Mid Season Review

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby eds » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:12 pm

maguskwt » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:18 pm wrote:Yes and that's because Gerrard told him Arsenal was not a step up and to give the club one more season to qualify for the CL and one of the top clubs like real or barca or bayern would come for him. Suarez job was done with us and barca came in for him. Under such circumstances, the club could no longer keep him and he would still be giving 100%. I bet if he was forced to stay another season, there will be quite a severe backlash by him. He will be saying the club has broken promises, he may refuse to play like mash, and when he did he probably would've bitten all 11 of the opponents.

Selling Suarez for 80 million is not the mistake. Spending money on Lovren and balotelli is.

So what if there was a backlash from him?

Since when is it acceptable that players hold clubs to ransom based on what they want.  :no

We should have stuck to our guns, no SANCHEZ means no SUAREZ.

This club is a laughing stock because Suarez got his way in leaving us up s**t creek, Gerrard basically does as he pleases and idiots like Borini have somehow worked out how to use "Jedi mind control"  on the feeble minded like Ayre and Rodgers ultimately controlling our player transfers because they are dangerously deluded (like half the lemmings on here) and not accepting that they are useless.

As much as we all hate Whiskey nose and  Maureen this would never have happened on their watch.

Its time this club grew some ba.ll.s and started telling its players where they stood in the grand scheme of things.
Last edited by eds on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:19 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:37 pm wrote:Dead right they knew he was off once he signed that new deal last November which makes the fact that we never lined up a decent replacement worse given the time we had to scout one.
That numpty of a committee assumed Barca would be desperate to include Sanchez in any deal so as not to fork out the full fee. When they came to the table to negotiate the Suarez deal they had said Sanchez wouldn't be a part of it and we would have to approach his agent if we wanted him. We did that but he was already gone to Arsenal as Wenger didn't dally like we do and sounded his agent out while in brazil.

Spot on.

We are in this mess because these idiots don't plan ahead. You can clearly see this with most of our signings, Balotelli epitomizes this ineptitude.

They would have known well in advance that Suarez was leaving last season, they should have started to doing their homework MONTHS in advance.

It really is amateur hour when they start talking to players like Sanchez when they have already been sounded out by a rival club and where into the advanced stages of thrashing out their contract.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:58 pm wrote:
Boocity » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:16 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:47 pm wrote:A team that has gone such a transformation cannot gel immediately. Happens to all sports clubs, be it football or basketball. If BR cannot turn it around in the 2nd half of the season, then fair enough. What happens to the millions will be obvious starting from next season. It will however go down the drain if the owners lose faith now and is trigger happy and fire the manager. Because the new players may not be in the new manager's plans.

What transformation, we lost one player albeit our best player and didn't see fit to replace him. We are in a mess because we did exactly what BR said we wouldn't do, a Spurs

Oh so now we've done a spurs? You've written off all our signings after just 4 months even though Lallana and Markovic are starting to look like perfect fits for our 3-4-2-1 system and Can has looked the best midfielder at the club whenever he has got on the park?

Come on yakka, you know fine well what he means in the comparison to spurs. Ie: spending over a hundred million and getting fook all for it.
Our new 3-4-2-1 system that the genius devised 2 weeks ago because he was up half the night thinking about it. It would have been better off coming out with it months ago but i guess the team falling apart didn't give him any sleepless nights then.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:36 pm

eds » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:19 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:37 pm wrote:Dead right they knew he was off once he signed that new deal last November which makes the fact that we never lined up a decent replacement worse given the time we had to scout one.
That numpty of a committee assumed Barca would be desperate to include Sanchez in any deal so as not to fork out the full fee. When they came to the table to negotiate the Suarez deal they had said Sanchez wouldn't be a part of it and we would have to approach his agent if we wanted him. We did that but he was already gone to Arsenal as Wenger didn't dally like we do and sounded his agent out while in brazil.

Spot on.

We are in this mess because these idiots don't plan ahead. You can clearly see this with most of our signings, Balotelli epitomizes this ineptitude.

They would have known well in advance that Suarez was leaving last season, they should have started to doing their homework MONTHS in advance.

It really is amateur hour when they start talking to players like Sanchez when they have already been sounded out by a rival club and where into the advanced stages of thrashing out their contract.

They are clowns ed's and seem to flit from one target to the next. Konoplyanka for example, we spent a full window trying for this lad and then in the summer nothing. Maybe he got leprosy or something  :D
Its rodgers mate, Its all about him and he believes any player can fit his system rather than have top players who get all the credit. The committee is just a convenient excuse to deflect criticism from him having a poor eye for a player.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:27 am

eds » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:19 am wrote:

Spot on.

I guess Rodgers had more important stuff to do....like getting his teeth whiten. Going after a new bird. Summer well spent if you ask me  :buttrock
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:52 am

maguskwt » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:22 pm wrote:btw, I would give BR a C- for the first half of the season...

10th place after spending £116,000,000?

Seriously?

You are the most stupid man ever to walk the face of the earth mate. Seriously. :no
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:34 am

I feel a bit sorry for the man at times.  You have people beating Rodgers with a stick for signing Markovic, writing him off as a flop.  Then when we switch to a different style and he finds some form people question why he didn't do it 2 months ago.  Maybe Markovic wasn't as fit at that stage?  Maybe his confidence was low?  Maybe the manager wanted to give things time to see if they clicked before changing systems?  Maybe the new system had to be worked out on the training ground before being implemented? 

Its the same with the Suarez argument.  He was a very good player that at times frustratingly missed chances when Rodgers first arrived.  But Rodgers put him in a system that made him one of the best in the world and an outstanding goalscorer. 
Does Rodgers get any credit?  No.  Is Suarez setting la liga on fire in a different team?  No he isn't right now.   
Surely one can conclude that Rodgers at least somewhat helped get the most out of Suarez? 

Its also easy to point out that we spent 116M.  But you have to consider that we lost one of the best players in the world.  Lost are next best striker to injury for 6 months and signings like Lallana got injured during a critical time for pre season and the start of the season.

I remember this forum back in 09 / 10.  Half the forum wanted Rafa sacked, the other half wanted him to stay. 
5 years on the man is winning trophies for other clubs.  A lot of our more trigger happy fans that wanted him gone would take him back now. 

Its hurts quite a bit seeing Rafa win trophies with other clubs.   i just hope we don't end up witnessing Rodgers put together a fantastic attacking side elsewhere while we jump from manager to manager.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:47 am

jacdaniel » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:34 am wrote:I feel a bit sorry for the man at times.  You have people beating Rodgers with a stick for signing Markovic, writing him off as a flop.  Then when we switch to a different style and he finds some form people question why he didn't do it 2 months ago.  Maybe Markovic wasn't as fit at that stage?  Maybe his confidence was low?  Maybe the manager wanted to give things time to see if they clicked before changing systems?  Maybe the new system had to be worked out on the training ground before being implemented? 

Its the same with the Suarez argument.  He was a very good player that at times frustratingly missed chances when Rodgers first arrived.  But Rodgers put him in a system that made him one of the best in the world and an outstanding goalscorer. 
Does Rodgers get any credit?  No.  Is Suarez setting la liga on fire in a different team?  No he isn't right now.   
Surely one can conclude that Rodgers at least somewhat helped get the most out of Suarez? 

Its also easy to point out that we spent 116M.  But you have to consider that we lost one of the best players in the world.  Lost are next best striker to injury for 6 months and signings like Lallana got injured during a critical time for pre season and the start of the season.

I remember this forum back in 09 / 10.  Half the forum wanted Rafa sacked, the other half wanted him to stay. 
5 years on the man is winning trophies for other clubs.  A lot of our more trigger happy fans that wanted him gone would take him back now. 

Its hurts quite a bit seeing Rafa win trophies with other clubs.   i just hope we don't end up witnessing Rodgers put together a fantastic attacking side elsewhere while we jump from manager to manager.

Sorry mate I only hear excuses for lack of managerial skills. He KNEW  Suarez is leaving he KNEW  Daniel is injury prone HE signed Mario!!!! That's not unlucky that's stupid. He KNEW SG is 34 where is his DM? Marco and Lovern for 20m and they can't deliver? LAllana can but he is benched? BR can't hide behind excuses of luck and circumstances he made his own luck with a series of wrong decisions and pathetic interviews.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:48 pm

Stu the Red » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:52 am wrote:
maguskwt » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:22 pm wrote:btw, I would give BR a C- for the first half of the season...

Seriously?

You are the most stupid man ever to walk the face of the earth mate. Seriously. :no

Well you don't know me and , here's a reality check for you, you are not any kind of authority on football... (get that in your head somehow despite your megalomania) so you can take your snide remarks and shove it...

The thing is this... some of you lot are so severely biased against Rodgers that from now till end of the season, even if we qualified for the CL and won a trophy, you will all be keeping quiet and won't give him his due. Only when we are not doing well the claws will come out again. It's no surprise then that after we finished 2nd last season and was involved in the closest title race ever since we last won it and ahead of schedule at that, most of you lot were nowhere to be seen or heard on this forum. But now it's "Ooohhhh that was due to Suarez and Suarez alone" which is really really laughable.

For the modern generations, the patience and perseverance when it comes to LFC is gone. Long term planning is frowned upon. Success needs to come now and instantly. The model of success now is clubs like Man City and Chelsea. I can't say I blame these kinda fans... Only thing I just want to highlight is that LFC is not owned by oil tycoons nor Russian billionaires.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:40 pm

To give Rodgers an F (or a Z as one poster put it) is probably as rediculous as giving him an A for the first half. To give him an F would be if we had not won a match or scored a goal which we clearly have so to me that is an over-reaction to a bad run. To give him a C is a little generous, it would more than likely be a D (which is a failing grade but can be improved apon). I am prepared to give him the benefit of this full season to turn things around. He has limitations but alot more goes on behind the scene that we don't know about and it is probably alot easier to critisize someone doing the job than to actually do the job. To hear some on here you would think it was easy. I respect that he likes attacking football and that is how he wants to play, that is full of all kinds of dangers and attacking football has never won the prem before. I would as a fan of football like to see it, and I do think he will find something that works.

Losing Suarez  was a big blow and add to that Sturridge I'm not surprised we have struggled. Losing a big player like Suarez is never going to be seamless unless you had a team of superstars, I dont blame him for that.

In the last three matches we HAVE improved. We dominated all three matches even though we lost easily to the scum, we beat a Championship side and drew with Arsenal (just). In golfing terms (for you Stu) we are now tapping it in for bogey rather than a long put and you know pars and birdies are on the horizon. In the last three seasons we have improved in the second half and I don't see why we should not this year.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:15 pm

kazza » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:40 pm wrote:To give Rodgers an F (or a Z as one poster put it) is probably as rediculous as giving him an A for the first half. To give him an F would be if we had not won a match or scored a goal which we clearly have so to me that is an over-reaction to a bad run. To give him a C is a little generous, it would more than likely be a D (which is a failing grade but can be improved apon). I am prepared to give him the benefit of this full season to turn things around. He has limitations but alot more goes on behind the scene that we don't know about and it is probably alot easier to critisize someone doing the job than to actually do the job. To hear some on here you would think it was easy. I respect that he likes attacking football and that is how he wants to play, that is full of all kinds of dangers and attacking football has never won the prem before. I would as a fan of football like to see it, and I do think he will find something that works.

Losing Suarez  was a big blow and add to that Sturridge I'm not surprised we have struggled. Losing a big player like Suarez is never going to be seamless unless you had a team of superstars, I dont blame him for that.

In the last three matches we HAVE improved. We dominated all three matches even though we lost easily to the scum, we beat a Championship side and drew with Arsenal (just). In golfing terms (for you Stu) we are now tapping it in for bogey rather than a long put and you know pars and birdies are on the horizon. In the last three seasons we have improved in the second half and I don't see why we should not this year.

I give him an F and if you think a team that finished second then spends £100m + in the closed season and then has their worse start in 50 years deserves a higher mark then I want some of whatever you're drinking.

Yes we have seen a improvement in our attack over the past 3 games but we have only beat a Championship team and our defence has got even worse.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:40 pm

jacdaniel » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:34 am wrote:  Maybe the new system had to be worked out on the training ground before being implemented? 

:no 
He was patting himself on the back last week Jac saying that he came up with it while he was up half the night thinking about it before the Bournemouth game  :nod .
It will never be about the Club or players with him, Its all about one man and his arrogant ego.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:17 am

maguskwt » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:48 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:52 am wrote:

Seriously?

Well you don't know me and , here's a reality check for you, you are not any kind of authority on football... (get that in your head somehow despite your megalomania) so you can take your snide remarks and shove it...

The thing is this... some of you lot are so severely biased against Rodgers that from now till end of the season, even if we qualified for the CL and won a trophy, you will all be keeping quiet and won't give him his due. Only when we are not doing well the claws will come out again. It's no surprise then that after we finished 2nd last season and was involved in the closest title race ever since we last won it and ahead of schedule at that, most of you lot were nowhere to be seen or heard on this forum. But now it's "Ooohhhh that was due to Suarez and Suarez alone" which is really really laughable.

For the modern generations, the patience and perseverance when it comes to LFC is gone. Long term planning is frowned upon. Success needs to come now and instantly. The model of success now is clubs like Man City and Chelsea. I can't say I blame these kinda fans... Only thing I just want to highlight is that LFC is not owned by oil tycoons nor Russian billionaires.

As I recall Stu was one of the only ones ballsy enough to say that when we were beating teams left, right and center (eventually coming second) it was all to do with Suarez in our side, he got lambasted for it but called it correctly AT THE TIME.

No one is bias against Rodgers, we just don't like sitting in a sandpit of turds having "a nice little play with s**t" like you and the rest of the lemmings do.  Oblivious to everything going on around them.

eds

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:47 am

Thanks for that eds. I called it after the Chelsea game last year and I was the most clueless person ever for doing so... Funny how idiots always say it's hindsight... It's not... It's just vision...
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:46 pm

Well very poor first half of the season and not much to shout about. One win out of 6 CL games and out of it, in what was a group we should really have qualified imo. League form has never got going and resulted in us drifting in midtable. Defensive issues look no closer to being resolved. Last couple of performances have been more positive and hopefully that will coincide with Sturridge's return and the hope is we can push on in the second half of the season. 4th is still well and truly on as our direct competitors haven't been great themselves.
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion