How far can england get in the world cup? - Last 16, ¼ final, semis, final

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:46 pm

I don’t know about you? But I reckon England has got the best group of players since the 1970 world cup. I know that Rooney might not be going but theirs always Peter Crouch. We have the best goal keeper in the world, John Terry being the rock in a quality back four, Gerrard drives England to have the best midfield in the competition, & a front two that can just click instantly with Crouch & Owen. England players can go all the way this summer.

What do you think? :)
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:50 pm

craig da Toxteth iron wrote:I don’t know about you? But I reckon England has got the best group of players since the 1970 world cup. I know that Rooney might not be going but theirs always Peter Crouch. We have the best goal keeper in the world, John Terry being the rock in a quality back four, Gerrard drives England to have the best midfield in the competition, & a front two that can just click instantly with Crouch & Owen. England players can go all the way this summer.

What do you think? :)

I think yes what bout you  :D  had to be done

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby tommycockles » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:54 pm

the only problem is when Owen gets injured (which in all probability he will) we haven't got much choice up front. Even with this though i still think we should at least get to the semi's. if we get to the final then i can see us going all the way!!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:58 pm

tommycockles wrote:the only problem is when Owen gets injured (which in all probability he will) we haven't got much choice up front. Even with this though i still think we should at least get to the semi's. if we get to the final then i can see us going all the way!!!

You right might. Owen has a history of hamstring problems; I will be worried if he pulls up
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:15 pm

England have a nice group and should go through. I don't think they have anything to fear from Germany or Poland in the last 16 match. However, they'd be the underdogs if they have to play Argentina or The Netherlands in the quarters.

BTW - since when in Robinson the best goalie in the world. Hasn't Shay Given been voted the best in the premiership for a couple of seasons? and there's plenty of quality goalies outside the premiership too.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:24 pm

i dont think wed be underdogs against the dutch. van der varte hasnt been the same in ages, van bommel is in all sorts of trouble mentally wise and they have no defence. they do seem to play a much more together game than they used to tho.

argentina on the other hand.... ouchie!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:29 pm

Big Niall wrote:England have a nice group and should go through. I don't think they have anything to fear from Germany or Poland in the last 16 match. However, they'd be the underdogs if they have to play Argentina or The Netherlands in the quarters.

i'd love it if we stuffed germany on their own patch in the last 16. funnily enough this germany side are probably stronger than the team who got to the final in 2002. however after their first eleven they're really weak.

as for argentina, we don't fear them. we've beaten them the last two times we've played them. holland on the other hand, seem to be one of our bogey sides, along with sweden.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ConnO'var » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:30 pm

We'll go all the way. Agree that we have the best group of players since '70.

Keep the faith, no matter how blind it is! :D
ConnO'var

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:45 pm

Winners. The only country that holds a candle to us is Brazil and with our defence i can see us beating them

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:14 pm

stmichael wrote:
Big Niall wrote:England have a nice group and should go through. I don't think they have anything to fear from Germany or Poland in the last 16 match. However, they'd be the underdogs if they have to play Argentina or The Netherlands in the quarters.

i'd love it if we stuffed germany on their own patch in the last 16. funnily enough this germany side are probably stronger than the team who got to the final in 2002. however after their first eleven they're really weak.

as for argentina, we don't fear them. we've beaten them the last two times we've played them. holland on the other hand, seem to be one of our bogey sides, along with sweden.

i think thats where the prem actual helps the english players. in the past foreigners tended to play against us with abandon but with a lot of these players now playing in the prem i think the english team will have a psychological edge.
robben and crespo infact all the chelsea players look to terry and lampard in a crisis and i think if they have to face terry in particular it might effect their games.
all the english players are big influences and leaders in their club sides and a lot of foreigners who play in the prem might give them a little too much respect.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:01 am

RichardLFC1 wrote:Winners. The only country that holds a candle to us is Brazil and with our defence i can see us beating them

Depends who we play doesn't it?
If Sven plays Neville, Carragher, Terry and Ashley Cole, then Brazil will have it tough.
If Sven plays Neville, Ferdinand, Campbell and Cole then they mite have it a bit easier.
I was a bit worried about the defence against jamaica yesterday becoz Ferdinand, Campbell and John Terry make a mistake and that could well be costly against teams like Paraguay, Sweden, Holland, Brazil and Argentina n so on.
48-1119859832

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion