Next england manager - Who would be your choice and why?

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Judge » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:04 pm

Lionheart wrote:
Judge wrote:me :)

That's probably the most sensible thing that has been raised in this thread!!!  :D

yes, and i was serious when i said it  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby craig da Toxteth iron » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:08 pm

BIG Sam is the Man for England:laugh:
Image Image

craig da Toxteth iron

Postby Lionheart » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:47 am

Judge wrote:
Lionheart wrote:
Judge wrote:me :)

That's probably the most sensible thing that has been raised in this thread!!!  :D

yes, and i was serious when i said it  :D

So was I!!!!  :eyebrow

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:40 am

Personally I'm dreading the thought of Big Sam turning England into the Bolton of international football.  It'll be like having Howard Wilkinson back.  UNLESS he can adapt to his new role and let England play passing football, based on a high tempo, but keeping the ball on the ground.  If he plays Kevin Davies up front I'm going to start supporting Scotland!
:D
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby MaxBoida » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:57 pm

I like the sound of Fat Sam for manager - if only the press etc would call him Fat Sam that'd make for some good headlines.
He's done wonders at Bolton and even managed to get some skill out of that prat Diouf.
HOWEVER.....
Gus Hiddink might be a good one, take note though he's not really coached a "superpower" of football yet (international anyway), the astonishing way he handled Sth Korea has be worried about what he's going to do with the Aussies.
If we meet them in the World Cup we'd better bloody well beat them - spare a thought for us Poms living in Australia, we had to tolerate the :censored: last time we played and I could not handle the press getting hold of the soccerpoos success in WC.
(we've got the rugby and the ashes though - sweet!)
God's job's a good 'un - Robbie Fowler
MaxBoida

Postby steviec » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:00 pm

With respect to you my english cousins,  when was the last time an English born manager won anything of note. (Carling cup hardly counts)  They might have sh*te players but the  Scots can turn out a manager ok;  Shanks, Kenny, Fergie, Big Jock. Busby etc and Bob Paisley was a Geordie, and that barely counts as English :blush: Get the patriotic notions out of your head, and get someone like Rafa or even Houllier, who has worked wonders since he left.  Martin O'Neill would be a great motivator but is an Irish Catholic so his following over here would not adhere to him managing you.  Any way I still hope you bring the bugger back  :buttrock
Save money on expensive binoculars by standing closer to the object you are trying to observe
steviec

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:24 pm

guus hiddink would be my choice, has a very impressive CV at both club and international level, and has worked with a range of players and always made it work, and most importantly he would want the job! None of the English managers are good enough or experienced enough for the job. If it does go to an englishman though i would give it to Peter Taylor as he has good national team experience with the under 21's and has worked closely with the senior team set up under Glenn Hoddle and Errikson, also he took charge for one game as caretaker manager.
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:27 pm

martin o'neill
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:28 pm

its got to be a english manager in my opinion.
my choice would be BIG SAM.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:51 pm

A few great candidates i would like to see pearcie me self Look what he has done for manchester cuty also he has that great passion for england what we lacked in sven and i think if a player made a mistake they would try it again hence hes nickname psyco

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:38 pm

It's Sam, currently best English manager
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby winboy72 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:58 am

i agree i think he should be english but there is one or two candate i have not made my mind up yet
winboy72

Postby Blind_Ref » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:24 am

just came across this on betdirect.net. they're offering 500 to 1 odds on peter crouch as next england manager. does someone know something we don't?  :D  http://www.betdirect.net/betdirect?acti ... &id=356033
Blind_Ref

Postby laza » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:22 am

I see Guus is out of the equation, he would be have been quality for them.
Hopefully he go to Real Madrid and stay out of Premier league plus keep them happy.
So that they keep their theiving eyes off Rafa
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:07 am

Alan Curbishly would have to be a main contender, what he has done at Charlton is exceptional especially on the shoe string budget he has in there kitty. I think he would also command a fair bit of respect from the players and I think in that respect he comes across as a likable guy.
He has the right way of thinking how the game should be played and tends to set his teams out to play football and the ' get up em approach' which is all part and parcel ofthe English game.

Big fat Sam, no thanks . I'd like to see first how he copes when all his pensioners sign-off, it will be interesting to see how he re-builds his team, plus he style is almost to "English" traditionaly with his route one tactics and there is to much emphasis on the physical side with big Fat Sam and not enough football.
66-1112520797

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion