World cup final - Italy v france

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:39 pm

No matter if your from argentina or zimbabwe England or Scotland everyone must love the world cup final. Although everyone would be sooo much more excited if there team was in it the world cup final is a global event and millions must sit down to watch it.

Italy
won there group with 2 wins over Ghana and the czech republic and suffering a draw with usa. In the group stages they scored 5 and conceded only the one. There second round game wasnt the greatest and a controversial penalty scored by francessco totti was the only real diffrence between them and the socceroos. Italy went all out and cained Shevchenko and the ukraine 3-0 showing that italy are a real threat to this years world cup. The game vs the germans was a great one and althought it was 0-0 to the 25 minute of extra time to late goals showed that the italians mean business.

France
France started poor and didnt even win there group. they won only the one game and drew twice against the korea and switzerland before beating togo 2-0. France not winning there group made most teams not worried about them but when you have henry zidane viera etc never forget about the french and they proved it. France came down from 1-0 to beat and impressive spain squad 1-3 and was looking the france of 98 again. Favourites probably since the 2002 world cup Brazil was the next challangers to france and people thought this is going to be a walk over how wrong could they be it was a tight match and a 57 th minute goal by hoover henry saw them go through to the quaters looking very impressive. Cristiano ronaldo and Portugal was looking for there 1st world cup final but a penalty from zinedene zidane proved too much as france reached the world cup final 2006

My prediction 2-0 Italy

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby GOAT » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:41 pm

Italy for me
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:51 pm

1-0 France.  They're defense has been very stingy in the last few games and they've taken what few chances they have created.  That's not to underestimate the Italians, mind...just a gut feeling.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby FeDe!!! -lariano- » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:28 pm

FORZA ITALIA!!!!!!!

Italy have a very very beautiful team... Gattuso is on Zidane, and Cannavaro-Materazzi on Henry... France will not able to play!!!!
If Toni or Gilardino don't score... there is Pippo Inzaghi... :;):

This game is too important for us italians:
World Cup France 98: France won durind the penalty
Europeo 2000: Final, France scored 1-1 at 94', and thay won thank to Goldengol of Trezeguet
Now we can not loose!!!!!!

FORZA ITALIA!!!!!!!!!!
COMO IN MY HEART!!!

... e canteremo dalle gradinate... la nostra fede non l'arrestate!!!
FeDe!!! -lariano-

Postby anti-hero » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:34 pm

1-0 to the Italians.

A late goal to nick it from the French.

Italy's gonna play their beloved uber defensive football and it would take a whole lot of magic from Zidane if France should even have a chance of winning it.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:36 pm

I think Italy will win 1-0.
Fe De can we have Luca Toni after the WC cheers. :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:57 pm

Im going for france. zidanes swansong and they all have a lot to proove to the early doubters. plus they really raise the game when it counts and ribery is having the tournament of his life. plus vera is showing he aint that bad as well.

2-1 france
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby corsocomo » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:56 pm

3-0 Italy. As good as France's teamsheet looks, they can never match up to the quality of this Italian side, bonded together even stronger due to problems at home.

From Buffon to Zambrotta to Cannavaro to Pirlo to Gattuso to Totti to Toni...France is no match technically for the Italians, with only the aging Zidane and Henry (who never performs that well on the world-stage other than his frequent diving!) to even "compete" with the Italians! :p

And who said the Italians are defensive??? Must be crazy to think that way if you've seen their matches this WC. They were defensive before, but Lippi's changed the mentality of this squad. There is a BIG difference between a team that plays with a good defense and a team that plays defensively. :)

I think they have finally found their balance this WC. Being both extremely tight defensively and superb when breaking out of defense into attack. No question about that! Italy's class will prevail this time, and I for once dare say they have not been playing their usual "catenaccio" this WC, and have taken the game to their opponents.

Big injustice if Italy were to lose. If you wanna talk about defensive, look no further than how disgustingly France played against Portugal, backs against the wall almost the whole game, only to be rescued by a contentious penalty.  :laugh:

Italy will taste sweet revenge this time round! Mark my words... :cool:
corsocomo

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:36 pm

2-0 France. Zidane to get both.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby 2520years » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:45 pm

I reckon it's going to be a very tight, tense affair.  I hope it doesn't go to penalties, but if it does that might give France the edge.  Barthez is an over-hyped keeper, but he's very athletic and will use every trick in the book to put off the Italian penalty-takers.  Add to that the poor history of the Italians in penalty shoot-outs.

It can go either way, but I think Italy will manage a goal in normal play, and sneak a 1-0.  Their defence is excellent, and I predict they'll be able to contain Henry and Zidane.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:13 pm

corsocomo wrote:3-0 Italy. As good as France's teamsheet looks, they can never match up to the quality of this Italian side, bonded together even stronger due to problems at home.

From Buffon to Zambrotta to Cannavaro to Pirlo to Gattuso to Totti to Toni...France is no match technically for the Italians, with only the aging Zidane and Henry (who never performs that well on the world-stage other than his frequent diving!) to even "compete" with the Italians! :p

And who said the Italians are defensive??? Must be crazy to think that way if you've seen their matches this WC. They were defensive before, but Lippi's changed the mentality of this squad. There is a BIG difference between a team that plays with a good defense and a team that plays defensively. :)

I think they have finally found their balance this WC. Being both extremely tight defensively and superb when breaking out of defense into attack. No question about that! Italy's class will prevail this time, and I for once dare say they have not been playing their usual "catenaccio" this WC, and have taken the game to their opponents.

Big injustice if Italy were to lose. If you wanna talk about defensive, look no further than how disgustingly France played against Portugal, backs against the wall almost the whole game, only to be rescued by a contentious penalty.  :laugh:

3-0?  FFS, they're not Ukraine!  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:24 pm

I fancy Italy to win myself and i dont think it will be as cagey as most.
I think 3-1, Italy have not been anything like the usual Italian teams in this tournament they have attacked teams and not sat back at all.
They done the business in the group and then before Materazzi was harshly sent off they were totally in control of the Australia game, after the sending off they hung on and got a very poor penalty to win it, but the referees initial sending off of the italian defender was just as poor a decision imo.
They then comfortably beat a weak Ukraine side and knocked out the hosts with some of the best football of the tournament.
Everything seems to be clicking for them, the keeper is one if not the best in the world, Cannavaro Zambrotta and Grosso have been magnificent and they dont look like conceding goals (especially against France who will play 1 up front) Gattuso should be alot tighter On Zidane than the brazilians and portuguese were and in toni they have a player who is a born goalscorer.
Obviously France have a great chance with a miserly defence and the likes of Ribery Zidane and Henry breaking but i think they looked really tired against Portugal and the Italians just look fresher and seem to have more options with subs as well.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby corsocomo » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:35 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
corsocomo wrote:3-0 Italy. As good as France's teamsheet looks, they can never match up to the quality of this Italian side, bonded together even stronger due to problems at home.

We shall see!  :eyebrow
corsocomo

Postby matrix » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:35 pm

i have to say  i wouldnt have given any chance for italy and france to win the world, at the start, but football is a crazy game...  ITALY 1  FRANCE 0     :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby corsocomo » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:49 pm

Bad Bob wrote:

Sorry for repost...but Bob...don't forget how France trounced Brazil 3-0 in WC98...and Brazil is not better than Ukraine I suppose?  :upside:
corsocomo

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion