U are the only true examples of well run clubs. Spurs have knocked on the door a dozen times but they cant find the final ingredient. Liverpool know the formula, Moores realised his pockets werent deep enough after he'd backed Ged (was always going to be a gamble) so to take us back into the top flight we needed a new source of working capital.

Thats all, so I dont understand the Parry comments at all, seems more like a case of frustration and wanting to blame anyone but the players - who, afterall, failed to score goals to win matches.

Good post Reg
66-1112520797

Postby KRobbo10 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:36 pm

Good topic and well written, I would like some kind of mosaic or something saying thank you to David Mores, it would be a shame for him not to be thanked some how by the fans.
KRobbo10

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion